PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Thursday #348!

RICHARD
12-23-2009, 07:28 AM
I know that everyone always pops into the 'bar' when things get slow for the Holidays.

I am opening up early and thought a little free form Thursday would be fun!

Please make yourselves at home and I will pop in to serve and take care of everyone, as ususal.

I am making biscuits and gravy.....and tea!

DONE!

pomtzu
12-23-2009, 07:36 AM
I could give you a hand with some pumpkin bread. I'm getting ready to pop a couple in the oven in a few minutes. ;)

Catherinedana
12-23-2009, 08:45 AM
I think we should do something special for the PT kids. How about homemade dog biscuits, tuna cassarole, birdie bread and assorted tidbits to make them feel festive and loved?

And I'll take some a'them biscuits and gravy!!

Pinot's Mom
12-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Cooking doesn't start until I get home from work - my father comes in from Florida today and we're cookin' up some dirty rice with ham and shrimp! Yum! :)

pomtzu
12-23-2009, 09:32 AM
I think we should do something special for the PT kids. How about homemade dog biscuits, tuna cassarole, birdie bread and assorted tidbits to make them feel festive and loved?

And I'll take some a'them biscuits and gravy!!

Hey Cathy - I beat you to it. Last year I made homemade "Pea-Mutt Butter Dog Cookies" for my two, and ended up giving a few for friend's dogs. Boy - did I start something there. This year I ended up making 2 double batches - for my pups, and back by popular demand for other pups. I don't want to have to make another till next year. :eek:

Cinder & Smoke
12-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Last year I made homemade "Pea-Mutt Butter Dog Cookies" for my two,
and ended up giving a few for friend's dogs.
Boy - did I start something there. :eek:

:)

I think we need to see a Recipe!

;)

lvpets2002
12-23-2009, 09:50 AM
:eek: Did someone say Dirty Rice & Shrimp.. We will load up & be right there.. Yum Yum Yes Orc you can come too.. Who has the Santa Hat for Orc?? :D
Cooking doesn't start until I get home from work - my father comes in from Florida today and we're cookin' up some dirty rice with ham and shrimp! Yum! :)

pomtzu
12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
:)

I think we need to see a Recipe!

;)

Here ya' go - really simple!

Pea-Mutt Butter Dog Cookies
Recipe from "The Doggy Bone Cookbook" by Michele Bledsoe.

2 tbl corn oil
1/2C creamy peanut butter
1C water
1C whole wheat flour
2C white flour

Combine: oil, peanut butter, water

Add: flour, 1 cup at a time. Knead into firm dough. Roll to 1/4" thick (I do it a little thinner). Cut with cookie cutter. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes. I go on the low side of that for the most part.

I tried to find a dog bone cookie cutter but couldn't, so I picked up Christmas shapes mini size cookie cutters at Walmart. Using the mini cutters makes a lot, and they are a nice bite size for dogs.

Now all you doggie parents - get baking! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-23-2009, 01:07 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE!!! :D

Been having thunderstorms here but under a winter storm watch starting tomorrow. We are to get any thing from flurries to 10 inches of snow starting tomorrow through Christmas day. It depends on which weather man you listen too. I'm voting for flurries if I must have anything. :D

Could I just have a plate of Christmas goodies: banana bread, fruit cake, cookies, just whatever you have on hand. A cherry vanilla coke to wash it down. Oh, and 4 catnip teas for 4 kitties who hope Santa overlooks their, um, mis-deeds, and brings them treats anyway. :D

RICHARD
12-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Could I just have a plate of Christmas goodies: banana bread, fruit cake, cookies, just whatever you have on hand. A cherry vanilla coke to wash it down. Oh, and 4 catnip teas for 4 kitties who hope Santa overlooks their, um, mis-deeds, and brings them treats anyway. :D

This fat man must make sure all the kittehs have something!

Four cat nip toddies, a CVC and a plate of goodies!

DONE!

Mien Gott!
Last night it was too windy to make a fire. So, I am prepared! I busted and rustled up the wood we'll need until tomorrow morning!

Pom,
LOL, Those cookies sound good to me!

I'll help with the pumpkin bread too!

DONE!

LP,
THe ORC's Santa hat is on the nail just inside the lost and found......:eek:

I'll get it?

DONE!

PM,
Hope all your cooking goes well!
I love the panic that goes into preparing meals.

DONE!

CD,

Roll up your sleeves!

Gotta get the treats for the little ones!

DONE!

catland
12-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Can I get a hot buttered rum?

and a Merry Christmas Eve Eve too.:D

RedHedd
12-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Merry Xmas Eve-eve to y'all too! LONG time no see - just been BIZZY! I have a vat o' TJ's 17-bean soup on the stove - there's more than enuff for eberbody!

It's also National Candy Cane Day too - so candy canes are on the house - the gingerbread house, of course! ;)

RICHARD
12-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Merry Xmas Eve-eve to y'all too! LONG time no see - just been BIZZY! I have a vat o' TJ's 17-bean soup on the stove - there's more than enuff for eberbody!

It's also National Candy Cane Day too - so candy canes are on the house - the gingerbread house, of course! ;)

LOL, I was thinking about you this morning. Really!

Catland,

Of course you can!

One Hot Buttered Rum!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Looks like we may be in for a wild and wooly Christmas. They have already updated the winter storm watch for tomorrow to a Warning! :eek: Near blizzard conditions.

White Christmas? BAH HUMBUG!!! :( :D

RICHARD
12-23-2009, 06:07 PM
white christmas? Bah humbug!!! :( :d

done?:)

KYS
12-23-2009, 06:52 PM
I'll bring the Egg Nog.

Merry Christmas and Have A Happy Safe Holiday!

RICHARD
12-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I'll bring the Egg Nog.

Merry Christmas and Have A Happy Safe Holiday!

I got some bourbon!!!!:D

Let's party.:cool:

slick
12-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Did someone say party??? Wish I could - have to work tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I got some good news at the doctor's today. One of my diabetes meds that I take twice a day can be cut down to only once a day. :) This weight loss thing really is working.

I'll take a white rum and eggnog please. :)

RICHARD
12-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Did someone say party??? Wish I could - have to work tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I got some good news at the doctor's today. One of my diabetes meds that I take twice a day can be cut down to only once a day. :) This weight loss thing really is working.

I'll take a white rum and eggnog please. :)

Did he cut you off of the Black Russians?:confused:;)

White rum and nog?

DONE!:D

Queen of Poop
12-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Done work now till Jan 4. Got off at noon today. Had a real weepy afternoon but I'm over it now. Would really, really like a baileys over ice please and thank you. Maybe a warm blanket too, or another log on the fire. It's -19oC out and I'm still FREEZING!

Karen
12-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Awww, come on over to the couch by the fire, Lady girl is here, and she is a good snuggler and like a fur-covered heating pad.

I'll bring some Christmas cookies - little cookie press-formed green Christmas trees, some toll house, and some chocolate crackles, which look festive as they are darkly chocolate with powered sugar on the outside ...

Can I have some eggnog, please? Straight up, no icky booze snuck into it!

Queen of Poop
12-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Thank you Lady. You're so nice and warm.

Cookies, yummmy. Thanks Karen.

Pinot's Mom
12-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I got some bourbon!!!!:D

Let's party.:cool:

Whew, sorry I'm late - family in town and more dropping in, you know...

Orc, get my Daddy another bourbon, please, and while you're at it, the gang from Texas would like another helping of dirty rice with shrimp and ham.:)

Myself, I'd like a splash of red wine and some Christmas cookies - thanks!:D

I don't know how my schedule's going to go, so if I don't get a chance to say this, y'all mean a great deal to me and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!!:)

RICHARD
12-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Awww, come on over to the couch by the fire, Lady girl is here, and she is a good snuggler and like a fur-covered heating pad.

I'll bring some Christmas cookies - little cookie press-formed green Christmas trees, some toll house, and some chocolate crackles, which look festive as they are darkly chocolate with powered sugar on the outside ...

Can I have some eggnog, please? Straight up, no icky booze snuck into it!

Icky Booze, Who makes it?;)

I was watching the food channel and they were showing how to make home made nog...:D

QoP,

A Bailey's over ice.......

DONE...How far down does that thermometer go?:eek:

cassiesmom
12-23-2009, 10:21 PM
It's 31F and raining in Chicago ... could I have coffee, please? No, wait, I'd, better have decaf.

RICHARD
12-23-2009, 10:29 PM
It's 31F and raining in Chicago ... could I have coffee, please? No, wait, I'd, better have decaf.

One decaf and better weather?

DONE!:)

Karen
12-23-2009, 10:32 PM

Egads, sounds like a recipe for a wicked ice storm, stay in and stay safe, okay?

Lady's Human
12-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Weee fish ewe a mare egrets moose wee fish ewe a mare egrets moose wee fish ewe a mare egrets moose panda hippo gnu deer!

Karen
12-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Weee fish ewe a mare egrets moose wee fish ewe a mare egrets moose wee fish ewe a mare egrets moose panda hippo gnu deer!

Wow, did you figger that one out all by yourself? Very animalful!

Lady's Human
12-23-2009, 11:37 PM
It's on my coffee cup, silly!

Cinder & Smoke
12-23-2009, 11:52 PM
It's on my coffee cup, silly!

"Too Shay!"

;)

Queen of Poop
12-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Icky Booze, Who makes it?;)

I was watching the food channel and they were showing how to make home made nog...:D

QoP,

A Bailey's over ice.......

DONE...How far down does that thermometer go?:eek:

It's down at -20oC this morning, with a wind chill of -24oC.

RICHARD
12-24-2009, 06:53 AM
It's down at -20oC this morning, with a wind chill of -24oC.

I cannot imagine. It hurts thinking about it.:eek:

Catherinedana
12-24-2009, 07:44 AM
. . . and a Christmas hug for Richard . . .for running Thursdays so perfectly!

davidpizzica
12-24-2009, 08:21 AM
RICHARD, could I have a BIG cup of coffee with Bailey's in it? The Christmas weather for Cabot calls for black ice in the morning with an inch of rain in the afternoon! I wanted s WHITE Christmas, not a WET Christmas!

Pinot's Mom
12-24-2009, 08:58 AM
{{{Christmas hugs}}} for everybody!! I'm not going to be on much this weekend so I'll buy a round for the house, a toast to a happy and healthy and blessed Christmas!! Enjoy everyone!:D:love:

Catherinedana
12-24-2009, 10:21 AM
{{{Christmas hugs}}} for everybody!! I'm not going to be on much this weekend so I'll buy a round for the house, a toast to a happy and healthy and blessed Christmas!! Enjoy everyone!:D:love:

Thank you!!! Hugs are the best presents ever!!! Even cyber hugs!! Hope your holiday is wonderful!

Merry Merry Merry to everyone!!

Much love,
Cathy and the FLock :love: :love: :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Our winter storm warning has started. It's been raining all morning. Now the temp is dropping. It's 37 with a wind chill of 27. Should change to freezing rain and sleet soon, then heavy blowing snow later. :p
I WANT SPRING!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Going to bake some cookies in a bit. Mint choco chip. I'll share!!! :love:

pomtzu
12-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Our winter storm warning has started. It's been raining all morning. Now the temp is dropping. It's 37 with a wind chill of 27. Should change to freezing rain and sleet soon, then heavy blowing snow later. :p
I WANT SPRING!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Going to bake some cookies in a bit. Mint choco chip. I'll share!!! :love:

We had it last weekend. Now it's your turn. :D

But we lucked out. We get to have a white Christmas with a lot of snow on the ground - but the roads had a chance to be cleared. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2009, 04:13 PM
We had it last weekend. Now it's your turn. :D

But we lucked out. We get to have a white Christmas with a lot of snow on the ground - but the roads had a chance to be cleared. :p

But I don't WANT a turn!!! :( :D

My biggest problem is getting the sidewalks cleared. I have trouble doing it myself and have no one to help me any longer. :(
If I fall, I can't get up unless I can get to some place I can use pull myself up. I may have to stay inside until spring. :(

We are having freezing rain and sleet right now.

joycenalex
12-24-2009, 04:20 PM
richard, may i have a prosecco and cranberry juice, a poinsettia. i'm writing thank you notes for gifts today

pomtzu
12-24-2009, 05:08 PM
But I don't WANT a turn!!! :( :D

My biggest problem is getting the sidewalks cleared. I have trouble doing it myself and have no one to help me any longer. :(
If I fall, I can't get up unless I can get to some place I can use pull myself up. I may have to stay inside until spring. :(

We are having freezing rain and sleet right now.

Stay in - stay put - and stay safe!!!!!
I'm in the country - no sidewalks - just a driveway 100' long! :eek: That was a job for son and grandson. I still haven't gone anywhere. The farthest I've ventured out since the snow, was to the garage today to get some things out of the big freezer. Two out of 3 cars have been out, but not mine! Maybe next week.

Merry Christmas!

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2009, 06:00 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS THURSDAYS! *HUGS* to all of you my friends. You have touched my life in so many ways, I can't thank you enough :love:

Thank you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to me!

RICHARD
12-25-2009, 02:02 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS THURSDAYS! *HUGS* to all of you my friends. You have touched my life in so many ways, I can't thank you enough :love:

Thank you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to me!

Thanks to you and everyone else for being great patrons!:)

Pom,

Yes, hunker down everyone!

JNA,

One Prosecco and CBJ!

Do people still write thank you cards?;)

DONE!

MOFF is making cookies!

DONE!

CD,

Thanks and right back at you!

PM,
Be careful out there!

DONE!

David,

Sorry I took so long...

Coffee and Bailey's?

DONE!

davidpizzica
12-25-2009, 02:23 PM
That all right, RICHARD! Better late than never!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Yep, we got lots and lots and lots of snow last night. Cookies and hot chocolate are on tap today!!! We will share.

Also have some yummy treats for the critters! :D

RICHARD
12-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Yep, we got lots and lots and lots of snow last night. Cookies and hot chocolate are on tap today!!! We will share.

Also have some yummy treats for the critters! :D

Done!:)

Pinot's Mom
12-25-2009, 08:35 PM
richard, may i have a prosecco and cranberry juice, a poinsettia. i'm writing thank you notes for gifts today

Oddly enough, there's prosecco in my 'fridge - I'll send it over!:)

I'm right there with you DJ - you, and all the crew on Thursdays, have meant the world to me! Merry and blessed Christmas to all!:love::D

Karen
12-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I have some leftover Christmas cookies - little green (butter cookie) trees with red sparkly sugar "decorations" and a star on top, and some humble tollhouse cookies, everyone can share!

My side of the family doesn't gather for Christmas until January 3rd, so I still have most of my shopping still to do, intentionally!

RICHARD
12-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I am looking at some apple cider-it comes in the packages so I can't be too proud of that fact.....

Anyone?

I am willing to share too!:D

I am making some onion soup hamburgers, a pot of flavored rice and a simple green salad for lunch.

Pull up a chair.....

-----------

I just finished breakling up some wood for the fireplace too!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Pulling up a chair ..... :D

RICHARD
12-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Pulling up a chair ..... :D

Watch out for the Edster.

He has 'his spot' in front of the fireplace all mapped out.:confused::rolleyes:;)

Cinder & Smoke
12-26-2009, 02:31 PM
I am making some onion soup hamburgers ...

:confused:
"onion . soup . hamburger" ...

Care to draw a word picture of that?
Izzit a bowl & spoon or a bun & fingers creation?

Moesha
12-26-2009, 02:35 PM
My guess is a regular looking hamburger made with an onion soup packet thingie.

slick
12-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Onion soop hamburger..... Ingredients must be ground beef, 1 package dry onion soop mix and some other stuff. It's really quite good. Say what you want about dry soop mixes but they do have their uses besides soop.....yes, I write soop and not soup.

Well my Christmas day was the worst in our family's history. On one hand it was good to see my two nieces in one room together and catch up on their busy lives but our Christmas evening included slamming doors, screams of "shut up!!", tears, and dinner plates left half uneaten. At one point my Mom and I were the only ones left at the table quietly enjoying our turkey and stuffing. The others were spread all over the house in tears.

As it was we didn't sit down to dinner until 9pm and with all the drama that happened half way through the dinner, we didn't finish dessert until midnight. After dropping Mom off, I got home at 1am and was so wound up that I didn't get to sleep until well after 2am. Clearly it was the worst evening I've ever had with my family. Next year, I think I'll take a page out of my brother's book and fly away to some exotic place for the winter :rolleyes: or better yet, maybe I'll take a trip to Pacioma, CA. ;)

So bartenter please slide on down an ice cold beer and one of your burgers. Many thanks.

Queen of Poop
12-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Slick, I hope to have my own house by next Christmas and will be looking to fill it with friends for the holidays, you and Max are welcome to visit here. But it will probably be colder than you'd care to enjoy.

I'm going to make a hot cranberry/apple cider drink. Anyone want one?

Karen
12-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Sounds yummy - and hazardous to me in real life, so I'll take one here! :)

Queen of Poop
12-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Here you go Karen, careful it's really hot.

Karen
12-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks, miss the tang of cranberry juice, but it was the allergy on the last blood test I was given that literally went off the chart!

Sunny, but damp and warmish here today, still a good cup of chai would hit the spot!

RICHARD
12-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks, miss the tang of cranberry juice, but it was the allergy on the last blood test I was given that literally went off the chart!

Sunny, but damp and warmish here today, still a good cup of chai would hit the spot!

A late cup of tea for you!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
12-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Well, good morning everyone!! Is there still some heat on that fire? It's COLD here today and REALLY WINDY!! Some hot cappucino and a bagel would do the trick - when my husband and I get home today the house is ours again. All relatives hit the road yesterday and today...wonderful to have everyone, but nice to get back to normal, too.:) Pull up a chair, y'all!

RICHARD
12-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Well, good morning everyone!! Is there still some heat on that fire? It's COLD here today and REALLY WINDY!! Some hot cappucino and a bagel would do the trick - when my husband and I get home today the house is ours again. All relatives hit the road yesterday and today...wonderful to have everyone, but nice to get back to normal, too.:) Pull up a chair, y'all!

One cappucino -I always laugh when I hear people order that cup, I think of the monkey!;)- and a bagel....done!

Yes, the fire has burned low, but I will get it going in no time!:)

Queen of Poop
12-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Going to need that fire going for the next few days. The deep cold is set to return this afternoon. Instead of the temp rising today it is falling. Where it was -4 earlier it is now -9. Snow coming for the next few days.

To go with that rip roaring fire, do we have any hot tea? If not I will put on a pot.

RICHARD
12-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Going to need that fire going for the next few days. The deep cold is set to return this afternoon. Instead of the temp rising today it is falling. Where it was -4 earlier it is now -9. Snow coming for the next few days.

To go with that rip roaring fire, do we have any hot tea? If not I will put on a pot.

I'll get it. I am up and making something to eat anyway....

One cup of tea?

DONE!:)

Queen of Poop
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Could I get a fog light/horn with that tea? Its just gotten really foggy. Must be the cold front moving in, it's -15oC now.

RICHARD
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Could I get a fog light/horn with that tea? Its just gotten really foggy. Must be the cold front moving in, it's -15oC now.

Yes,

I will never complain about Cah lee fuh Nee Ah weather again!

DONE!

slick
12-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Hey Richard, I'll have a large G & T with a slice of lime please??? :love: Many thanks. I just finished my hour workout and I'm parched.

The weather has been quite cold here but is supposed to warm to to about 45 F with lots of rain. Typical for this time of year.

Oh I do love that fire Richard. My toes are nice and toasty. :love:

Queen of Poop
12-30-2009, 05:59 AM
I really need some tea this morning. Anyone else? I'll get the pot started seeing as it's 5 am here.

Fog's gone. -14oC and staying put there for the day. Snow is falling, looks pretty. Be better if I didn't have to venture out today.

Tea's ready, anyone?

Karen
12-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Tea is always good! Thanks.

Pinot's Mom
12-30-2009, 07:54 AM
I'll take some tea - and I have some cinnamon scones to share! :)

Orc, could you stoke the fire, please?

RICHARD
12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh I do love that fire Richard. My toes are nice and toasty. :love:

G&T?

A done deal!

QoP
Thanks for starting up the water,

I am still asleep at 3:59!:eek:

I guess it's good to have a night shift on board?

Karen and PM,

Let me refresh your cup and let's look at breakfast?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
parched.

The weather has been quite cold here but is supposed to warm to to about 45 F with lots of rain. Typical for this time of year.

45 F sounds heavenly right now!!! I'm so tired of below freezing weather and snow!!! :eek: Isn't it time for Spring yet?

I feel weird. I felt fine then took a nap and woke up depressed!!! The holidays (and weather) do that to me.

How about a cherry limeade to remind me winter won't really last forever!!! ;)

Queen of Poop
12-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Ok, it's cold out, snowing off and on and I've had like the worst day ever. I'd really love a stiff drink. :mad:

I will settle for a very large cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows. Do we have any of that?

Richard, I was actually up at 2. Then again at 4 because Deigo wanted breakfast. I made the cats wait till 4:30 to ensure they'd eat all their food.