PDA

View Full Version : New here

chicken-lady
12-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Hello. My name is Susan and my husband and I have several cats and a small flock of hens. We had a lovely dog named Fred but he passed away 2 years ago.I have been lurking here for a while and enjoy reading and looking at the photos.

We have several wonderful cats,both outdoors and indoors :Brownie who is 2 years old. Skinny Minnie who just turned 10,Barney 6 years old, and our 33 year old son's cat Megosh who is about 5 years old. She was feral and when he moved back home a couple of years ago after some personal problems left him very depressed, she started coming out of the woods and going near him. took a while, but she is now his pet and an indoor kitty very sweet.

We have several outdoor cats that were dumped in our driveway which is 600 feet away from the main drag and looks like a dirt road. We have the striped brothers Huey Dewy and louie, Big Bubba, a massive white tom cat that appeared 4 years ago and loves to sing,a little deaf white cat we call cricket,and her son who can hear and my husband named little Crape'. We are on a strict income I have to take several expensive medicines for my Asthma and Rheumatoid arthritis,but we have managed to get all but Big Bubba fixed. Not sure how old he is and as he weighs over 20 pounds and is still skittish around us. Hopefully we will be able to get him to the vets one day.

They get along well with each other and the chickens boss them around quite a bit. Especially Esmeralda who is the top hen in the flock!

Fred was very good with the cats. Bubba and sometimes Barney when he would go outside would sleep with him in the dog house.

We enjoy our furbabies and they make us laugh and that is a good thing.

astrid
12-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Susan!!! Welcome to PT, it's so nice to meet you!!!
As you've seen this is the coolest place where you can read and share stories from all of our fukids -and feathered too :D

I hope you stay in touch and tell us all about your cats (and chickens) and maybe eventually share photos of them!!!

From Central America let me send you a warm welcome to PT and my best wishes on this Christmas for you and your family :)

Big hugs!!!

Pinot's Mom
12-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Welcome, Susan, it's nice to meet you and your crew! Pictures??

Husky_mom
12-23-2009, 09:27 PM
welcome!!.. you sure have an interesting bunch.. and I bet many would love to see them.. the furry and the feathered.. we have many chicken lovers/owners here too ;)

chicken-lady
12-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Thank you for your warm wecome. Here is a picture of our Barney relaxing!The black and white kitty above him is our skinny minnie.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/stitcha/Picture1161.jpg

Karen
12-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

Husky_mom
12-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Oh my!!.. someone´s asking for urgent bellyrubs.. hehe.. so cute.. both of them

Moesha
12-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the forum! We're very glad that you decided to join us and not just lurk. Look forward to hearing more about you and your crew.

Catty1
12-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Could Barney be any more relaxed??? :D Give that tummy some rubs for me!:love:

katladyd
12-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome! You have come to a very good place filled with wonderful people and their pets!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Welcome to PT!!!:D I'm sure you'll love it here.:)

orangemm
12-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Welcome, Susan!

I had to look to see where you're from because I am smack-dab in the middle of chicken country on the eastern shore of MD.

What a wonderful fur and feather family you have! Love the piks!! You sure have one relaxed kitty there!

Hope you enjoy the holidays with your family...all of them!

Good luck with Bubba...................;)

Medusa
12-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. You've come to the right place for encouragement, comfort, knowledge and friendship. Great pix of your kitties, thank you. Have a wonderful and blessed holiday. :)

Anikaca77
12-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :)

This place is wonderful and very helpful.

I look foward to see more pics of all your kitties.

Thank you for helping all of them out.

Melissa

GILL
12-24-2009, 11:14 AM
And a BIG WELCOME from the CREW

kb2yjx
12-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Nice to meet you Susan!!!

catmandu
12-24-2009, 02:44 PM
My Found Cats are curious about your Chickens Susan and sent over some of your Chickens for dinner;);)
They are used to Chickens coming broasted with fries not alive and clucking!:p:pThat would certainly be a new experience with Esmerelad giving them a lesson in Hen-Fu:):)
Welcome to Pet Talk from All Our Found Cats , Porch Cats , Rescued Cats and Our Awesome Angels and we know that you will love it here , its such a Great Place to Be!!!!:love::love::love::love:

Freedom
12-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Skinnie Minnie is CU-UTE! Barney, well, he seems a bit stressed, huh? NOT! :D

Nice to have you with us!

jennielynn1970
12-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! We definitely need more stories and more pics of your kitties and chickens.

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Welcome to PT!! :love: You will soon find this place very addictive :D

sasvermont
12-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi Susan,

Welcome to Pet Talk. Where are your photos of your pets?

Just kidding....but we do like photos here!

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Sas and her campers!!

momcat
12-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Sorry for the late post. Welcome to PT! I'm very happy to have you with us. Like the others, I look forward to hearing about your kitties and your chickens. I'm owned by 8 year old Groucho, a black and white kitty who rules around here. When it comes to anything pet, there's no better place.