PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Flame Coming Tomorrow

fritz03
12-15-2009, 06:31 PM
The Olympic Flame for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics is stopping here in Bowmanville tomorrow at 2:44 p.m.The flame started its journey in Victoria B.C in late October,went up to the far North into Eastern Canada,Quebec and Ontario right now.It will arrive in Vancouver on February 12,2010.They have streaming video and have been able to follow its progress.I am going uptown to see it come through.To see it go to www.ctvolympics.ca scroll down the page and click on follow the torch relay and press live webcam.You may have to install silverlight software to see it.

momcat
12-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Now that must really be something to see live and in person! I hope you get a good spot with a perfect view.

RICHARD
12-15-2009, 11:40 PM
I have been to three torch appearances and loved them all.

It's a very moving and communal feeling with all the people in attendance.

Have fun and take pictures.

fritz03
12-16-2009, 07:35 AM
I will take pictures for sure.unfortunately the vehicle carrying a live stream of the relay isn't running today,will tomorrow,so I guess the only way anyone will see it here is to go and see it live.It may be on the news tonight.

fritz03
12-16-2009, 11:02 AM
The torch coverage is on again,they are now in Lindsay,Ontario for a community celebration,the run resumes around 1p.m.To get the coverage of it go to www.ctvolympics.ca and scroll down where it says follow the relay ,click that and it takes you there.Then click live webcam,may have to install silverlight to get it.It starts here at 2:44,I will be somewhere along the route,you may even see me!

Louie and me
12-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey Barry - I was just watching CP24 TV Station as the torch is bring taken through Bowmanville. Too bad I couldn't see you waving! It will be in Markham tomorrow.

RICHARD
12-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Are you sure the torch is in Canada?

I don't see any igloos and they just ran past a McDonald's in Oshawa!:confused:;)

RICHARD
12-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Wait, they only have igloos where Slick lives.

Never mind.;)

--------------

The coolest thing were the high fives that some runners gave to each other..

Also, I noticed at each hand-off they posed the participants as if to take a photos! Was that the case?
:cool:

I also noticed that that the officials let traffic by on the oncoming lane! Well done, Canada!, looks like you have everything in hand!

----------

Pictures!
Pictures!:)