PDA

View Full Version : Computer question

Medusa
12-26-2009, 06:59 PM
I've tried twice now to complete a Word document and just as I finished and before I could print it out, it said "abnormal program termination" and I lost everything. Would punching the monitor help? :mad:

Catty1
12-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Weird. Did you save the document before printing it?

How about this...let's set up a time to be on Facebook chat, and I can set it up to have a look at your computer remotely. There is something just funky about it.

I Googled this problem and found two things to try:

1. Here, click on Start, choose Control Panel, and then pick Add/Remove programs. Scroll down and see if something there matches what is described here:

Re: Microsoft Word abnormal termination

Mar 4th, 2005
I figured it out I got the same error go to Add/remove programs and find microsoft office works add-in (something simmlar) and remove it and reboot.

2. You've probably got a corrupted normal.dot file.

Close down all instances of Word (and any other programs which use Word plugins, such as Internet Explorer and Outlook).

Then use 'Search' on the Start menu to locate the file normal.dot (Mary - click on Search and type in normal.dot)

Rename it to normal.old then start up Word. A new normal.dot file will be created, with default settings.

I can do these things by remote too, if it sounds Greekish to you. :)

Medusa
12-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Weird. Did you save the document before printing it?

I didn't get a chance to. I was going to print it, then save it but when that happened the first time, I figured I'd do the opposite: save it first, then print it but I didn't get a chance then either.

Freedom
12-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Would punching the monitor help? :mad:

No, the monitor is innocent in this! It is only the messenger, delivering info from the computer. Kicking the tower, now that may be an option! :D

Type part, save, type part, save, this will at least get you through the one document and feel like you accomplished something.

Medusa
12-27-2009, 07:10 AM
No, the monitor is innocent in this! It is only the messenger, delivering info from the computer. Kicking the tower, now that may be an option! :D

LOL, I'll keep that in mind.