PDA

View Full Version : Disaster!!! Biscotti crisis update!!!

jennielynn1970
12-23-2009, 01:38 PM
I just have to tell you guys what a great experience I've had with this store, and their customer service reps.

I decided to make home made biscotti for christmas gifts for friends and family this year, and needed containers to put them in. Well, online BB&B have these great cracker jars that I'm not able to find in my local store. They're not expensive (like $4.00 or so each), and look perfect for cookies and such.

My first order arrived and I must not be a great judge of size, because 32oz was way too small. I take them back to the store, they gladly take them off my hands and I order new jars, 64oz, from the Beyond Store located in the store (I'm guessing it's the online catalog division as well as the bridal area). They decline shipping charges, and expedite the shipment. This is great!

I'm a big fan of tracking online, so I was tracking my shipment, which originated in Nevada, and around Kentucky it stopped. Hmmmmmm.... so I wait half a day, check back, and it's being returned to Nevada because some klutz with UPS dropped it. At this point, I'm in panic mode!! No jars, what will I do??? I can't give my biscotti in freezer bags!! So I frantically dial the Bed Bath and Beyond customer service line and get a great associate who was more than willing to calm me down and work with me, lol. He pulled up the tracking info, talked to his supervisor, and they shipped out a new set of jars, as we spoke, again expediting them for even quicker delivery than before! AND AT NO COST TO ME!!

So, here I am today, trying to track the order, but it has CCC in front of the order not BBB or BBS, and I can't track! I'm frantic again, lol (Boy that Abilify needs to be upped!). So, I call the customer service line, they check the shipment for me, and it's supposed to be here today by 3pm. Even if it's after 3pm, I don't care, lol. If it's today, I'm a happy camper.

So... I just had to sing the praises of the Bed Bath and Beyond store associates and let you all know to shop there more often. They have never been anything other than nice to me on other occassions, but these past 2 have been above and BEYOND!

Freedom
12-23-2009, 02:06 PM
I had read the first bit on Facebook. Didn't know about the 2d lot which got dropped OMGOSH you must have freaked out when you see it leave Kentucky going the WRONG WAY! LOL

I am marking my 2010 calendar to notify you to order your gift jars: IN SEPTEMBER! :D

kitten645
12-23-2009, 06:38 PM
That's so nice to hear something positive about retail. Usually the unhappy customers are quick to pipe in but the truely well served ones forget the good experience right away! Thanks for sharing! Happy Christmas!

moosmom
12-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Please, relate your positive experience to corporate BB&B, will ya? They LOVE hearing positive feedback. I've been with them for 5 years and the only time I ever hear anything is negative. They WANT you to tell them about your experience.

Thanks!!!

jennielynn1970
12-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I hate FedEx. Can I say that now???

I've been watching tracking and all that, it says the jars are in Allentown, but now they won't be delivered until MONDAY!!!!! Apparently they hit bad weather all the way across the journey to here so they are not scheduled to be delivered until monday.

We don't have bad weather here. In fact it's sun shiney and nice.

What the heck?????

I am so frustrated right now, I can't even describe it. I just bit off Dave's head cause he was talking to me as I was talking to the FedEx associate... I wanted to hear her and he started talking so I yelled at him. :( Argh. I know he's just trying to help, but gosh.... this is just getting me more and more upset.

MONDAY. I can't believe this. Tomorrow is Christmas. Not Monday. Now what do I do??? I can't give out my biscotti in freezer bags, that's just not cool or nice. :(:(

pomtzu
12-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Can't find anything at one of the local dollar stores???

Celebrate Christmas on Monday????

Karen
12-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Jenn, don't panic. Go to the grocery store, pick up a roll of waxed paper, a stack of paper plated, and some colored Saran wrap - green or red, or any color. Grab a festive roll of ribbon.

Then I can walk you through festive, but food safe packaging for your biscotti!

1. Lay out a 3-foot long piece of the colored wrap. Now cross it with another.

2. In the center, place a couple paper plates one or two, depending on how sturdy they are.

3. Stack cookies on the plate.

4. Cut a square of waxed paper, fold and cut out a big "snowflake," place it over the top of the cookies.

5. Gather first one layer of the plastic wrap to the middle, then the other.

6. Tie the gathered ends with the festive ribbon - any color that contrasts with the plastic wrap will do.

7. Trim the plastic wrap off with scissors if there's too much, an inch or so above the ribbon is plenty.

8. Curl the ends of the ribbon.

9. Tie on a tag with another ribbon and curl those ribbons. Done!

Cookiebaker
12-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Hubby works for FedEx, and he got notificiations this morning that ALOT of shipments are delayed because of severe weather. Not a very good of the year to be backlogged in shipments! :(

jennielynn1970
12-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Ok, deep breath. I'm calming down.

Dave, being the sweetheart that he is, and hating to see me so overwhelmed, voluntarily went out into the chaos and is now looking for jars for me for the biscotti. Can I say that this man is a keeper??? He puts up with me, lol, and my moods, and still has the stamina to go out and do this for me.

I do have to admit that I would never want to be a FedEx or UPS or DHL driver or any mail person on the holidays. I think people would just drive me to the brink and I'd never make it back.

I was very courteous on the phone with FedEx and BB&B, and waited until I hung up to have my melt down. I can never take it out on the person who is just the messenger of the bad news, it's not fair.

Taz_Zoee
12-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh man, sorry to hear about those darn jars Jennie. And Dave is a keeper, definitely!! :D
I liked the idea Karen gave too. I will keep this in mind for my brownies. :)

jennielynn1970
12-26-2009, 06:49 PM
How typical is this???

The jars arrived TODAY.

They were returned today as well. lol.

Oh, and at walmart, they were $1. cheaper!! Same company too. Next time I'll know to shop around.

Husky_mom
12-26-2009, 07:06 PM
I´m glad it all worked ok afterall the rolelrcoaster.. phew.. i would freak out too..

actually.. I´m still waiting for my Christmas presents to arrive :rolleyes:.. so one other than my kid got presents from me.. good thing it´s family so.. they understand :)