PDA

View Full Version : Adopted after 19 years

Catty1
12-24-2009, 10:18 AM
I read the story in A Second Chance, and clicked on this link. :love:

http://www.thedailytail.com/nonfiction/home-at-last-%E2%80%94-cat-adopted-after-19-years/

Grace
12-24-2009, 10:30 AM
I read about Cash on the Best Friends site - just goes to show that dreams do come true :love:

katladyd
12-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Bless her heart for adopting a senior citizen! I want to do something like that whenever it is time to get another furkid! If I ever won the lottery, I would probably open my own, no kill, shelter. That would be putting the money to good use, wouldn't it?

catmandu
12-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Thats wonderful that Cash can spend his Golden Years in a good Furrever:love::love: Home where he can be pampered and his special needs seen to.
I adopted Dear Old Smokey:love: :love: when he was at least 17, and to our delight , he was with us almost 7 years and was never ever a problem, and was so good with the Younger Cats.:love::love:
Its been so long since Smokey:love::love: passed on, but I still traesure his memory.
I pray Cash has a lot more time than his new family expects too and that they are pleasantly suprised too.:love::love:

jennielynn1970
12-24-2009, 02:52 PM
That was a great story! I'm so glad Cash got to have a forever home. I have an FIV kitty too, and fostered many of them. They are just as deserving of a home as any other cat.

Congrats to Cash and to his new family!

Medusa
12-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Bless, bless and bless this person for giving Cash some love and comfort in his late years. This story gave me LES big time! :love:

catmandu
12-25-2009, 09:51 AM
The thing about Smokey :cool::cool:was that he was so happy at the slightest favors, he would purr in pleasure when his dish was filled or his water dish replenished.
And he would cry in happiness at a Whiskas Temptation or a slice of meat or cheese!!!:love::love:
And the Younger Cats at the time like Moose, Micheal and Joseph would curl on him and keep him warm.:):):)
I sure miss Old Smokey and pray that we are united.
One Fine Day:love::love::love:

Killearn Kitties
12-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Just wonderful. :love::love::love:

momtomany
12-27-2009, 06:55 PM
My neice adopted an 18 year old cat from a shelter where she lives. I am not sure how "Miss Maggie" ended up there but she went to look for a cat and didn't find one. She couldn't get Miss Maggie off her mind and went and got her the next morning. She is a healthy happy cat who has the run of the house.