PDA

View Full Version : So excited! Christmas gifts for the boyfriend.. What did YOU get for your s/o?

CountryWolf07
12-10-2009, 11:51 PM
So.. I found the perfect Christmas gifts for the boyfriend.. Mike is going to LOVE these.. I wanted something unique, so I thought these were it! I know I haven't seen the second and third collectible items before.. :

Metal Tin "Rolling Rock horse" that is seen on the bottle cap of the beer product:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/countrywolf07/DSC_1159.jpg

Mirror frame with Rolling Rock logo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/countrywolf07/DSC_1160.jpg

Bar sign:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/countrywolf07/DSC_1161.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/countrywolf07/DSC_1162.jpg

So, what did YOU get for your boyfriend/husband/girlfriend? :)

Cookiebaker
12-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Getting gifts for my hubby is SO hard.....he has everything he 'needs', and he doesn't really have hobbies/interests that are *things*. What I mean is, he doesn't golf, or ski, or into sports; he doesn't drink or smoke or paint; doesn't collect anything etc. etc. He works very hard to provide for us, and upkeep the house, and also do things for other people. So every anniversary/birthday/Christmas is SO challenging for me to think of things for him.

This year, I painted him a mug at the pottery shop (and was pretty disappointed that he was right here when my SIL brought them to the house and he really wanted to see what I had made, and I gave it to him early. Gah!) in big letters it says "PAPA" on it. :D I also got a Skinit for his Blackberry; am putting together a huge collage of picures for our living room wall (I feel like this is cheating though, cause its not really for him, you know?); a shirt and tie; an organizer for his desk; and some bookends for his bookcase.

I love Christmas! :D

Shelteez2
12-11-2009, 08:00 AM
I don't really have any plans to get Cam anything. But we're not big into Christmas. Some years we've just done stockings for each other. It's been kind of a tough few months as he was layed off his job. He got a new one right away, but the pay is a little less. Maybe we'll just buy something nice for the house as a present to each other. :)

jennielynn1970
12-11-2009, 08:15 AM
I bought Dave a bunch of new tshirts, sweaters and hoodies. What he had from when he split with his ex wife was just a disaster and things she had worn to work and gotten splattered with cooking grease. We already got him new jeans to wear, because all of his had holes and rips. His ex would spend tons of $$ on herself, but buy him things that were like, 5.00 out at Walmart. Not that you have to spend a ton but at least be thoughtful with what you buy, you know???

So, I had fun at Macy's, got some great deals and some cool tshirts and really nice sweaters. Still want to get him some more stuff, just not sure what. It has to be practical, and it can't be too expensive at this point because I don't have the funds, lol. OOH... I got him some new cologne too. EUPHORIA. It smells sooooo good. I just want to lick it off him, lol. :eek::p

Pembroke_Corgi
12-11-2009, 09:06 AM
My husband and I don't exchange gifts anymore- we prefer doing fun things to celebrate instead. We usually take a train ride every Christmas, although last year we saw the Nutcracker Ballet instead. This year we are riding the cog wheel up Pike's Peak again!

I guess for us, it just doesn't make sense to exchange gifts. I mean, if I wanted something and could afford it, I would just buy it myself. If I can't afford it, well, neither can he! :D We usually just buy for the kids in the family and do a "secret santa" type thing with other family members for fun.

Taz_Zoee
12-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Usually each year I get Bruce a big gift (meaning expensive). But this year that's just not possible. I asked him if we even wanted to exchange gifts this year and he wants to. So we set a limit on how much to spend.
He brews his own beer and wants to get a small mill. So I told my mom and SIL and we are all going to put in money so he can purchase it. I always get him a calendar. And we do stockings too, with candy and other silly items in them. I'm going to get the breathe right strips for him this year. LOL

JenBKR
12-11-2009, 09:39 AM
We got new carpet a few months ago, and just decided that would be our gift to each other. We don't usually get each other much. Ty, on the other hand, is going to be so spoiled this year. This is the first Christmas that he will kind of have an idea what will be going on, so we are super excited. :D

Pinot's Mom
12-11-2009, 09:54 AM
My husband and I don't exchange gifts anymore- we prefer doing fun things to celebrate instead. We usually take a train ride every Christmas, although last year we saw the Nutcracker Ballet instead. This year we are riding the cog wheel up Pike's Peak again!

I guess for us, it just doesn't make sense to exchange gifts. I mean, if I wanted something and could afford it, I would just buy it myself. If I can't afford it, well, neither can he! :D We usually just buy for the kids in the family and do a "secret santa" type thing with other family members for fun.

That is our philosophy; we've been together 28 years, we have everything we need/want (well, you know, within reason) and for us Christmas is not about gifts. We generally see some shows or concerts, exchange stocking gifts and some inexpensive fun things. If there's a big ticket item on the agenda that particular year, we look at each other when we buy it and say "Merry Christmas!"...:) This year new bedroom furniture MIGHT make the list...

Karen
12-11-2009, 12:19 PM
He's the other moderator here - I wouldn't dare post it!

Pinot's Mom
12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh come on, Karen, he won't look!;)

Twisterdog
12-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Getting gifts for my hubby is SO hard.....he has everything he 'needs', and he doesn't really have hobbies/interests that are *things*. What I mean is, he doesn't golf, or ski, or into sports; he doesn't drink or smoke or paint; doesn't collect anything etc. etc. He works very hard to provide for us, and upkeep the house, and also do things for other people. So every anniversary/birthday/Christmas is SO challenging for me to think of things for him.

My hubby is the same way. I think this year we are just buying each other a new house. :D

Karen
12-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh come on, Karen, he won't look!;)

You don't know him! As a child, he'd unwrap and play with presents his parents had hidden for weeks before Christmas - even when they hid them in the car truck, and even when they hid them at a neighbor's house!

k9krazee
12-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Rich and I aren't really big in exchanging presents, if he wants something he'll usually run out and buy it and I never want presents :P This year his mom got him an expensive gift so I only bought him a few little things - a DVD, a CD, a t-shirt and a graphic design book that he's been drooling over. I'm spending Christmas with him and his family so I think that should be enough of a present ;)

sirrahbed
12-11-2009, 03:36 PM
My hubby collects and plays guitar and is a hunting fan - so I found this great Camoplage guitar and I think he will be so excited!!:D

Grace
12-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Like a few others, we no longer exchange gifts. Instead we donate the $$$ to a charity dedicated to animal welfare.

Husky_mom
12-11-2009, 05:26 PM
my hubby is sooooo easy.. clothes, shoes, perfume and heīs happy.. hehe

this year I got him like tons of ties and cufflinks and a couple dress shirts.. hehe.. like if he even needed more..lol.. but hey he uses them everyday..and I bought enough for Christmas, Anniversary, Valentine and Bday.. haha.. (everything is in feb so I smart bought)

Iīm still hanging over the idea of getting him a perfume/lotion whatever.. just need to be told if they have it in stock

I never ask for anything.. but he knows me.. and tries to get me what he thinks I like.. he has given me cameras, laptop, clothes, shoes... i canīt complain..

we werenīt supposed to get anything because of a few issues were having but I already had my stash cash for gifts so I used it.. and I even had enough for my own present.. which will bring me to the grave.. hahaha

Nomilynn
12-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I bought Brian concert tickets to two concerts he wants to see, Los Paperboys and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I will also do a stocking for him, with gum, candy, toothpaste, etc etc :)

Marigold2
12-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Great gift. I found something like that for my son a couple of years ago, it was an OS sign made of plastic the size of your first picture. I love finding intersting and unique gifts I am sure he will love it.

sparks19
12-12-2009, 06:05 PM
we decided not to really give each other gifts this year. we are getting each other a book that the other wants but that's it. our gift to each other this year is a night out to a comedy club or something just the two of us :)

we are pretty much just spending the money on Hannah :) already got most of her stuff done. just have one big ticket item to get her.... a kitchen.

K9karen
12-12-2009, 06:14 PM
John and I never exchanged gifts. At first, it was because he was out of work since our 2nd year together. Plus we get stuff all year that we find on sale or need for the house.

My niece is fostering 2 kids, with the intention to adopt. Her own 2 kids ( 10 and 8) are thriled). So we're buying for the 4 kids only. I have the impression that John's DIL doesn't appreciate anything unless it's from her mother. She Oohs and Aahs over our great gifts, but I never see them again, anywhere. So I may just give money and have her buy her own stuff for them, 'cause I give up.

I'm thrilled to spend a day with my awesome 96 y.o. uncle. I'm tempted to have John go his his DIL's (soon to be ex) with her family for dinner, while I spend the day with Carl, since it may be his last..who knows?

Miranda_Rae
12-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I think i am getting him a video camera. We talked about it and he was supposed to look into it due to the fact that i have NO idea what kind of video camera to get!! lol