PDA

View Full Version : The glass by the bed

Marigold2
12-16-2009, 10:56 PM
We have four cats. At night I keep a water glass on my night stand in case I get thirsty. Have done this for over 30 years. I have crystal glasses, short lovely, heavy. All four cats drink out of the glass. I don't know what it is about the glass.:confused: They always have fresh water downstairs but they want to drink out of the glass. So now I fill it every night and they all take turns drinking. The three boys sleep with me, the girl Meka with my daughter.
I now keep a seperate glass for myself on the bathroom counter, it was freaking hubby out that I drank from the same glass.
His reply is always, "they lick their butts and then drink out of it"
Isn't he a scream? :eek:
I think I will go to the pet store tomorrow buy one of those fancy dog cookies with the frosting and all and give it to him. Yea I'm bad.

joycenalex
12-17-2009, 05:27 AM
LOL!:D....now for the record, when my first niece was a rugrat, she made a beeline to the cats foodbowl at my house and grabbed a handful and munched before my mom and sister could get there. mass panic ensued. being a "supportive" non parent, and laughing i tried a few crunchies too.....no wonder cats have bad breath....BTW the niece is now 22, tax paying and loan repaying college graduate with an excellent job in nursing. aunt joyce knows it's all from me and the catfood:cool:

Medusa
12-17-2009, 06:14 AM
I keep water on my nightstand, too, but I wouldn't dare keep it in a glass. It would get knocked over in a heartbeat so I keep a water bottle there instead. You must have really good kitties, Monica. Mine, not so much. :p

aTailOf2Kitties
12-17-2009, 07:51 AM
is the water in the glass fresher than what's in their bowl? Cats like well oxygenated water, the fresher the better. That's why some drink from the toilet. Every time you flush it's a nice fresh supply. I bought one of thsoe small pet fountains for my boys and they drank so much I finally had to put it away 'cuz I got tired of re-filling it all the time.

happylabs
12-17-2009, 08:05 AM
I love my cats, but ewwwwwww! I'm with your hubby on this one.

Kirsten
12-17-2009, 08:26 AM
"they lick their butts and then drink out of it"

For this reason, I have my water in a bottle with a lid! :D

Kirsten

Randi
12-17-2009, 08:42 AM
When I first caught Fister drinking from my cup of tea on my night table, I gave him his own glasses to drink from, so now he has one in the corner of the bedroom, plus his Pet Mate in the corridor. Still, if I have water on my table, he'll drink from that! :p

smokey the elder
12-17-2009, 08:44 AM
It might also be if their water bowl is metal or plastic, they can taste something leaching into it that we would never be able to taste. Or it could be, just because it's mama's!:D

Pinot's Mom
12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Or it could be, just because it's mama's!:D

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Pinot has to investigate if I have a glass next to me - and the route she takes to get there is hysterical!;) It's definitely 'cause it's Mama's glass!