PDA

View Full Version : Stinky kitty

meezcrazi
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi all,
I have a smelly problem. I have Gir who is just under a year old. Lately he has had a really smelly butt. I guess it's gas. I often hear his tummy doing the rumbling noises. Now I haven't changed his food. We did get a new treat but I'm pretty sure this started before that and the treat is same brand as the old just different flavor.
I'm wondering if the food has started to disagree with him. Man that would be a shame because after much trial and error this is the food that agrees best with my older cat.
What can I do about smelly gas?

catmandu
12-30-2009, 03:42 PM
It sounds like some gastric issues are not allowing Gir to digest his food properly and thats why hes not eliminating as well as he should.
I had this issue with Scrappy 2 and my Vet gave him some gel to help her absorb her food at a lot better!
We pray that smelly bum soon will be a bad memory!!
:love::love::love:

Moesha
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
I had a cat, Morgan, that would have smell problems if he ate something with salmon in it. Perhaps it is the new flavor of treat after all.

3Catcondo
12-30-2009, 05:08 PM
What a handsome fellow. I say either the food or the treats are causing the issue, maybe try a different brand or flavor.

columbine
12-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Gir is Gorgeous! Ask the vet about the gas - it could be an early warning that could save you major expense later on. Maybe he just needs a vitamin or something.

Love, Columbine

Medusa
12-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Gorgeous Gir probably does have an issue w/the food. My Boo Bear experiences that on occasion. Might want to talk to your vet about it. :)

meezcrazi
12-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Thank you all for the advice!!