PDA

View Full Version : Cat sitters

kitten645
10-10-2002, 06:22 PM
I've just found out I'm going on a trip at the end of October. I've recently moved and haven't found a new kittysitter. Does anyone have any suggestions? Unfortunately Calvin & Hobbes are skiddish around strangers so the sitter will never see them. Unless of course they go find them in the closet! But I need to find someone trustworthy to come everyday and do what's necessary. And fast! Is there any sort of group that certifies or that a good petsitter would be associated with? Thanks!:confused:

Uabassoon
10-10-2002, 06:33 PM
Try Petsit.com THe pet sitting company that I work for is under Petsit.com they should have a bunch of good sitters registered.

wolflady
10-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Yes, try searching on Petsit.com or even ask your vet for a recommendation. Amberlee may have some advice on this as she uses a petsitter from time to time:D Good luck!

Logan
10-10-2002, 08:36 PM
I found my wonderful petsitter through www.petsit.com as well. Just pop in your zip code and you should be able to quickly see if there are available petsitters in your area. I interviewed three over the phone, but when the first one came to "meet" me and my gang, I knew she was the right one for us. She just plopped herself down on a damp, algae covered patio and let two Golden Retrievers lick her to death. I knew she was my girl right then!!! :D

popcornbird
10-10-2002, 10:38 PM
I agree with the previous posts. If not, maybe you can leave them in a friend's care. I always leave my birds with a close friend. I can't trust just anyone coming into our house while we are away.

neko1
10-11-2002, 07:50 AM
I agree with everyone. Some of the technicians that I work with also do pet sitting, so check with your vet and see about that.

Logan
10-11-2002, 08:06 AM
You're exactly right, Neko! I totally forgot about asking the veterinarian's office about petsitters. In fact, I remember now that a vet tech who used to work for our vet did pet sitting and she would stay in your home if you wanted her to. Good idea!!! :) Plus, a lot of petsitters will have their cards on display at the vet's office, and the office may be able to give a good/bad recommendation on them (hopefully they would only let people they trust advertise there).

Logan

kitten645
10-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Many many thanks to you all. Petsit.com was perfect. Turned up six possibles. Two right in my back yard and all look to have GREAT references and really care for animals. I look forward to meeting them! What a great job it would be to hang around animals all day!
Claudia

Uabassoon
10-11-2002, 12:41 PM
Glad you were able to find some good petsitters. I thought it would be fun to be a pet sitter too so I went to PetSit.com and emailed all the pet sitting services I found in my area to see if any of them needed any more sitters. And it worked out great for me, one of the companies hired me so now I'll be working as a pet sitter too.