PDA

View Full Version : Eye surgery

Marigold2
12-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Had my laser eye surgery this morning to lower my pressure. I have glacuoma. Had both eyes done by my boss. I was so scared.........:eek:
Have had it done twice before, the first time was so incredibly painful. Today was ok. My eyes are sore and swollen I am blurry but so glad it is done. My boss was such a sweatheart to me. Nice man.
Looking forward to a Christmas party tonight and a good time.

phesina
12-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Best wishes to you for a comfortable recovery and correction of the glaucoma. Your boss is an eye doctor?

Enjoy the Christmas party tonight!

Marigold2
12-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you I am feeling wonderful today. Hubby and I went to the Christmas party last night and had a blast.
I work for two Drs. The one who did the surgery is an ophthalmologist, ocular/facial surgeon one of the best in country. It is incredible what he can do. People who have gun shots to the eyes, horrible car accidents, saws ripping into their face anything awful like that, he is called in to repair them. He gives people back their lives after disfiguring accidents. He amazes me all the time. After being with him for years I am some what used to seeing these things and hearing about others but is still a shock the damage that can be done to a face.
Please always wear a seatbelt. Having glass cut out of your eyes in no fun, sometimes the eye can be saved other times not. I have seen this first hand and it is a nightmare. Glass takes months to fully work it’s way out of the face.
I consider myself very lucky to work with such a talented and wonderful man.
The other Dr is also a sweetheart, kind and decent and funny.