PDA

View Full Version : Home For Cat *UPDATE POST #40* Please Look! - I need Help with this one

Anikaca77
12-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I was told about some kittens that might be at this apartment complex so of course I went over to investigate and found a dilute tortoiseshell possibly a calico.

I've been going over their daily for a few days and spotted her again today and got a better look at her. She is very beautiful and I think she could be tame easily. I was talking to her and she didn't seem too scared but looked pregnant.

If you will open your doors to her on this Xmas, we'll catch her for you. Anyone interested please contact me. My e-mail address is [email protected] or PM me. We can help transport to anyone far away.

Please.

Thank you,
Melissa

catmandu
12-25-2009, 05:18 PM
I wish we were closer and could take her in, there is nothing sadder than a Momma Cat To Be!!:(:(:(
All we can offer is prayers that that Momma Cat will find sanctuary somewhere!!:love::love::love:
Bless you for helping :love::love::love::love:

moosmom
12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Oh Melissa, I only wish I could taken this precious girl in. I've got the dog crate she can be in and everything I need. Unfortunately, with Lucie Loo here, it would definitely be overcrowded. I'm sorry.:(:(

Anikaca77
12-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Thank you for the prays. I wish I could take her in too but right now our place is maxed out completely. I did contact a lady who I help from time to time but she doesn't have free cage space and the other shelter has a huge waiting list.

Melissa

Medusa
12-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Oh dear, a possible calico yet, my favorite. I'm sorry, Melissa. I do hope that you're able to help her.

Anikaca77
12-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh dear, a possible calico yet, my favorite. I'm sorry, Melissa. I do hope that you're able to help her.

Mary I know :) I'm working on trying to get her a home or at least a foster home for the time being.

Thank you and take care,
Melissa

Anikaca77
12-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi All-

I found someone to take her in. They don't have a lot of money to take her to the vets but I know of a place that should be able to give her $50 towards a vet visit but they won't give them $$ to have her FIV/FELV tested but I can't give her money to have her tested either because I don't have the funds but I'm going to give her some other places to call.

If anyone is wanting to help donate funds please PM me I and I'll give you my paypal address so that way I can get this money to the lady who is going to take her in.

Thank you,
Melissa

Medusa
12-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi All-

I found someone to take her in. They don't have a lot of money to take her to the vets but I know of a place that should be able to give her $50 towards a vet visit but they won't give them $$ to have her FIV/FELV tested but I can't give her money to have her tested either because I don't have the funds but I'm going to give her some other places to call.

If anyone is wanting to help donate funds please PM me I and I'll give you my paypal address so that way I can get this money to the lady who is going to take her in.

Thank you,
Melissa

Call me mean, Melissa, but this makes me rather nervous. If they can't afford vet care, they shouldn't take the cat, especially if it needs to be FIV/FELV tested. That's important. Perhaps think of homing her w/someone else?

Anikaca77
12-30-2009, 05:26 AM
Call me mean, Melissa, but this makes me rather nervous. If they can't afford vet care, they shouldn't take the cat, especially if it needs to be FIV/FELV tested. That's important. Perhaps think of homing her w/someone else?

I know Mary but I want to find her a place to go and no one is replying to my messages I put on Craigslist, Facebook, a local website, etc. I've contacted rescue organizations but no one can take her in.

I'll think about it though. I didn't get her last night and I didn't see her either, I'm not sure if the babies were already born if she is pregnant or not.

Thank you,
Melissa

Medusa
12-30-2009, 07:08 AM
I know Mary but I want to find her a place to go and no one is replying to my messages I put on Craigslist, Facebook, a local website, etc. I've contacted rescue organizations but no one can take her in.

I'll think about it though. I didn't get her last night and I didn't see her either, I'm not sure if the babies were already born if she is pregnant or not.

Thank you,
Melissa

Good luck w/the trapping. Maybe the gods will be w/us and you'll find out that she isn't pregnant after all. (We can hope, can't we?)

Anikaca77
12-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Good luck w/the trapping. Maybe the gods will be w/us and you'll find out that she isn't pregnant after all. (We can hope, can't we?)

Thanks! I do appreciate your help. I just wish I could find her a forever home. I know I've taken in cats before and I was broke too but I would always take them to my vet and she would allow me to make payments so we'll see. If I do trap her and take her to these people and their other cat's are not in good condition I won't leave her with them but then it's back outside for this girl cat because I can't afford another one and I don't have the space either.

Melissa

Medusa
12-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks! I do appreciate your help. I just wish I could find her a forever home. I know I've taken in cats before and I was broke too but I would always take them to my vet and she would allow me to make payments so we'll see. If I do trap her and take her to these people and their other cat's are not in good condition I won't leave her with them but then it's back outside for this girl cat because I can't afford another one and I don't have the space either.

Melissa

No judgments, Melissa, truly. I know how tough it is. I would've been in the same predicament w/LBK if I hadn't lucked out and found her a home. The weather is cold and icy now and even though I have a shelter set up w/a heating pad, etc., she couldn't have stayed in there 24/7. We'll pump up the volume on the prayers. Keep the faythe. :love:

Anikaca77
01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I found a foster home for this possible pregnant cat and the only bad thing is that I have to drive her out to western pa which I live in central, pa. Right now we are so tight with money as some of you might have read in the general section my husband hasn't been working the past 2 months and we have vet bills that are well over $1,200 now since having Sebastian at the vets on Wed. and then again on Thursday.

I know this time of the year and well just the time in general is bad for everyone but if anyone can help us out with transport, I'd appreciate it. I will drive to Sharon, PA (if I can put together gas money, approx. $100) to give her to a very nice lady who will foster her until she has babies and if she isn't pregnant then she will foster her and socialize her until she is ready to find a forever home.

I have a paypal account if anyone would like would like to donate. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thank you,
Melissa

Lilith Cherry
01-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi Melissa, I hope things improve for you both soon and that your own kitties are okay.

I have sent a little donation and hope maybe some others will do likewise. Good Luck!

cassiesmom
01-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi Melissa, I have sent a little donation and hope maybe some others will do likewise. Good Luck!

I have too, hoping some others will also donate.

Thanks,
elyse

Anikaca77
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Thank you for your donations.

I tried to get this girl tonight but she just wouldn't get in the trap. I'm going to try again tomorrow morning around 4 a.m.

I saw her several times though and she doesn't look pregnant yet but I'm sure if she continues to stay out there she will become.

Thank you again for the donations.
Melissa

Anikaca77
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Yesterday was a very long long day.

I got up at 4 a.m. and was outside the apartment complex by 4:10 a.m. and set up by 4:20 a.m.

I waited and waited. Around 5:15 a.m. I saw the big orange fluffy cat that didn't bother going in the trap either.

I waited some more and finally saw her. I was so hoping she would go in the trap but instead she walked around it and then ran off across the parking lot to another area and I couldn't find her.

I waited some more, I even went over to the trap and the food was frozen so I removed it and put some dry cat food down and went back to the car and waited.

She came around again but then she left. Probably around 9:45 a.m. I gave up and came home for a bit and go showered and warmed up and went back out around 11 a.m. and saw her. She was back and I really wanted to get her and I could tell she was so hungry.

She got scared when I brought the trap back and wouldn't come out. I waited till around 1 p.m. and then I left and kept going back to check on the trap till 5 p.m. and nothing. :(

I can't seem to get her or the orange one.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I tried sardins, tuna fish, dry cat food, can cat food, I covered the trap, I even put a blanket inside the trap so she wouldn't see the bottom of the cage but nothing.

I'm very frustrated and I just want her to get in the trap.

After spending all weekend out there waiting for her to come around and get in the trap I was very upset last night, I just feel like a failure. I tried so hard to get her and couldn't.

Melissa

moosmom
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Wait a couple of days. At this point another day or two isn't going to hurt. This way she'll be REAL hungry, providing no one else feeds her.

Are you covering the bottom of the trap with dry leaves or a hand towel to disguise the feel on her pads.

Good luck, Melissa!

Anikaca77
01-05-2010, 12:32 PM
True.

I just feel bad not feeding her to be honest, I went out there yesterday and she was hiding beside the pine tree waiting for food.

She so wants to come with me and I can tell but she just won't.

I put a towel down inside of the cage with the food on it so she wouldn't feel the cage but she just won't go all the way in.

I'm going to try again maybe tomorrow night.

Thanks,
Melissa

Wait a couple of days. At this point another day or two isn't going to hurt. This way she'll be REAL hungry, providing no one else feeds her.

Are you covering the bottom of the trap with dry leaves or a hand towel to disguise the feel on her pads.

Good luck, Melissa!

Lilith Cherry
01-06-2010, 06:29 AM
Good luck catching her when you try again, Melissa. You are such a lovely person to do this!

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Good luck catching her when you try again, Melissa. You are such a lovely person to do this!

Thank you for saying that. I really hope I get her too. I feel so bad for her out there in the cold but I'm not giving up just yet! :)

Medusa
01-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Thank you for saying that. I really hope I get her too. I feel so bad for her out there in the cold but I'm not giving up just yet! :)

When I was trapping and finding homes for cats, Melissa, there were some that were just as obstinate as could be. I finally managed to trap them by holding back all food, as cruel as I felt, until the 4th or 5th day and by then they were so hungry that they walked into the trap. Problem is that even though they were placed in homes, they ran away and came back to their old spot, so don't be surprised if that happens. However, if you have them altered, at least that will be one less problem to deal with. There's one cat, old Tom, that I never was able to trap. He was just too darned crafty and I felt bad about it b/c that boy needed to be neutered! Sometimes it just doesn't work, honey, and we have to comfort ourselves w/knowing that we tried our best and hardest. It's tough, though, when the weather is so brutally cold. We feel that they should be eager for warmth and food and shelter but they're so used to being feral and running free that a new life is just too frightening for them.

Anikaca77
01-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Well I tried again last night, I tried Wednesday night too but she wasn't around and my back was killing me so I didn't stay too long.

I went back last night though and saw her. She is so cute. I want to trap her so badly. So I put some fresh sardines in the trap and got back into my car and parked in a different spot.

I saw her go into the trap to get some of the food but then she backed out and wouldn't go back in.

I went over and she stayed nearby and watched me put more food in the trap and then I went back to my car and she started pushing the trap around (I only have a little trap, that's all I could borrow) and she got some of the food.

She's a smart little devil. I went back to the trap and moved it back to where I had it and tried to call her out but she wouldn't move.

After a while of siting there I saw the orange fluffy cat again walk past my car on the left side and he started to head towards the trap that I had set up and I knew she was nearby and as soon as he got close enough she took off from under the trees across the parking lot.

She must be scared of him. Poor girl. So I waited a little while to see if she'd come back but she didn't so I gave up for last night.

I'm going to try again tonight if I can.

Melissa

Tora Oni
01-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Well what I think would do is maybe do a trail sometimes I don't know about cats but they have to have some will power so try Cod Liver Oil to lace on the sardines or something. Its smell is strong, and I used it to cover up pill taste. Another idea is trail the food into the cage, I'm sure you tried this but hey I think I should mention it at least, she may forget about her worries once she starts getting a taste of that food.

I also might try dangling a mouse toy preferably a realistic maybe even rabbit fur fresh one, no other cat scent on it. Just another desperate attempt to lure the girl in.

Anikaca77
01-16-2010, 08:30 AM
I FINALLY GOT HER LAST NIGHT :)!!!!!!!

Last night I set out the trap with sardines in the trap and I waited and waited and got her.

This was very different than any other time though that I've trapped cats. I didn't know that I even got her till I drove my car past the trap and saw her siting in the trap and she didn't freak or anything until I walked up to her and then she freaked a little bit but now she's calm and in my bathroom.

I took some pictures of her and I will post them a little later but right now we are getting ready to drive to Sharon, PA and give her to this very nice lady who is going to foster her and then will find her a forever home.

She is so cute and so pretty.

This morning around 4:30 a.m. I woke up to my husband saying the bathroom door was wide open, we are not sure how that happened but she is in a cage right now so I wasn't too worried but I still didn't want anyone coming in contact with her without know if she is FIV/FELV combo tested although we trapped a bunch of cats from that same area who tested negative.

So back to the bathroom issue, when I went into the bathroom Ashley, our tortie who doesn't like new cats or some of our cats that why we have to keep her in the bedroom with only the cats she likes, well she was sitting on top of the girls cage. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was so weird.

I took her off though and shut the bathroom door.

This sweet girl cat did let me pet her although she is very scared right now but by this evening I'm sure she will be so happy and warm.

Thank you all for your donation and prays and I'm so glad this worked out.

Melissa

Medusa
01-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Oh how wonderful, Melissa! I'm so glad to hear that she'll soon be in a permanent home. Yay! And kudos to you, girl! :D

moosmom
01-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Great job, Melissa!!!

That is wonderful that she's not feral. Poor little girl. Are you sure it's a girl? I rescued a tortie one time and it turned out to be male.:eek:

Never say never! Again, great job, girl!!

catmandu
01-16-2010, 09:51 AM
From a Rescued Momma cat to another.:love::love:
You are one Lucky Cat and thanks to a Kind Hearted Pet Talker Lady , you are going to a Great Furr Ever Home!!!:love::love::love:
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/meowies2842.jpg
God Bless You Melissa!!
:love::love::love:

Lilith Cherry
01-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh I am so happy that you managed to get her! Have a safe trip to Sharon and home again:D

phesina
01-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Well done, Melissa and little tortie! And thank you for caring about her and seeing that she will go to a good home.

katladyd
01-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Nothing makes my heart glow warmer than a little kitty rescued and given a home!:love: Thank you, thank you, thank you for not giving up!:)

krazyaboutkatz
01-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I'm so glad to hear that you were finally able to trap her.:) Have a safe trip and I hope that she'll be able to find a new loving forever home.:)

Pinot's Mom
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Great job! You are wonderful for doing this! Good luck little kitty!!:love:

Anikaca77
01-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi All-

I figured I'd better do a small update. My husband and I left around 10 a.m. to go to Sharon, PA and we got there around 1:30 p.m.

It was a semi-sad trip for me, (some of you know I'm taking a lupron injection which puts you through a menopause like state) so I had some moments of crying, I was happy knowing she will always be warm but sad too that I could not take her in and make sure she gets the best home possible, which at times I feel it would be with us so we know she will never be outside again.

I know this was for the best though. This lady though that took her will do wonders with her I believe. She was so nice and her house was very well kept for having 30 cats and all of them were very friendly and they wanted held and loved on.

I wanted to take one back with me but of course we couldn't. I will try to post pictures later tonight if I can.

Melissa

columbine
01-18-2010, 07:24 PM
A thousand thousand blessings on you for helping this little one!

Love, Columbine

phesina
01-18-2010, 07:43 PM
That is just fantastic. God bless you and your husband.

Thank you.
Pat

Anikaca77
01-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks! The lady e-mailed me and said she still can't get close to her, I hope soon and in time she will calm down enough. I know she must be so scared.

Melissa

GILL
01-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Bless you Melissa. Sorry I took so long comput problems. I am so glad tha tyo got her and have her in a safe home. She looks like a real sweety that will come around fast.

moosmom
01-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Melissa,

GREAT JOB!!!!

You never cease to amaze me, girl. Thank you for giving this girl a furrrever home. I truly understand what you're going through, both with the cat and the "menopausal" state. Not fun. Take comfort in knowing you did the right thing.

Another happy ending!! Gotta love it!

Anikaca77
02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Well I just got this message from Johnnie who has this sweet little girl:

To: Melissa

yes, she is still afraid of me. i do have a nice place for her to got when the weather breaks. it is a real nice horse farm. johnnie

Feb 17, 2010 10:02:58 AM, Melissa wrote:

Johnnie-

I was just checking to see if you were able to get her fixed?

Thanks,
melissa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:03:23 -0600
Subject: Re: RE: cat

I still can't get near here. Hope to get her spayed one the Feb 6.

Johnnie

===============================================

I sent her this e-mail back:

Johnnie-

If I find her an indoor home could she go there instead? How much time frame do I have? I'm just afraid that if we put her back outside she might try to find her way back here.

I've heard of cats doing that and she seemed pretty good with me.

Melissa

I'm just so scared that she is going to be outside and all I wanted for her was to be an indoor cat with loving people.

Can anyone here take her in and foster her till I find a more perm. home??

Please.

Melissa

Anikaca77
02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
I just realized that I didn't post any pics of her. Well here she is. Can anyone take her in and give her a warm place to stay?

Melissa

(This was taken the night that I trapped her and she cut her nose on the trap, poor girl)