PDA

View Full Version : So What Dogs Foods Have You Tried?

Candy317
12-29-2009, 02:17 PM
My timeline goes something like this...

Supermarket brands (Pedigree, Kibbles N Bits, ect)>Nutro>Science Diet (vet recommended)>Canidae (before they switched formulas)>Kirkland>Pedigree (jobless)>Solid Gold>Innova>Might switch to Taste of the Wild or California Natural and/or Nature's Variety Raw

Freedom
12-29-2009, 02:21 PM
I was feeding Science Diet to my cats when I adopted Sugar. She refused to touch it! So I checked with her foster mom and started using
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul.

Recently switched to Dr. Harvey's Veg to Bowl, it is a pre mix.

And I am also use the recipes in The Whole Pet Diet, by Andi Brown. They go wild here for Spot's Stew.

Indigo Bully Connection
12-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Whoooa time line for which dog lmfao!?

Jarvis= pedigree> science diet (had parvo)>pedigree>diamond high performance>diamond lamb and rice> Flint River Ranch >Nutro>Nutro Naturals> TOTW> Raw

Neela: Diamond Puppy>diamond lamb and rice> Flint River Ranch >Nutro>Nutro Naturals> TOTW> Raw

Indigo: Nutro Naturals> TOTW> Raw

Puppies: Eukanuba puppy>Raw >DVP> Blue Buffalo

I know I've missed a few foods for Jarvis and neela. I've basically tried everything under the sun

Taz_Zoee
12-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Zoee was on some crappy stuff (I don't remember what, that was almost 5 years ago) when we got her. We immediately switched to what my brother was feeding his dogs at the time and have been on it ever since.
Taggart was on Purina One while at the shelter. I kept him on that for 6 months, until he was a year old, then switched him to the Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice that we feed Zoee.
We've never had any problems with this food and we will continue to feed it to them as long as it works for them.

apbtmom76
12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
All 4 of the dogs have always been on a formula of Diamond since they were puppies, I won a bag of Solid Gold dog food at a show once and the boys ate it just fine, but that's it, Penny is the onyl one who has changed and that was to Canidae, :D

MonicanHonda
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
All three of my pups are different. Lol

Honda= When I got her they had her on Kibbles n Bits >.< Then she went to Beneful. Then she went to Nutro lamb and rice and stayed there for a good 5 or so years.

Remy= Oh geeze. Stupid person who had an accidental litter had them on the Kroger brand. >.> I don't know the exact time line of it, but basically she's been on Blue Buffalo, TOTW, Chicken Soup (Too carb and grainy, gave her UTIs and ear infections), then back to TOTW and we're staying there with her.

Delta= They had her on Eukanuba puppy, we switched to Nutro Ultra puppy. Then we switched to Blue Buffalo, then we switched to Chicken Soup, and now she is OFFICIALLY a raw fed puppy! (second day and she's doing grand!)

Husky_mom
12-29-2009, 06:01 PM
hmm.. not that many actually..

the Huskies: pedigree.. (they do amazingly well on it.. so havenīt changed that)
actually tried Exceed one.. the purple one adn they did so good but they stopped carrying it here so I went back..

Queeq: was on proplan, changed to Taste of the Wild, adn combined it a bit with Authority.. once i wasnīt able to go adn buy another TOTW bag (only in USA) so I got that one..

Roger: was on Sportmans Choice.. had a few pedigree puppy.. so i mixed those two.. will be switching to Authority.. as I got that leftover :(.. and see how he does.. I want TOTW but canīt get it here.. so Iīll try this one and maybe see what i can find here to mix it up

boomersooner
12-29-2009, 08:50 PM
We've always used a natural dog food like Diamond or Muenster....now we use Blue Buffalo, and they both seem to like it.