PDA

View Full Version : Sit right back and you'll hear a tale....

RICHARD
12-26-2009, 01:50 PM
A three hour tour?

Try six months of quarantine!:(

--------------------

Missing cat caught ferry

A pet cat which went missing from his home in Hampshire has turned up three days later - in Spain.

Tim and Patricia Austin frantically searched for Sandi after he failed to come home - unaware he'd hopped on a ferry to Bilbao.

They now know the ginger tom is safe and well - but he can't come home for up to six months because he's in quarantine.

The couple, from Lee-on-the-Solent, put up posters and handed out leaflets after he went missing, reports the Daily Telegraph.

But they were surprised to receive a phone call three days later saying Sandi was alive and well in Spain.

He had been discovered onboard the P&O ferry the Pride of Bilbao, on it's Saturday night sailing from nearby Portsmouth to the Spanish port.

Mr Austin, 67, said: "Him being microchipped has been absolutely key to his return - without that he would probably have been put down after they found him."

Matt Ford, from Animal Health, said: "We were the first people to call the Austins - it had been quite a traumatic time for them. They were clearly very happy and rather emotional to find that their pet was safe."

Brian Rees, P&O spokesman, said: "Since he was found he's been treated like a VIP - he's had a cabin to himself for the return journey and been dining on chicken and salmon.

"I think most of the crew have had a cuddle - they'll be sad to see him go."

---------------------------------

I love stories like this. I have to get myself 'chipped' so I can go on vacation!:D

Chicken and salmon....in six months this dudes gonna be as huge as the ship!:eek:

catmandu
12-26-2009, 04:41 PM
The Found Cats are pondering a six months vacation in Sunny Spain!!!!
That Little Cat will enjoy his hiatus, but hopefully that they will want to go home again!!!:love::love::love:

Freedom
12-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Goodness, no matter what my cats do, they will never top this!

I can't imagine how that family feels - found, but in Q for 6 months. :)