PDA

View Full Version : Signing on/Logging in

Scooter's Mom
12-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Am I the only one who is having to log in/sign on each time they visit? I never had to do this until a couple of days ago... I was able to stay logged in semi-permanently. Now I can't stay logged in for more than 1 session.

I haven't changed anything on my computer, so I wondered if something changed here?

Thanks!

Karen
12-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Nothing has changed here. Check your browser settings, someone or something may have "unchecked" "accept cookies." The "cookie" is how your computer keeps track that you are logged in, so you need to accept it to STAY logged in.

happylabs
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Yes. I have been having the same problem.

Moesha
12-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Count me in on that also. It is driving me crazy. I never had the box checked to remember me either. I checked that and it has helped. I have been able to stay logged in for a couple of days before I have to resign in. Just curious, what browser are you using?

Taz_Zoee
12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
After Christmas I had to log in again here at work and at home. But other than that it's been working for me.

aTailOf2Kitties
12-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I've had the same issue. I had to re-log in once on each computer. I've stayed logged in on all of them since then though (after clicking Remember Me on every PC)

Scooter's Mom
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Karen, I am the only one who uses my computer and there have been no changes made to it.

At least I am not the only one. I was afraid I had done something wrong! lol

As far as my browser, I am using Mozilla/Firefox.

Freedom
12-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Crystal, I use Firefox.

After Christmas, I had to log in ONCE, and click "remember me" beforeI hit enter. Since then, it has been fine.

Moesha
12-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I use Firefox too. There was an update last week, just before the login problem. I wonder if that is what caused the problem. I never have had to check the box to be remembered before. I did it this time though. I had to relog in yesterday again. Today has been fine.

Asiel
12-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I have to log in every time I come on. Thought it was supposed to be that way so I didn't think it was anything going wrong. Guess I'll check that box.

aTailOf2Kitties
12-30-2009, 06:50 PM
I have 2 computers at home and 3 at work. I had not logged out on any of them or changed anything at all, but I had to re-log in on all 5 this week. I always click remember me the first time I log in after getting bumped, and I stay logged in forever until something bumps me again.

Karen
12-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh, Paul did do a software security patch this week. I had to log back in once, but it has keep me logged in since then. Make sure you check the "remember me" box, and you should be all set.

What version of Firefox are you using?

Scooter's Mom
12-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Oh, Paul did do a software security patch this week. I had to log back in once, but it has keep me logged in since then. Make sure you check the "remember me" box, and you should be all set.

What version of Firefox are you using?

3.0.16 is my version.
I click on "remember me" every time and it's just not remembering me... LOL I think I am pretty hard to forget, yet this computer has managed to do it! :D

Karen
12-31-2009, 07:04 AM
3.0.16 is my version.
I click on "remember me" every time and it's just not remembering me... LOL I think I am pretty hard to forget, yet this computer has managed to do it! :D

Okay, go into Firefox, and under the Firefox menu, go to preferences. Then hit the tab for "Privacy" and you will see where you can set how long your machine keeps cookies for. "Accept cookies" should be checked, and then change the drop-down to "until they expire" - I am guessing it is set to "I close Firefox" at the moment.

Scooter's Mom
12-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Okay, go into Firefox, and under the Firefox menu, go to preferences. Then hit the tab for "Privacy" and you will see where you can set how long your machine keeps cookies for. "Accept cookies" should be checked, and then change the drop-down to "until they expire" - I am guessing it is set to "I close Firefox" at the moment.

That is the option that is selected already. I don't know why it's doing this, then.
Thanks for the help!

Moesha
12-31-2009, 08:03 AM
Karen, you don't have to close Firefox for it to happen. If you just don't click on Pet Talk for a few minutes or so, it resets and you have to relog in. Although clicking the remember me button has helped me some. I never used to have to do that though. I could be here for days or weeks, even rebooting the computer, and never relog in. Perhaps that was addressed in the security patch you mentioned Paul installing.

smokey the elder
12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
I had the same thing happen with Internet Explorer 6 and Firefox (not sure of version.) I'm glad I remembered my password!:)

Husky_mom
12-31-2009, 11:28 AM
same here.. firefox user.. only user of the comp.. no changes..

had to input password every time.. even after clicking remember me.. for a couple days.. now (today) itīs fine.. so weird..

Scooter's Mom
12-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Karen, you don't have to close Firefox for it to happen. If you just don't click on Pet Talk for a few minutes or so, it resets and you have to relog in. Although clicking the remember me button has helped me some. I never used to have to do that though. I could be here for days or weeks, even rebooting the computer, and never relog in. Perhaps that was addressed in the security patch you mentioned Paul installing.

At least it's the same problem as Moesha has. weird stuff.

Karen
12-31-2009, 04:34 PM
It must have to do with the security patch we installed for vBulletin. Have you tried updating your Firefox lately?

Scooter's Mom
12-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Trying that now. Hope it works!

Scooter's Mom
12-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Upgrading firefox didn't help.
:confused:

Karen
01-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if vBulletin will make another patch. Obviously Firefox is keeping your cookie long enough for you to post, but it must be quite annoying!

Scooter's Mom
01-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Still have to log in each visit. *sigh*

Genny
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Hmm..that's strange. It works fine for me. Every once in a while I'll have to log-in, but it's not that often and not enough to annoy me ;/ I hope it starts working for ya tho ;]