PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a piece of pie with that?

RICHARD
12-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Stabbed man orders coffee

A US man walked into a restaurant with a 5ins knife sticking in his chest and ordered a coffee.

The 52-year-old told staff in the diner in Warren, Michigan, that he was waiting for an ambulance.

Restaurant employee George Mirdita said: "It was like out of a movie. It kind of freaked us all out here.

"The customers realised it and they were all turning their heads in disgust."

Mr Mirdita said he couldn't believe how calm the man was, and that he never complained of being in any pain.

"To come in with something stuck in your chest and order a cup of coffee, and sit down... he was mingling with the guy next to him," he added.

Police said the man called 911 saying he had been stabbed - and then walked a mile to the restaurant.

He told officers he was stabbed after he refused to hand over money to a mugger.

The man was treated and police said he is expected to be fine. They are still looking for his attacker.

--------------------------

I guess he could order some pie and cut it himself?:eek::rolleyes:

Strange story, glad he is O.K....

The 911 call was pretty bizarre...this dude was cool as a cucumber!:eek:

Catty1
12-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Or in shock...I bet he had a wee meltdown some time later.

Wow.

Moesha
12-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Hmm...I wonder if he told 911 that he'd be a mile away getting some coffee when the ambulance showed up.

Catty1
12-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Moesha - actually, he did!

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091223/bc_knife_diner_091223/20091223/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
Man walks to diner with knife in chest, orders coffee

Updated: Wed Dec. 23 2009 09:05:27

The Associated Press

A man who walked into a Michigan diner with a 12.5 centimetre knife stuck in his chest ordered a coffee and complained only about the cold weather.

The 52-year-old man, who has not been identified, called a 911 operator in Warren on Sunday night to ask that an ambulance be sent to Bray's restaurant.

He said he had been stabbed during an attempted robbery, then walked about a kilometre to the restaurant and called 911 from a pay phone.

On a recording of the call, the man gives a vague description of his attacker before saying, "I'm gonna sit down at Bray's 'cause they got a chair and it's cold out here."

Restaurant employee George Mirdita tells The Detroit News the man calmly ordered coffee.

Police said Tuesday that the man is recovering.

3Catcondo
12-26-2009, 07:54 PM
What a bizarre story. I'm glad the man is going to be okay, but I cannot imagine being in a restaurant and someone walking in w/ a knife sticking out of their chest....

sparks19
12-26-2009, 08:15 PM
yeah definitely in shock. Can really have a strange effect on you.

Glad he is going to be ok. I would be FREAKING if I saw a man walk in with a knife in his chest :O

Grace
12-26-2009, 09:41 PM
The very best, most interesting cases, always walked themselves into the ER when I was working there many years ago.

We had a guy walk in who had been stabbed in the back. Knife was gone - and he drove himself to the hospital.

Usually better to leave the foreign object in the body - it might just prevent someone from exsanguinating.

pomtzu
12-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Stabbed man orders coffee

-------------------------I guess he could order some pie and cut it himself?:eek::rolleyes:

Leave it to you to come up with humor in the face of adversity. :p

I love it!!! :D

smokey the elder
12-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Adrenaline can have some very unusual effects! I'm glad he's OK. Even had the presence of mind to tell 911 where he'd be!