PDA

View Full Version : Am I Famous Now????

Presley
10-10-2002, 05:07 PM
I don't know if this has ever made it to this board but here it is anyways... Horrible and sad and so very true...

AM I FAMOUS NOW

I was born today. One of ten. My daddy is very famous. I have lots of half brothers and sisters. My mother is very famous. Since she got famous, she has only had puppies. No more loving hands, no more fun trips…just puppies. She is always very sad when they leave her. I have lots of half brothers and sisters.

I left home today. I didn't want to go, so I hid behind my mamma and my three littermates that were left. I didn't like you. But they said one day I'd be famous. I wonder: IS FAMOUS THE SAME AS FUN AND GOOD TIMES? So you picked me up and carried me away. I don't thin you liked me.
My new home is far away. I am scared and afraid. I will try to be brave. My heart says, BE BRAVE! My ancestors were. Did they go to homes like mine? I'm hungry because I can't eat too much because it will be bad for my bones. I can't bite or snap when the children are mean to me. I just run and play and pretend I am in a big field with butterflies and robins and frogs. I can't understand why they kick me. I am quiet, but the man kicks and hits me and says loud things. The lady doesn't feed me good food like I had with my mother. She just throws dry food on the ground, then goes away before I can go close for touching and petting. Sometimes I hide behind a tree. Sometimes my food smells bad, but after awhile I eat it anyway.

Today I had puppies. I had ten. They are so wonderful and fluffy and warm. AM I FAMOUS NOW? I wish I could play with them, but they are so tiny. I am so young and playful that it is hard for me to lie in this hole under the house and nurse the puppies. It is hot and something bites me. I scratch and worry my fur. I wish someone would throw me some food. I am also very thirsty. I now have eight. Two got cold during the night, and I couldn't make them warm again. They are gone. We are all very weak. Maybe if I take them out on the porch, I can get some food.

Today they took us away. It was too much trouble to feed us. I now only have three. The others got cold one day, and I couldn't get them warm again. They are gone. Someone grabbed my three puppies. They were crying and whimpering. We were put in a truck with boxes on it. I couldn't see my puppies. ARE THEY FAMOUS NOW? I hope so because I miss them. They are gone.

The place smelled urine, fear, filth and sickness. Why was I here? I was beautiful, like my ancestors. Now I am hungry, dirty, in pain and unwanted. Maybe the worst part is UNWANTED. No one came though I tried to be good.

Today someone came. They put a rope around my neck and led me to a room that was very clean and had a shiny table. They put me on the table. Someone held me and hugged me. It felt so good! Then I felt tired and laid over against the last one who cared. I am famous now. Today, someone cared.
ANONYMOUS

tatsxxx11
10-10-2002, 05:44 PM
I couldn't finish reading it.:(

Sam's My Baby
10-10-2002, 05:56 PM
omg, that is sooo sad.:( :( :( :( :( :(

jenluckenbach
10-10-2002, 06:07 PM
that is a real tear jerker. I wish the people who REALLY need to see that could.:(

lizbud
10-10-2002, 06:41 PM
Presley,

I have seen that poem not on this board, but I think
I saw it on a anti Puppymill site. It just rips your heart
out when you read it. I'm crying now for all those pure,
innocent souls with fur, who do have all those feelings
and more. If only they COULD talk. :( I wonder if people
could bear to hear their pain? :( Lizbud.

Sudilar
10-10-2002, 07:33 PM
Very sad.

Cookiebaker
10-10-2002, 08:05 PM
I did the only thing I could after reading that...I knelt down and gave my Malone a hug and reassured him that he is wanted and loved. Meanwhile my heart is crying out for all those other poor pups out there in the cold & dark & filth and said a prayer for them...:(

Presley
10-10-2002, 09:26 PM
Presley had her head on my leg when i was reading that crying and all i could do was keep kissing her and telling her how much i love her and squeeze her... It is so very sad....

Logan
10-10-2002, 10:28 PM
Sometimes, I just can't read anything else that will make me cry. I hope you understand, Melissa. I just hug my Golden girls and know that I'm doing everything I can for them, and for the unwanted. It is just never enough. :(

Rottieluver45
10-10-2002, 10:36 PM
OMG!! That`s so sad!:(It made me think of Opus! :(

Presley
10-10-2002, 11:57 PM
I can totally understand someone not being able to read these type of things.. I start crying within the first few lines.. It is sad and horrible and i wish i could do so much more...

Hugs to everyone who wants and needs them :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-11-2002, 06:27 AM
How sad :(

anna_66
10-11-2002, 07:51 AM
http://www.plaudersmilies.de/sad/beleidigt.gifThat was just the saddest thing I've read in a while. It brought tears to my eyes.

Britt
10-11-2002, 08:23 AM
That was sooo sad :'( I gotta go hug Tibbee now.

lv4dogs
10-11-2002, 09:34 AM
What a sad poem. I am printing it to hang at the shelters.

manda99
10-11-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I did the only thing I could after reading that...I knelt down and gave my Malone a hug and reassured him that he is wanted and loved. Meanwhile my heart is crying out for all those other poor pups out there in the cold & dark & filth and said a prayer for them...:(

I can't tell you how many times I do the same thing with Smokey and Pork Chop when I read something like this...

Andie
10-11-2002, 10:58 AM
:(
So sad