PDA

View Full Version : Sinfully Delicious

sparks19
12-23-2009, 05:24 PM
OMG... I just made a batch of peanut butter balls. Now these are made with peanut butter, marshmellow cream and rice crispies. THEN I went and dipped them in chocolate.

Oh SO bad for you but so delicious it's almost sinful :D

only this time of year can you get away with this hahaha

anyone else done any yummy baking ?

pomtzu
12-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I made pumpkin bread today, and tomorrow I'll do 3 pies - mincemeat, apple, and pumpkin.

That's pretty boring compared to chocolate covered peanut butter balls. :(

caseysmom
12-23-2009, 06:33 PM
I have been making these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are amazing, I think I got the recipe on here from Karen. I plan on using white chocolate chips tonight or tomorrow night when I make them.

My daughter got her wisdom teeth out so I am also cooking a lot of soups.

happylabs
12-23-2009, 06:38 PM
May I have that recipe for the PB Balls? Sounds yummy!

I have not baked anything yet, however, I had a cookie someone else made that may possibly have been the best cookie I ever ate! The cookie was similar to that of a chocolate chip cookie without the chips but WITH a mini Snickers bar baked inside. It was just awesome.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Everything sounds so yummy!

I made chocolate peanut butter bars (taste like a Reese's only better), white chocolate fudge, and peppermint popcorn. Justin, Nathan, and I sampled it, but then gave it away.

Tomorrow Nathan and I are going to make and decorate some Christmas cookies.

KYS
12-23-2009, 06:48 PM
peanut butter balls, pumkin bread, oatmeal choco. cookies.
Now that I am drooling..
I never had peanut butter balls. I love rice-krispies and peanut butter and choc.

Christmas day, my bf and I will be baking brownies and rice crispie treats.
Then we will wash it down with egg nog. :)

CountryWolf07
12-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I just made a batch of Buckeyes the other day for my boyfriend's family's christmas eve party tonight.. :) YUM!

Cincy'sMom
12-24-2009, 04:09 PM
The peanut butter balls sound terrific!

Today I made some choclate chip raspberry bars. It is a new recipe I found...hope they are good!

Genny
12-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Those peanut butter things sound delicious!!!! I think I'm gonna try makin some!! I LOVE peanut butter!!!!!!!

lizbud
12-24-2009, 05:48 PM
I haven't done any baking this Holiday, but number 1 on my Christmas
wish list is a box of Ghiradelli chocolate. Delicious.:)

anna_66
12-27-2009, 09:45 PM
The only "baking" I did was to make Chocolate Coverd Oreos-ohhh so yummy!
I'd love to have your recipe for the peanut butter balls if I could. They do sound sinful!

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I did some baking at my parents house on Christmas Eve and I made snowballs which are also called pecan balls. They're so yummy you can't eat just one. They have a lot of butter in them with flour, pecans, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. When they come out of the oven you also roll them in more powdered sugar. The peaut butter balls also sound wonderful.:)

sparks19
12-27-2009, 11:59 PM
sorry for the delay :D here is the recipe for the peanut butter balls :)

1 cup peanut butter

1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme

1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

4 teaspoons shortening

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and marshmallow creme; add cereal and stir until well coated.

In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.

Roll cereal mixture into 1-in. balls; dip in chocolate. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate until set.

Lilith Cherry
12-28-2009, 12:15 AM
OOh they sound delicious, Sparks, but I will have to wait until I go back to Canada to try them as only one of the ingredients is available in China (peanut butter):(

Still I brought lots of baking stuff back with me to use in my toaster oven (lol).

I made nanaimo bars, date squares, mince pies, shortbread, chocolate chip cookies, and fudge brownies plus I made a big Christmas fruit cake in the summer in Canada and brought that along with me! I am inundated with students who want to see what we do at Christmas ( an excuse to come and sample all the above) It is fun and as I can't share it all with my own family, they share it instead!:D