PDA

View Full Version : Had to take Lexie to the whitecoats yesterday....

carole
12-22-2009, 09:37 PM
My lil black girl Lexie had been a bit off colour, she went off her food, one thing Lexie never does, she loves her food,and i had noticed her scooting, this made me believe she had anal gland problems, this has occurred once before, in the eight years we have had her.

With xmas nearly upon us i did not want to risk not getting her looked at, sure enough that was the problem the right one,she had a bit of a temp and previously had vomited once and had the runs a bit,which is probably what flared the anal glands up according to my vet.

So her xmas pressie was two jabs, one of two week antibiotics and one pain relief, she has picked up a lot today and is eating more like normal,still not 100 per cent but getting there,my vet said anal gland problems are not that common in kitties ,more so dogs.

Anyhow here's hoping Lexie gets better soon and does not have any more of these problems for a long time coming, we have had a very expensive time at the vets lately, we never seem to be away from there lol, still i have comfort in knowing my sweet furbaby is going to be ok now.

Pinot's Mom
12-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Aww, poor Lexie, I hope the meds make it a Merry Christmas - feel better!

carole
12-23-2009, 08:38 PM
She has improved a lot, and is back to eating normally, yeah, with two cats who eat not well at times, i am glad for my Lexie, she eats and eats and eats though, and i have to restrict her ,as she gets tubby and has to stick with her special Urinary SO diet or otherwise we shall have other problems.

catmandu
12-25-2009, 05:13 PM
The best Pet Mas Gifts of all is when Your Cats return from the White Coats and they are so much better.
My Michael is eating the food I snuck back for him from the Kings Buffet and that makes me feel so happy:):):cool:
I wish we could send some Chicken, Roast Beef and Turkey to Lexie in a gift wrapped package!!!:love::love::love:

carole
12-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Ain't that the truth Gary, Lexie seems ok now, eating normally, everything AOK so far fingers and all paws crossed.

apbtmom76
12-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Oh Carole,. I do hope Lexie is feeling better now, give that sweet girl some kisses from me ;)

carole
12-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks she seems good now, i am having a bad run with the kitties right now, as you answered my other thread, you know it is Ellie now, it never rains but it pours doesn't it? hey good to see you here.