PDA

View Full Version : Aren't you getting dressed?

catnapper
12-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm standing in the livingroom, folding clothes, waiting for hubby to get dressed for tonight's family function. He comes up to me and asks, "Aren't you getting dressed?" :eek:

He doesn't understand why I whipped my head around and looked at him like he just gave me the biggest insult EVER. I am wearing navy blue slacks, a red turtleneck sweater with a blue and red Christmas sweater (complete with tacky reindeer :p) I think -- THOUGHT -- I looked nice!

Taz_Zoee
12-24-2009, 03:43 PM
:rolleyes: Men!

What you described sounds nice to me. I hope you enjoy your family function anyway. ;)

joycenalex
12-24-2009, 03:49 PM
you do look nice, men don't understand christmas sweater thing. have a good party dear

lizbud
12-24-2009, 05:42 PM
:rolleyes: Men!

What you described sounds nice to me. I hope you enjoy your family function anyway. ;)

Amen.:) I'll bet he never understands why he is in the doghouse either.:rolleyes:

catnapper
12-24-2009, 06:32 PM
hee hee hee.... thanks! His family thought I looked very nice and complimented me :)

Hubby must not be feeling right toight because he opened his mouth again! :p

We were in his sister's kitchen and I asked if they had any iced tea. They completely forgot I don't drink anything except tea. But hubby stood there and kept trying to push other liquids on me while his family went on to other things... Coke, Sprite, Orange juice.... til he shoved a cup in my hand and directed me to pour water from the fridge. I finally said exasperated, "I ONLY want tea!" and that turned me into the big brat of the night :rolleyes:

I was hoping that I could just slip out for the bottle of tea I left in the car "just in case", and let the whole tea thing drop. But nooooo... it became a big drama because hubby wanted to coax me into drinking something I don't drink.

The Christmas Eve Tea Fiasco of 2009 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The funny thing is even Cameron knows I don't drink anything else. He told Grandpop that in the midst of everything :p

Marigold2
12-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Someone deserves coal in their socking. The next time hubby complains about the way you look say to him "well honey maybe you can take me shopping for some new cloths :p, that would be so sweet of you)
As for the drink thing, I would just accept it and then throw it down the drain when no one is looking.

Tora Oni
12-24-2009, 11:47 PM
You could tell him your not thirsty. :D That might work. Oh my the clothing thing my dad asked my mom something along those lines once. Its best to role it off as him being senile. Men aren't really aware of their surroundings as they like to think, they may know the big picture but they don't pay attention to details. I simply lay it on the lines that I'm not a child and if I am thirsty I will simply take care of myself. Is your husband afraid of dehydration because if that seriously is an issue than I can't blame him.

catnapper
12-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Me? Dehydrated? Oh, thats a majorly funny concept. I drink at least (3) 32 ounce cups of tea at work a day. More at home. I drink tea because its zero calories, but has taste. I drink it with no sugar. I drink it because it has become habit over the years to wash down the lovely post nasal drip that's become a daily annoyance.

So when I asked to have a tea at my sister in laws house, it was merely because everybody else was running around with a drink. How do you explain not being thirsty when you just asked for a drink? I was hoping they'd point me to the drink table and leave me alone... like I always do when people don't have tea. I was NOT counting on hubby playing waiter.

This morning, while opening Cameron's gifts, we needed scissors to free several trucks from their boxes. I opened mine, and hubby asked me to toss the scissors to him. I handed them to my daughter and asked her to hand them to her dad. Hubby said, "Yeah, last night you would have loved to throw them at me!" :eek: :p I'll take that as the cloest thing to an appology as I'll get. :rolleyes: