PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Day, Dec. 28

cassiesmom
12-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Let's eat out! What is your favorite restaurant, or cuisine, or have you ever been to a restaurant you absolutely would not go back to?

Mine are ... if money is no object, Brasserie Jo or the Capital Grille; Mexican food, homemade style (not a chain like Chi-chi's or Pepe's, there are some good traditional Mexican restaurants in Chicago); or Chinese, or Bohemian food - roast pork, bread dumplings, and sauerkraut, yeaaah!
http://www.josiesdumplings.com/images/porkroast1.jpg

mruffruff
12-29-2009, 08:23 AM
My favorite place is Golden Corral. They have excellent food at a decent price. And it's a buffet. Choose what you want, as much or little as you want for the same price. Their Awesome Pot Roast is just like Mom's:D Breakfast is especially good. They have things like quiche and will create any kind of omelete you want.

I've been staying away from Ryan's for the past six months. Their food has gone downhill from mediocre to lousy. Less variety and a really bad dessert bar.

Fortunately, Golden Corral is across town and Ryan's isn't. My waistline needs a break!:rolleyes:

Freedom
12-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Davenport's is a local restaurant (they have 2 locations, one less than a mile from me!) and they are my favorite. They had a grand spinach, grilled chicken and pecan salad over the summer. Their Wednesday special is Southwest Meat loaf, enough for 2 people. The food is fantastic! The prices are good as well.

pomtzu
12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
My favorite is Red Lobster. There used to be a wonderful place called the Blue Coat Inn, but it changed ownership and went downhill and eventually closed. It was right on a big late, and the atmosphere was awesome. It was very rustic, with wood plank floors and everything inside was done in distressed wood. The food was mainly surf or turf and was very good, altho the serving sizes were on the small side.

I hate Olive Garden, or any Italian restaurant. I won't eat Italian unless I make it, or someone I know makes it. I've had too many bad tummy reactions from the commercial Italian restaurants. :eek:

smokey the elder
12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
There's an Indian restaurant, Ruchi's, that opened over the summer which is awesome! The chef was the head chef at the Trump Taj Mahal. Indian food is yummers!

anna_66
12-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Well of course I'm going to say Red Lobster (I work there), the one I work at espceially:D
But I do love going to Texas Roadhouse for a good steak.

Cincy'sMom
12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Lucky for my wallet, my favorite restaraunts are in other states...Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney in Fl, Cocrky's (BBQ) in TN, and Emeril's (I've been to 3, 2 in FL, and 1 in Vegas).

Locally, for an expensive night out, I like J. Alexander's for Steak or Real Seafood for well, seafood!

More affordable, I like Red Lobster, Alladin's (Mediterranian), El Camino (Mexican) and Shorty's (BBQ)

RICHARD
12-29-2009, 11:07 AM
There are tons of Thai food places here in El Lay.:)

I can eat Pad Thai every other day and any fried rice dish on the days I don't eat PT. Chicken Satay with peanut sauce and the green chile vinegar?:eek::)

They are all independent places-I think a Thai food chain is what the planet needs.

Catherinedana
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Yum!! I love Chicken Satay! One of my favorite places is Thai as well, actually there are two of them: Thai Bay, which is just around the corner from me, and Thai Basil, about half a mile away.

We had a very difficult time finding good Chinese food here in FL, but we found the best place ever! It's called Ivory Mandarin Bistro and the food is comparable to NYC Chinatown food. Total YUM!

We also found a new place called Terra Mar Brazilian Steakhouse that is incredible, but you have to be feeling carnivorous!!

The best Spanish food ever I left behind in Staten Island NY at La Candela Espanola. :( Best pizza at L & B Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn, NY :(