PDA

View Full Version : SOS - Text critters needed ...

AmberLee
10-12-2002, 01:25 AM
Hi all,

Would appreciate help for a project I'm doing elsewhere.

I used as separators between groups the following character string just to be amusing:

>^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^< >^._.^<

representing a group of cats. It just occured to me that it would be more representative if I alternated with other symbols to represent other groups of pets. Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank... All I can think of is <>< <>< <>< to represent fishes and (oVo) (oVo) to represent owls ... which aren't really my idea of pets, anyways. I know there must be some set of symbols for dogs and for birds, but I'm blanking. Can any of you help me out? Thanks.

C\\===\\> for a curly tailed Dachund? (Looks more like a ferret, right? Bother!)

aly
10-12-2002, 02:15 AM
mouse!

<:3~~

slleipnir
10-12-2002, 09:28 AM
<\__~
/\ /\ Not sure if this is what your looking for..but it could be a horse or dog or something..(legs should be back more, but it doesn't show for this)

Aspen and Misty
10-12-2002, 11:06 AM
(\ /)
( .. )
('')('') Bunny! LOL :D

Ash

Karen
10-12-2002, 11:21 AM
There are tons on the web - do a search for "ascii animals" and you'll find lots!

this ferret
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;;;
.~.~~;;;;;;;
\_/-\|----\\
&nbsp;'&nbsp;&nbsp;""&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"" b'ger

cat
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;//
&nbsp;/\_/\&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;//
(@.@ )_.-._//
>&nbsp;O&nbsp;<&nbsp;.-.&nbsp;&nbsp; )
&nbsp;&nbsp;|/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|/

reindeer -

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;{_}
'-=\
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;\\____(
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;_|/---\\_
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;\&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;\

There are tons out there!

Sam's My Baby
10-12-2002, 12:57 PM
I searched some on the interent and I found some really cool ones!!! they are really big and they have color! go here to see some lion king ones.
http://users.inetw.net/~mullen/lionking.htm

AmberLee
10-12-2002, 01:47 PM
Thank you.

slleipnir
10-12-2002, 08:46 PM
wow..those lion king ones are neat ;D

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2002, 02:18 AM
Wow! That's a cool link. I bookmarked it for future reference. :)

RockyRoad
10-13-2002, 10:41 AM
()* *()
(~_*_~)

What about that chubby dog lol I made that one up I know its stupid :D

I like the site, I bookmarked it too!

^~~^
~^~

I guess this one looks sort of like a Schanuzer or something lol another one I made up :)

RockyRoad
10-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Oh no they got massed up!!:( Well you get the point!

Karen
10-13-2002, 12:10 PM
For any line that starts with a space, or any place in the middle of a line with more than one space, you have to use "& nbsp ;" without the spaces so just &-enbeeesspee-semicolon for each "space." If you scroll up, you'll see that my reindeer and cat now look better, and the ferret's tail is closer to where it should be, that was done with &-enbeeesspee-semicolon - s!

anna_66
10-15-2002, 02:29 PM
Here is a website that I know of. Official Smiley Dictionary (http://www.smileydictionary.com/) If you click on Emoticons, there is some there. But I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for.