PDA

View Full Version : Amber, may you RIP.

jenluckenbach
12-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Amber has gone to a joyful reunion with her old cat buddies and new friends at the rainbow bridge.

I remember back, 13 years ago, when we had just adopted her from the local shelter, she got sick, REALLY sick. I tried and tried so hard to get her to eat for me. She was losing weight and I cried that I was going to lose her. She was 6 to 8 months old and down to 3 pounds. She spent Thanksgiving 1996 in the hospital. But she made it!

She was Charlie's buddy. And she'll be missed.

A few photos.

In Jan 2009
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Amber1-2009.jpg

Watching over Charlie, as she did every night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Amber/AmberDaddysGirl.jpg

5 years ago, when she was in her prime!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Amber/Amber12-4-04.jpg

Good bye Amber, we love you.

katladyd
12-24-2009, 12:51 PM
You know she will still be watching over Charlie every night. That's her job and she can do it just as well, maybe even better, from the Bridge.:love:

apbtmom76
12-24-2009, 12:52 PM
RIP Amber run free at the Bridge.

To AMber's mom my condolences, I am sorry for your loss

Taz_Zoee
12-24-2009, 12:57 PM
RIP Amber. You will be greatly missed by many. Several who never got to meet you in person.
I hope you will come to watch over Charlie each night as you did before.

Hugs to you Jen and Charlie too.

jennielynn1970
12-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Dear Amber, sweet girl, watch over your cat dad, Charlie, and feel all better and healthy at the Bridge.

Hugs to Jen and Charlie....

kb2yjx
12-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Jen, I am so sad to read about Amber! I really like the photo of her and your husband!!! Sleep softly, sweet Amber.....

Indigo Bully Connection
12-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about amber. I was reading about your struggles with her in the other thread last night. I'll keep ya'll in my prayers. She's comfortable now, and she will wait for your turn to join her. :(

phesina
12-24-2009, 01:21 PM
What a beautiful girl! Rest in peace, dearest Amber, you are greatly loved and grieved.

Jen and Charlie, I am so very sorry.

pomtzu
12-24-2009, 01:31 PM
RIP Amber. A candle burns for you - to guide you on your journey to The Bridge. :love:

Prairie Purrs
12-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm so sorry that Amber had to go. She obviously loved you and Charlie very much.

Sweet Amber, it's your first day as a guardian angel. I know you'll do your job well.

Queen of Poop
12-24-2009, 02:11 PM
So sorry for your loss.

slick
12-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Sweet Amber:
May your eyes sparkle once more, may your worn out body become whole again, and may your spirit be renewed. RIP little one. Your time on earth has come to an end yet you will never leave your hooman purrents. Sleep softly little one.:love:

{{{hugs}}} to Charlie and Jen:love::love:

catmandu
12-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Jen and Charles we are so sorry to hear about Dear Amber.
I know how special that she was to Charles, his heart Cat who was always with him and was his shadow for those many years.
My Precious was the same , wherever I went she would come running, rasping her tiny news.
You did well by Amber giving her all those iyears of love, and being one of the luckiest Cats in the USA , a Luckenbach Cat.
Amber will be first in line at Our PetMas Festival and will eat her fill and then she will be where her heart yearns to be at her Papies side.
And she will find a special place where Her Pawpie, Meowmie and All her Cat Companions will love when its their time to be together again.
One Fine Day.

Freedom
12-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Jen and Charlie - Amber had a wonderful life with you and all your crew. Now it is time for her to watch over you from a different angle, but watch over you, she will.

Hugs to both of you. I know this past few weeks has been very difficult.

Moesha
12-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm so sorry that you're without your precious Amber right now. She did her job to the very best of her ability. Charlie was always safe when sleeping. She will be greatly missed. That's for sure.

Barbara
12-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Amber has been sleeping on Charlie's shoulder just like Tigris used to sleep one Siegmar's shoulder.
This is very very sad.

Pinot's Mom
12-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Sleep well, sweet Amber, peace to your family.:love:

ChrisH
12-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Jen and Charlie, I read with sorrow that the time had come for Amber to leave you. I know you will miss her so. {{hugs}}

Rest in peace now dear Amber.

Catty1
12-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Jen, you and Charlie will always have your love for Amber in your hearts; she'll always be a part of you. Amber, till you meet your dear humans again - you are healthy and will watch over them with love.

Cataholic
12-24-2009, 09:17 PM
I am so very sorry to hear
Amber is gone. May the 13 years of memories bring you some comfort in time.

luvofallhorses
12-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm so sorry. :( RIP beautiful Amber. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Jen & Charlie, I'm so sorry for your loss.:( I'm sure that Amber will continue to watch over Charlie and now she's pain free and able to run and play again up at the Bridge. RIP sweet Amber.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Killearn Kitties
12-25-2009, 04:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that it was Amber's time to go.

Rest easy sweet Amber. You were greatly loved and will never be forgotten.

Medusa
12-25-2009, 07:08 AM
The last thing I say before I leave the house is "Puddy, watch the house for Mommy" b/c she was always such a tough girl. Then I added Pidgie to the list b/c she was such a guardian. Now you can say "Amber, watch over Dad for Mommy" but I'm sure we don't even have to say that. They know. They did their jobs well and even from the Bridge, I know that they still do. Amber was painfully sweet and my heart aches for you and Charlie, Jen. May she rest in peace and may peace soon come to your hearts as well. :love:

Kirsten
12-25-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm very sorry to read about Amber's passing! What a gorgeous girl she was! I'm glad she had 13 wunderful years with you!

R.I.P. beautiful girl!

Kirsten

momtomany
12-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Rest in peace sweet Amber. I know that you will be watching over your family from the Bridge.

rosethecopycat
12-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Rest now Amber, magnificent lady.

Wait for all your family at the Rainbow Bridge, at the Grand Reunion.

What a day that will be.....

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Aw, Jen, I'm so sorry! :( :love:

Amber, sweetie, you will be missed so very very much. Please keep an eye on your loved ones from the Bridge. :love::love:

smokey the elder
12-28-2009, 07:24 AM
I'm so sorry about Amber.

jazzcat
12-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Jen, I'm so sorry. It just breaks my heart.

There have been too many losses this year. :(

Rest in Peace sweet Amber. You will be missed.

Vermontcat
12-28-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Amber has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.:(
Sending hugs your way.

Anikaca77
01-12-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Amber. My prays.

Melissa

phesina
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
What a beautiful girl! Rest in peace, dearest Aspen, you are greatly loved amd grieved.

Jen and Charlie, I am so very sorry.

I was looking over Amber's memorial thread today and just now discovered that I had written her name as "Aspen." I don't know how I came to make that mistake, but I am so very sorry.

I immediately corrected it, and now I apologize for such thoughtlessness, even if it wasn't intentional. I've always been something of a scatterbrain, and it seems to be getting much worse as I get older. I am appalled to think of whatever pain I have caused a Pet Talk couple I like and respect very much.

Let me try this again, Jen and Charlie. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved AMBER. She is a beautiful, lovely girl, and you must miss and grieve her so much. She is whole and happy now, watching over Charlie as always and looking forward to welcoming you both home.

My deepest condolences to you and your kitty family.

Love from Pat

prechrswife
01-13-2010, 08:16 AM
So sorry for your loss...:(

trayi52
01-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Jenn, I am so sorry to hear that Amber has passed. We all know that now she will feel no pain, and we also know that she had a very good life with you.
May you rest in peace sweet Amber.

Willie:(