PDA

View Full Version : Silly Christmas shopping rant

Lady's Human
12-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Okay, I know Crayola has moved on from just making crayons....

But HOW can you have an entire Crayola aisle in Toys R Us with NO crayons whatsoever?????

Not even a box of 64!

Puckstop31
12-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Creative marketing? :confused:

That is weird though... I feel like we keep Crayola in business all by ourselves, what with the way Hannah goes through them all.

smokey the elder
12-15-2009, 03:10 PM
No 64 packs!? How can they DO that?:p;)

happylabs
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
That is sad. I used to love those 64 pack crayons when I was a little girl. Coloring was one of my favorite things. I wonder if kids just don't color much these days with computers? Very sad. :(

sparks19
12-15-2009, 03:40 PM
No the crayons are in a completely different place. I had this same issue at another store (I think target) there was an entire crayola aisle... but no crayons or paints or anything. They were at the front of the store in the stationary section lol why not have some in BOTH places if they want to be like that :p

Lady's Human
12-15-2009, 03:58 PM
We made several trips around the store....not a crayon in sight, which was rather silly, as there were plenty of coloring books.

sparks19
12-15-2009, 04:01 PM
We made several trips around the store....not a crayon in sight, which was rather silly, as there were plenty of coloring books.

really? that's wierd.

I haven't been in Toys R us for a while... I think I was in Target when I found them up in the stationary section.

Medusa
12-15-2009, 04:10 PM
I lose consciousness when I enter Toys R Us. (You can tell it's been a while since my son was little.)

Husky_mom
12-15-2009, 05:24 PM
hahaha... funny..

catnapper
12-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Hmmm... how about I send you whats currently in my CAT TREE.... I came home tonight to find a complete box of 120 crayons, a box of 64 crayons, and a box of markers all dumped on one cat shelf.

I found mine in the Crayola store at the Crayola factory. Its was amazing... a HUGE Store dedicated to crayola products, and one small shelf dedicated to Crayons, and one large tub where you can pick your own colors to make your own can of crayons.

Karen
12-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Hmmm... how about I send you whats currently in my CAT TREE.... I came home tonight to find a complete box of 120 crayons, a box of 64 crayons, and a box of markers all dumped on one cat shelf.

I found mine in the Crayola store at the Crayola factory. Its was amazing... a HUGE Store dedicated to crayola products, and one small shelf dedicated to Crayons, and one large tub where you can pick your own colors to make your own can of crayons.

Wow! I wanna go there! Where is it?

There's nothing like a new box of crayons, even the smell is joy-scented.

Genny
12-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I know-like Karen said the smell is so good! I asked my mom why did I like the smell of crayons so much and she said it's because when I was little I was always happy when I colored and that smell of the crayons brings back good memories ;] Makes sense to me lol! I still love coloring tho. I can color all day ;]

catnapper
12-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Wow! I wanna go there! Where is it?

There's nothing like a new box of crayons, even the smell is joy-scented.

It was a blast at the factory. The time to go is now, not the summer because they have thousands of kids in the factory at any given time. Its in Easton, PA.

Husky_mom
12-16-2009, 08:34 AM
It was a blast at the factory. The time to go is now, not the summer because they have thousands of kids in the factory at any given time. Its in Easton, PA.

I think it´s awesome.. I´d love to go there.. ooh... crayons.. gotta love the smell... hehe

gini
12-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Wow! A box of 64 crayons - I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I received that box as a gift. I always loved all of the greens.

Medusa
12-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow! A box of 64 crayons - I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I received that box as a gift. I always loved all of the greens.

That's so funny! Me, too, Gini, except I loved magenta and all the purples. :p

Cataholic
12-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Ah, the joys of mothering to a non-crayon child. :D

LH- I had to search TRU with assistance to find the Moon Sand, which was amongst the crayon stuff. The aisle was huge!!! I can't say that I saw actual crayons...just lots and lots and lots of craft stuff.

sparks19
12-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Ah, the joys of mothering to a non-crayon child. :D

CURSE you lol

I like that she loves to color... just wish she would stick to paper ALL the time and not experiment on other things like the wall or the TV :O OH yes I have caught her coloring on the television lol and in the van on the way home I had a brain lapse and gave her a pen with paper... I turned around a minute later and she had colored herself from head to toe :O

The aquadoodle is a BRILLIANT invention lol. a water pen that ONLY colors on the special mat. PHEW

Oh that and magic erasers

Did I hear someone say they have a 120 crayon box. OOOOH I want one of those

lvpets2002
12-16-2009, 12:18 PM
:D I am just a Chukklling here.. Could we get this coloring & Hanna on video please..:D

I like that she loves to color... just wish she would stick to paper ALL the time and not experiment on other things like the wall or the TV :O OH yes I have caught her coloring on the television lol and in the van on the way home I had a brain lapse and gave her a pen with paper... I turned around a minute later and she had colored herself from head to toe :O