PDA

View Full Version : Poor baby Felix!

JuniorxMyxLove
12-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Felix had his neuter surgery on Friday morning, and came home that afternoon.

He's got the cone of shame to wear for five more days, and I don't know how that's gonna work...he spent his first hour home fighting with it and trying to get it off, and then gave up and has absolutely been moping around for the last few days.

It didn't help that we got and decorated our christmas tree while he was upstairs sleeping the drugs off...:D We had it up for about two hours before he came downstairs, ran into the tree, and knocked it over :rolleyes:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC12375.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC12380.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC12382.jpg

He was still a little out of it in those pictures, teehee.

Oh, and for those who care - Felix did NOT get declawed, and as long as he behaves himself we have no plans to get him declawed.

phesina
12-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Awwwww! Poor baby. He needs a lot of extra TLC right now.

You will be just fine, Felix! And now you are a MAN!

Glad you did not get him declawed. Make sure to have some alternate scratching surfaces, posts and such, for him to use.

Barbara
12-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Frankly- none of my boys had to wear a cone at all. When Tigris came home he was still really shaky on his legs and then climbed the cat tree for a long nap. Plus these cones are so hard.
I would check how he behaves without cone and if he does not start to lick the wound all over I'd let him go.
I am so glad that Felix is not declawed and send him some nosekissies.

catmandu
12-13-2009, 10:51 AM
:cool:Awww Poor Little Felix!!!::):)
But its your First PetMas soon, and you will be so Happy and Delighted when the Big Turkey comes out of the oven , all basted with butter, with gravy boats full, and dressing on the side!!!
:cool::)
We envy you Felix Your First PetMas Dinner.
Heart your Fill and Be Happy Little WonderCat!!!!
:love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm glad his neuter is over and that he didn't get declawed.:) Usually it's only the females that have to wear a cone for a while. The boys are usually back to normal in a couple of days. I hope everything goes well. If he doesn't have one already, I'd get him a scratching post for Christmas with some catnip spray to use on it. Hopefully he'll leave your Christmas tree alone. Good luck.:)

katladyd
12-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I've never had a male who had to wear a cone after neutering. They did fine. I'd take the thing off.:) I am glad he was not declawed. Now, he has to behave himself, doesn't he?:D Give him hugs and kisses from me. He sure is a cutie!

JuniorxMyxLove
12-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm glad his neuter is over and that he didn't get declawed.:) Usually it's only the females that have to wear a cone for a while. The boys are usually back to normal in a couple of days. I hope everything goes well. If he doesn't have one already, I'd get him a scratching post for Christmas with some catnip spray to use on it. Hopefully he'll leave your Christmas tree alone. Good luck.:)

He's got a little scratching post that hangs on one of our cupboards. He uses it fairly well.

I've never had a male who had to wear a cone after neutering. They did fine. I'd take the thing off.:) I am glad he was not declawed. Now, he has to behave himself, doesn't he?:D Give him hugs and kisses from me. He sure is a cutie!

We took it off a few hours ago and he's been pretty good with it so far. He was just SO miserable - he repayed us by going from person to person and napping on our laps hehe.

Medusa
12-13-2009, 06:56 PM
None of my males ever wore a cone after neutering either. As a matter of fact, they were so peppy when I brought them home that I wondered if they might've still had all their parts. LOL

I can sympathize w/how bad you feel about Felix having to wear his collar, though. My Yodie needed one after her recent ear surgery and b/c she opened her incision, she now has to wear it for another 10 days, possibly longer. They do know how to tug at our heartstrings about it, too, trust me. I'm glad that he's doing well since you took it off and that he isn't bothering his incision. And I'm glad, too, that you didn't have him declawed. :)

cassiesmom
12-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Awwww, Felix, I hope you feel much better soon! Please use your scratching tree for your claws, okay?

momcat
12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Felix,
I'm glad to know that your "guy surgery" went so well. Just take it easy for a few days and be sure to get lots of extra lovies from your purrents. Like all of us who got fixed when we weren't broken, today you are a kitty man! Feel better soon!

Your friend,
Groucho

Anikaca77
12-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Prays coming for Felix, our little Apollo had his done not too long ago and he recovered pretty well from it.

Melissa