PDA

View Full Version : New Year resolutions.. what's yours?

CountryWolf07
12-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Thought I'd start a thread on New Year resolutions.. here are two of mine, and I intend to keep them THIS time around.

- work out daily on the treadmill - Fridays/Saturdays with the boyfriend at the rec center, get back in shape, lose about 10 lbs that I've gained the last year.

- cut back on Starbucks' mocha and frappachino drinks from every week to once a month

pomtzu
12-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I was just about to start a thread on this. You beat me to it. I guess great minds think alike! :p

I made my one resolution. It's the same one I make every year, and I always keep it.

My resolution is to never make a New Year's Resolution....:D:eek:

Alysser
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Mine this year is to physically advance myself not only in weight loss, but I need more upper body strength too. I have already started working toward it. :D Oh, also to keep with this final college major, I don't know why I didn't see it before. I've changed my mind 50 times, but this was my original one and someone discouraged me from it because "I wouldn't make alot of money without having a PhD" well, I'm willing to get the PhD for something I love - Marine Biology. That's the last time I let someone change my mind.

slick
12-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't normally make resolutions because I always break them in the first week of Jan. :rolleyes: This year, however, I vow to do the following:

with doctor's help, wean myself off my meds by continuing my weight loss
be more patient with myself
be more patient with my Mom
reduce stress in my life. Although I may not be able to eliminate it, I can do things to handle it better
stop talking and listen more
take serious steps to improve my financial situation
That's it for now. I welcome any of you to follow up with me on this in February. :)

Taz_Zoee
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I was just about to start a thread on this. You beat me to it. I guess great minds think alike! :p

I made my one resolution. It's the same one I make every year, and I always keep it.

I love this! This is my kind of resolution! I can never keep a New Year Resolution, so I just don't make them. :)

Catherinedana
12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
My resolution is to continue diligently working on my dream so that I will be free of my corporate job as soon as possible. . .intention set on the end of 2010.

Husky_mom
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I love this! This is my kind of resolution! I can never keep a New Year Resolution, so I just don't make them. :)

add me to this list.. lol..

although there are thing IŽd like to do.. whenever (so they are NOT resolutions at all).. haha.. loose weight, start a business of my own(so i have extra $), and keep me fit (strength-wise... i could so use upper body strength.. lol)

Randi
12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
reduce stress in my life. Although I may not be able to eliminate it, I can do things to handle it better
Slick, I so hope you'll be able to reduce the stress. I know it's difficult at work, but your health is more important! :love:

I WILL follow up on this in February! :eek:

Funny, I had this one: "be more patient with my Mom" on my list years ago, too - and I managed to do it! :)

One I'll try to do is, stop interrupting you when you're talking. ;)

(((hugs)))

Asiel
12-30-2009, 01:14 PM

Ditto that for me---I can think of great resolutions to make but I never seem to keep them either. :D

catnapper
12-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I didn't see your thread on serious resolutions until after I posted mine on silly ones.

Ok, so I do have some serious resolutions
~ Get back to eating right and working out (walking Callie) with regularity
~ Eat at home (we MIGHT have a kitchen some day soon)

GILL
12-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Mine are:
1. continue to lose weight (35 to go)
2. continue to do transports
3. Help as many as I can.
4. stop saying foster when it is permanent

CountryWolf07
12-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Few more:

- Be more patient towards others and with myself
- Work on my "getting mad too fast" and get better (again, I would think that relates to being patient with myself..)
- Manage my money more wisely, save up a good amount...

kokopup
12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
-I have a lot of unfinished projects that I will finish this year.
-Seek a purpose for being on this planet.
-forgive those I perceived to have wronged me.(let go of resentments I've had
since childhood)
-Be a better Husband, Father, Grandfather, and Brother.
-Give more of myself to others.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Continue to do well in veterinary technology school, study HARD and long, pass ALL my tests, midterms, and final exams, and PASS all of the practical skills!!:D

Medusa
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM

We're so alike it's scary. My resolution has lately been to stop kidding myself about keeping resolutions.

Kfamr
12-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Find a home!

KYS
12-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Mine is to eat healthier and try not to be such a worry wart.
Last year it was to diet and I gained 20 pounds. :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
I resolve to exercise regularly.
I resolve to do better at money management.
To stop acquiring "stuff", let go of things that are cluttering up my place and give away what I am not using but others might be able to.
To figure out what to do with the remaining years of my career.

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2009, 11:53 PM
I usually don't make resolutions but I'll try to:
work on my debt (it's hard with my cats always getting sick)
try to eat healthier
try not to get so stressed out at work
try to get plenty of sleep

Pinot's Mom
01-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Mine this year is to physically advance myself not only in weight loss, but I need more upper body strength too. I have already started working toward it. :D Oh, also to keep with this final college major, I don't know why I didn't see it before. I've changed my mind 50 times, but this was my original one and someone discouraged me from it because "I wouldn't make alot of money without having a PhD" well, I'm willing to get the PhD for something I love - Marine Biology. That's the last time I let someone change my mind.

Whoever told you that is a pessimist and has no basis for it. Go for what you want and you'll be better off! You'll be fine!
PS...my husband's College Degree is in Biology, he has no Master's of PhD, and he makes money!;)

My resolution is to continue diligently working on my dream so that I will be free of my corporate job as soon as possible. . .intention set on the end of 2010.

That's a great goal! Good luck with it!!:D

I, myself, don't make resolutions on New Year's. I just try and make little promises to myself throughout the year. Sometimes they work, sometimes not, but it's all good!:)

Medusa
01-01-2010, 10:00 AM

Do what you love and the money will follow. IMO, there's nothing worse than abandoning a dream/goal just for the sake of money. You can have both.

Alysser
01-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I slept over a friends house last night and she said the same thing, she wanted to do Marine Bio and she "researched" salaries online and found they don't make anything. I just can't bring myself to believe that, especially since she found this info online. I LOVED Marine Bio since I was, maybe, 4 or 5, and my dad tried to major in it because he loved it. But he didn't and now he regrets it immensely. I'm going to follow my dream, I really am. I don't care what other people say.

momcat
01-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Mine is simple.....don't feel guilty about not keeping the other resolutions

trayi52
01-01-2010, 07:16 PM
I just don't make New Years resolutions, just take it day by day! I know I couldn't keep one anyway.

Willie:)