PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion about a job position.. Should I?

CountryWolf07
12-22-2009, 09:33 AM
So, I'd like to see your opinion on this - I applied to a job position as a magazine photographer in cleveland, and it's for TNT publications out in lake county (Ohio).. and they are very interested into meeting with me - they shoot once a month, and the company pays by providing with ad space in the magazine issue, and I'd get 1/4 page ad, which retails for $550, plus free color.. what do you think? They publish 10 copies a year, and looking for someone to shoot February's cover. http://www.ohiosportsandfitness.com/

It is for the Ohio Sports & Fitness magazine. It is more of a contract part-time job when they need a photographer to come in. What do you think, should I take it or just keep looking? Did I read this correctly? I would get paid $550?

Could be something to get my foot into the door...

Taz_Zoee
12-22-2009, 09:58 AM
I say go for it! Even if it's part time, it's a job and it's experience. More to go on your resume. :) Good luck!

jennielynn1970
12-22-2009, 11:05 AM
In this economy, you take what you can get, even if it is Part Time. Take it, do what you can with it, and keep looking while you're out there since it is part time. At least it's money coming in, right?

Good luck!

lvpets2002
12-22-2009, 12:22 PM
:) I will have to aggree with the rest of them.. Go for it Girl..

Asiel
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
I would take it, you just never know where it might lead you. Part time or not, it's better than nothing and as was mentioned, something else to add to a resume.

finn's mom
12-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I would do it for the experience alone...even if there wasn't pay.

Barbara
12-22-2009, 02:26 PM
They pay with an ad? And not in cash? Deals like this would always make me cautious. For the cover of even a very small magazine, 550 USD would be a low payment.

CountryWolf07
12-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I chose not to do it. My main reason, I don't have a lot of money and I am searching for paid contracts and jobs - and also, this was at least an hour drive back and forth so it is not worth it for me to waste my gas $ just to get experience, alone. I will just keep searching.

Marigold2
12-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Wishing you the best of luck. Hard decision to make.