PDA

View Full Version : So what did you get for Christmas?

luvofallhorses
12-25-2009, 07:24 AM
From my brother - Celine Dion perfume and body lotion, a nice fleece robe and it came with slippers.

From my parents - a nice necklace from my mom and a little one that says mother/daughter on it we just have to find a nice chain for it, a gift card for Mcdonalds, a pajama shirt, a nice sweater and a shirt to go under it, shoes I asked for..

From my co-worker I got Marshmallow Cream, Candy-cane hot cocoa (my favorite) and a coffee cup you can take anywhere. I got Marshmallow Creme to put in my hot cocoa and it's so good!

From my boss

(the lady who runs the shelter where I work) I got a nice Christmasy throw pillow, a utterly lovable dogs book, some chocolate, peppermint rush chapstick, a energizing fragance thing I have to figure that out, french vanilla hot cocoa, a collar charm for our puppy we adopted that says pure mutt, a cute cat stationary set, a magnetic notepad with reindeer on it, a nice wolf shirt, some candy canes, some treats for my cats and dogs, etc.

So what did you all get for Christmas? :cool:

Kirsten
12-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Great gifts! :)

I got Marshmallow Creme to put in my hot cocoa and it's so good!

Sounds wonderful! :D

Well, I had already gotten my biggest gift in advance - a Canon EOS 450D from my parents (it was a combined birthday and Christmas gift)

But as a surprise, I also got three cans of vegetarian spread yesterday, and wrapped around the cans were 50 Euro - for which I ordered a new watch and an mp3 player this morning. :)

From my sister and BIL, I got a new coffee machine, and a cleaning tool for my camera.

And my landlord brought a basket full of food and chocolate. :)

Kirsten

aTailOf2Kitties
12-25-2009, 09:30 AM
did Christmas with the in-laws last night:
Blu-ray player and G-Force disc
couple pairs of sweatpants
tons of gift cards
very nice cat carrier

Supposed to meet up with my parents a little later this morning

moosmom
12-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Treated badly.

Suki Wingy
12-25-2009, 10:19 AM
My main gift was half of my plane ticket to Wales paid for.
I also got Regina Spektor's newest CD, Far, and a leather-like jacket.

Later I'm going to my grandparents and I may get a few other things from the extended family.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Treated badly.
Donna you DO NOT deserve to be treated badly. Especially today. I am so sorry things are not the way they should be.... I understand.:(
Merry Christmas :love:

We have not started the gifts yet... but I will let you all know later!;)

Cookiebaker
12-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Merry Christmas, everybody. Donna, I'm sorry you are having a sad Christmas :( That makes my heart so sad for you. :( {{HUGS}}

We had a fun Christmas morning....Christmas is so amazing with a toddler in the house. :)

Christmas socks
Slippers
the coolest pajamas EVER (they are footed with bunny rabbit feet :D)
3 CDS - Michael W Smith, Casting Crowns, and Diamond Rio
Sandra Boynton desk calendar for next year
Earrings
Laptop battery (I'm FREE again! lol :D)
A Kitchen Aid 12 piece knife set...so amazing!

neko1
12-25-2009, 01:19 PM
From mom:
Slippers and cash!

From Hector:
A Keurig machine
Diamond Bracelet
2 diamond key necklaces
Ring engraved with 'love you always':love:

Grace
12-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Treated badly.

What about that generous check from your brother?

Alysser
12-25-2009, 02:10 PM
From Friends:
-A really big polar bear stuffed animal and shower/bath essentials
-Star Trek 2010 Calendar
-Star Trek Snuggie :p

From my Family, Mikey, and My hermits, the tribbles, and the USS enterprise(don't ask my sister put that on the present tags):
-5 sweatshirts
-Really cute sneakers
-Star Trek DVD
-The book "When Elephants Weep"
-A pair of skinny jeans
-A Kodak camera, I love it, minus the hardware problems. I needed a new one because my other one broke(sorta).
-Lotions, soap, hand sanitizer, and rubber duckies for my collection lol
-"Shrek the Musical" T-shirt
-"Bodies: expostion" t-shirt
-2 button up shirts from Pacsun
-New work out clothes
-$10 giftcard Bath and Body works
-A DS game
-A Star Trek watch, it's so cool.
-A trip to Boston and Providence - leaving tomorrow to the 28th. ;)

I got a bit spoiled..:o

Husky_mom
12-25-2009, 02:27 PM
actually pretty nice.. hehe

from in ILŽs: got two knee long sweaters..

parents: sunglasses (I just had smashed mine :p), a leopard print blouse,a key charm, some nail decor, a facial cleaning cream..

hubby: still to see.. weŽll meet by new year or so :(

me: several knick knacks.. a leopard skinny tie, a pair of boots, several clothes (unwrapped hehe)

aaaaaand.....

this :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/Husky_mom/Imagen114.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/Husky_mom/Imagen118.jpg

davidpizzica
12-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Donna is doing better. I talked on the phone with her today and she's in better spirits.

pomtzu
12-25-2009, 04:29 PM
aaaaaand.....

The pics are a little dark and hard to distinguish, but is it one of those black fuzzy things like on the right hand side of my siggy pic????? :p

Alysser
12-25-2009, 05:05 PM

parents: sunglasses (I just had smashed mine :p), a leopard print blouse,a key charm, some nail decor, a facial cleaning cream..

me: several knick knacks.. a leopard skinny tie, a pair of boots, several clothes (unwrapped hehe)

aaaaaand.....

I want to hear this story...now!

Husky_mom
12-25-2009, 05:06 PM
The pics are a little dark and hard to distinguish, but is it one of those black fuzzy things like on the right hand side of my siggy pic????? :p

;) hehe.. well yeah.. kind of.. haha.. he just isnŽt as fluffy.. but anyway heŽs cute and has me occupied the lil whirlwind

carole
12-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Had an awesome xmas day, my son and his partner Amber came down for the day, we had a lovely xmas buffet lunch at home,and spent some real quality time together , my parents coming over in the afternoon, watched some old Videos of the kids when they were young and had a great laugh or two.

Scott and Melissa bought us the wonderful outdoor swing couch i wanted so much, have been out there today swinging on it with hubby,really enjoying it.

pomtzu
12-25-2009, 06:13 PM
;) hehe.. well yeah.. kind of.. haha.. he just isnŽt as fluffy.. but anyway heŽs cute and has me occupied the lil whirlwind

Ah-ha - I thought so. Those ears and fuzzy face in the top pic gave it away.

Congratulations!!

But how did he come by the name of Roger????? :confused:

CountryWolf07
12-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Workout clothes, Pat Catan's (art/crafts store) gift certificate, Starbucks coffee traveler cup and gift certificate, sweater, sterling ring and heart necklace (which I LOVE), Cleveland Browns t-shirt, Nikon camera bag to carry around my camera, $100 from the grandparents, Ohio State Rose Bowl 2010 ornament.. although the best present was from my boyfriend, PHIL VASSAR tickets for the House of Blues in January!

Pinot's Mom
12-25-2009, 08:42 PM

aaaaaand.....

AHEM!! STORY, PLEASE!!:confused:

AllAmericanPUP
12-25-2009, 09:06 PM
a pair of jeans, an electric mixer, an iced tea maker, a dog photo frame and 2 gift cards.

seriously had a wonderful Christmas but wish the parents could have made it home

catnapper
12-25-2009, 09:13 PM
From hubby: A half-installed kitchen! :D complete with sore back, neck, and arm muscles :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/halfdone.jpg

for reference, it looked like this last week
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/kitchen-withcats.jpg

From our parents: a couple gift certificates to Lowes & Home Depot! :cool:
From my daughter: Applebees gift cert --- YUM!

And my favorite gift:
A VERY happy little boy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/firstbike.jpg

cassiesmom
12-25-2009, 09:47 PM
From my sister, who had me in the family secret Santa: really pretty earrings
From my mom and dad, a Straight No Chaser CD :) and a very nice sweater for work :D

Catlady711
12-25-2009, 11:29 PM
From dad
16gb flash drive for hubby & me. Those will come in handy!

From family (hubby & mom)

Paraffin wax spa bath with wax
Star trek trilogy dvd's
Stargate season 6 dvd's
Dances w/ wolves dvd
new slippers (much needed)
new housecoat (much needed)
blank dvd's for computer w/ cases
new flashlight (much needed)
gloves
digital target for white balance & exposure setting
8gb of memory for my camera (very much needed)
4gb of memory for my point and shoot camera
various attatchments for my light stands (photo stuff)
a bunch of chocolate
new antenna ball for my car (much needed)
post it notes

For the cats we got them:

2 window hammocks
a bed shaped like a mushroom (only smaller cats can fit in it though)
a new fleece pad for carrier bottom

given early but still a Christmas present:
heated cat bed

IRescue452
12-26-2009, 12:10 AM
My girlfriend made me a plaid cape with the words "Super Dyke" on back with a rainbow drawstring. I'd joked one day that I needed a plaid cape. She also gave me a t-shirt, a case of green tea gingerale and some candy and little things. She gave my dogs and ferret each a toy.

Her mother gave me a LESportsac purse with penguins.

Her sister gave me an ICP cd and Graffiti Bridge dvd.

Her dad gave me a Trudell truckers' cap.

My mother gave me a candle, 300 cell phone minutes, and $40.

My grandmother gave me a snowman figure and $20 gas card.

Suki Wingy
12-26-2009, 12:15 AM
PHIL VASSAR tickets for the House of Blues in January!
Oh I've seen him in concert, it was REALLY fun! His band is really cool.

My girlfriend made me a plaid cape with the words "Super Dyke" on back with a rainbow drawstring.
lol that's pretty epic! :D

CountryWolf07
12-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Oh I've seen him in concert, it was REALLY fun! His band is really cool.

I know! :) I've seen him twice, but the last time I saw him was in 2004, it has been a while! What's so cute is that when I heard his song on the radio over the past weekend, I mentioned to him how I loved that song and it was by Phil Vassar, and he had this smile, the "Oh, really?" type of smile, and I just had a feeling I figured out his Christmas gift to me. ;) It's going to be a great night, I'm very excited.

What I really like is that the concert is on the date of our third anniversary as a couple. (Although he likes to insist that our anniversary is actually on the day we 'met')

Suki Wingy
12-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Lucky you! I braved a NASCAR race just to see him! (Ok, so the race was fun too. :P)

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2009, 12:38 AM
From My Parents:
25$ gift certificate to J.C. Penny's
check for $300- since they didn't buy me anything and they didn't really know what I wanted

From My Brother & SIL In Texas:
$25 gift certificate to Petsmart
a "T" Christmas ornament with fake diamonds in it

From My Work Christmas Party:
$25 gift certificate to Jamba Juice

From My Roommate:
2 funny cat books:
"More Stuff On My Cat"
"Scaredy Cats"

*LabLoverKEB*
12-26-2009, 02:02 AM
From dad:
Garmin GPS system for my car
Cowboy boots;)
Saddle seat covers for my car from Cabela's
A dog barrier for the back of my car from Cabela's
From both:
New cell phone
Black Lab glass ornament (it's a x-mas tree ornament, but I love it so I am going to keep it on my bookshelf year-round):love:
Black Lab socks
Desktop calendar
A cool book my mom got in Europe that has stories about different dogs, really neat

cloverfdx
12-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Mum: Paid $100 off Tinny's Vet bill last month when she had to be knocked out to get a grass seed deep out of her ear. Thanks Ma :).

ETA: Ohhh and a new MP3 player.

Bestest friends ever :love: : Pandora bracelett and two charms, a dog one and a fish one. I absoloutly love it :D.

Pop: $$$s, which will come in handy for NYE/ New Years weekend.

I bought myself the new Stephen King book, cannot wait to start on it. And will be buying myself a kitten next year possibly ;).

Pinot's Mom
12-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Tickets to "Phantom of the Opera" at the Hippodrome! :D:D ....from Pinot, of course, but she may have had some help...;)

Medusa
12-26-2009, 10:56 AM

aaaaaand.....

CUTEST. FACE. EVER. :love:

cali
12-26-2009, 04:27 PM
from my dad and step-mom:
a new digi cam and memory card and a scarf

from my mom:
she is paying for part of my new glasses

from my brother:
a gift car to a book store

from my grandparents:
knitted socks

from my BFF and her BF:
a ticket to the next years craven country jamboree

from my dog:
a $250 vet bill

Medusa
12-26-2009, 04:30 PM
from my dog:
a $250 vet bill

Sounds like your dog and my cats "shop" at the same place. ;)

Prairie Purrs
12-26-2009, 05:33 PM
My family must think I'm getting old--I got a heating pad and a back massage cushion. :p Also Bluetooth headphones, salsas from Frontera Grill in Chicago (yum!), some kitchen do-dads, and a 7" rainshower shower head that I already love to pieces. Maybe I really am getting old if a good soaking shower makes me so happy! :D

Medusa
12-26-2009, 05:51 PM
My family must think I'm getting old--I got a heating pad and a back massage cushion. :p Also Bluetooth headphones, salsas from Frontera Grill in Chicago (yum!), some kitchen do-dads, and a 7" rainshower shower head that I already love to pieces. Maybe I really am getting old if a good soaking shower makes me so happy! :D

That's hilarious, Penny! My son is trying to keep me young so he got me a Wii. Oy vey. :p

sparks19
12-26-2009, 06:15 PM
I got a nice scarf, hat and mittens set from my aunt Sandy. it's VERY soft. and I was just saying to Brian that I needed some gloves for driving on cold mornings. and she also gave us her "old" mixer as she got a new one for Christmas and knows I don't have one so she gave it to us. I say "old" it's not old at all LOL. maybe a couple of years old but it's in perfect working condition and looks new. very excited about that.

Hubby and I decided we weren't really going to buy much for each other this year and spend it on Hannah instead :) but we ended up getting ourselves a Wii and I got a book "I, Alex Cross" the latest in the alex cross series from james Patterson. I just finished the last book so now I can start this brand new one WOOHOO That was from hannah :)

my dad is getting us a brand new knife set... I just need to go out and pick out a set :)

and from his parents we got a new electric skillet, a new bed set, I got some great pants and tops, some fuzzy socks, and some stocking stuffers like a really cool emery board... it's four sided and has 8 different types of emery boards on it. very neat.

and a cute little coin purse with a doggie on it from my sister in law :)

pomtzu
12-26-2009, 06:38 PM
There really wasn't anything in particular that I asked for, but this is what I got

A decorator pillow with "Grandma" and a poem about grandmothers on it. That was from my granddaughter - and it brought me to tears!
A beautiful matching necklace and bracelet from a dear friend. :p
A neck wrap that you heat in the microwave.
Several pair of fuzzy, warm socks.
Soft and fuzzy lounge pants.
A sweatshirt with a lighthouse and flowers on it.
A lighthouse tree ornament.
A lighthouse figurine that is also a perpetual calendar.
A solar powered lighthouse that will be awesome on my front porch (if we ever see enough sun to charge it).
Assorted candy.
A VISA gift card.
A purple wireless mouse. Yay - and that's the only thing I had asked for!

You may have gotten the idea that I like lighthouses!:)

jennielynn1970
12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
All of my presents were given to me before Christmas..

From Dave:
I got a pair of Frye boot clogs (which I love... they look like engineer boots but are clogs!)

I got ventless gas logs for my fireplace, and my favorite...

I got an Electra Betty Cruiser 3sp. bicycle. It's soooo cool!!!! It's black with pink and silver flames on it, a pink and black leather seat, and black leather tassels hanging from the handle bars! :D

From my mom and dad I got a chest freezer for my kitchen. It's practical, and I needed it.

Moesha
12-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I love, love, love that bicycle. I've been searching for what seems like forever for the perfect beach cruiser bike. I want coaster brakes though. And since I'm only 5'1", I need a 24" instead of a 26". It has been very hard to find one. I did buy a PT Cruiser bike a few years back, but I couldn't stand it. It was too big and I hated the hand brakes. I love yours though.

Husky_mom
12-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I posted a diff thread about Roger in order to not hijack this one ;)...

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2220993#post2220993

jennielynn1970
12-26-2009, 07:36 PM
I love, love, love that bicycle. I've been searching for what seems like forever for the perfect beach cruiser bike. I want coaster brakes though. And since I'm only 5'1", I need a 24" instead of a 26". It has been very hard to find one. I did buy a PT Cruiser bike a few years back, but I couldn't stand it. It was too big and I hated the hand brakes. I love yours though.

It does have coaster brakes! I was so excited!!!

Check on Craigslist. That's where we found this one. It was NOT full price!!!

boomersooner
12-26-2009, 09:00 PM
We had a nice Christmas, too. In both families, we drew names for the first time, and it was nice. So, I got money, gift cards, and picture frames. Our camera broke, so Mike and I bought a new SLR camera for each other. Our main gift for all of the family, though was our sweet Sooner, our new English Springer Spaniel puppy. We also had the first white Christmas in all of my 48 years.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/sdburch/SoonerDecember2009035-1.jpg

K9karen
12-26-2009, 10:04 PM
From John:A foldable laptop computer table that I can use while sitting up in bed.

From my brother: money
From my niece and family: Gift cert. to The Cheesecake Factory.

But, to me, the best gifts were the compliments for the gifts John and I gave to his grandkids, sons and DIL's. The adults are hard to buy for, they like to pick out their own stuff. (:rolleyes:) But everything was perfect! They called me 2x. No exchanges this time. That thrilled me since we really gave everything a lot of thought.

I love giving gifts, especially if I get it right!

I still go through the "I miss my parents" crying spell every holiday.

All your gifts sound super!

Queen of Poop
12-27-2009, 07:14 AM
I was fortunate enough to receive from my parents:
A purple scarf
2 pair of fluffy socks
a package of dish towels
4 bath towels
a package of face cloths
a light blue sweater

Cali and Diego received from my parents:
2 packages of Whiskas Temptations

I gave my dad a weather station. My mom a blue long sleeve tshirt, scarf that I crocheted, framed photo (that I took) of a blue jay in their fir trees all covered with snow and a full size umbrella.

davidpizzica
12-27-2009, 05:21 PM
I haven't received my big present yet. I'm waiting for Donna to ship me her old laptop computer, and a RAZR cellphone. Donna is great!

TamanduaGirl
12-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Was given some money to get what I want so bought books in a series I was reading though spent more than I was given to get the rest of the series. I got a cup for Pua and a scented candle. I got some flowers. My brother gave me a watch. A gift card for JC penny(not here yet) and one other gift that hasn't made it yet.

anna_66
12-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Sound like everyone got some great gifts this year.

Here's what I got:

From parents:a purse I'd been wanting and a bottle of Hypnotic Poision

Co-workers:home interiors candle-bath and body works gift set-foot stuff from Avon-some nice warm fuzzy socks

Niece and Nephew:Yankee Candle Set-digital picture key chain

From Mark:a power blender (similar to bullet blender)-bath and body works (yummy gingersnap!)-a gift card to the local day spa

From a good friend: special tickets at the NASCAR race to meet some of the drivers-it was a great early present!

From a box of frozen popcorn shrimp eaten on Christmas eve night-food poisoning

It did not make for a very a Merry Christmas:rolleyes:
Good thing we didn't plan on going any where:p

Genny
12-27-2009, 09:54 PM
From my mom & dad & Santa LOL~clothes, purses, perfume, cd, stuff to re-decorate my bathroom, shoes, socks, make-up, wii, 2 games for the wii, posters, ring, necklace, earrings.
my little brother got me a stuffed reindeer that sings the song 'grandma got run over by a reindeer' a necklace and earrings and an alarm clock
my older brother got me a stuffed alabama elephant and some britney spears perfume
my uncle and grandparents all gave me money
and then i got cards from several people...

KYS
12-27-2009, 09:57 PM
anna_66: From a box of frozen popcorn shrimp eaten on Christmas eve night-food poisoning It did not make for a very a Merry Christmas:rolleyes:
Good thing we didn't plan on going any where:p>>>>>>>>>

Poor Anna,
You must have been so miserable. :(
I had an upset stomach, but from indulging in to many sweets.

I was a good girl this year and got a beautiful ring from my BF.
The family drew names and my neice gave me a Macy's gift card.
I got a snuggle blanket and funny looking gigantic socks too.
AND CANDY, Rice crispie treats, Frosted Brownies and I washed them
all down with egg nog. Now you see why I had an upset stomach. :p

orangemm
12-28-2009, 05:22 PM
The funniest gift I received was a set of two scented candles from Binky. My husband said that they are to be used when he does the "big stinky"!!:D:D

Pembroke_Corgi
12-28-2009, 10:50 PM
The best gift I got was my mom coming to visit for 10 days! We also went on the cog railway up Pikes Peak again this year, and went to the Botanic Gardens light show. Both were really fun! :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM
The funniest gift I received was a set of two scented candles from Binky. My husband said that they are to be used when he does the "big stinky"!!:D:D
LOL Your husband has a great sense of humor.:D

orangemm
12-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Yes, he does! I laughed like crazy when he gave them to me.:D:D:D

But they're needed...when Binky "goes", he can clear out a room!