12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Where did this weather come from.

It's been cold at night!

Hey, hot chocolate and a fireplace!

DONE!

I'll be back with the menu!:cool:

DJFyrewolf36
12-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Anything warm is fine by me! It got down to 10 last night which is kind of unusal for around here. Nothing record breaking but enough to be DARN irritating!

slick
12-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Where did this weather come from. It's been cold at night! Oh you poor dear. What - it got all the way down to 60 F?????? ;):p:D Here's a flannel blankie and some slippers for ya. We are going down to 23 F tonight. Long term forcast for us calls for snow on Fri, Sat and Sun. Do you know how to ski Richard?? :p

Yes, something warm and comforting would be great. I'll wait for the menu but in the meantime I'll take a Spanish Coffee please. Merci buckets!

RICHARD
12-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh you poor dear. What - it got all the way down to 60 F?????? ;):p:D Here's a flannel blankie and some slippers for ya. We are going down to 23 F tonight. Long term forcast for us calls for snow on Fri, Sat and Sun. Do you know how to ski Richard?? :p

Yes, something warm and comforting would be great. I'll wait for the menu but in the meantime I'll take a Spanish Coffee please. Merci buckets!

No, I don't do things without brakes.;)

It was close to freezing, I left the cat litter bow outdoors and the water on top froze. 34?

I hate pot roast, but I want some!
With mashed taters and green beans!

One Cafe Espanol!
DONE!

DJ,
One pot roast!

The DOTD?

Baby Eskimo recipe

2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
8 oz milk
2 scoops vanilla ice cream

Leave ice-cream out for about 10 minutes. Add ingredients in order, stir with chopstick (butter knife or spoon works too). Consume immediately and often. Nice and light, great for following a heavy drink.

KYS
12-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Count me in.
Hot chocolate next to a warm fireplace.

Don't laugh but I am wearing flannel PJ's right now. :D

cassiesmom
12-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Well, it's down to 16F in Chicago with subzero wind chills. So, could I please have coffee? No, I'd better have decaf. It's pretty late.

RICHARD
12-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Count me in.

I get dressed to go to sleep!:eek:

Hot chocolate and a fire!

DONE!

CM,
AQ hot cup of decaf!

DONE!

RICHARD
12-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Count me in.

I get dressed to go to sleep!:eek:

Hot chocolate and a fire!

DONE!

CM,
A hot cup of decaf!

DONE!

Cinder & Smoke
12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
I hate pot roast ...

You hate *WHAT*?

Good Grief ... what did your Mom cook for you kids?

Fur sure your Dad must have enjoyed the occassional Sunday Pot Roast.

I could eat Mom's Pot Roast all week long! :cool:

Catherinedana
12-10-2009, 06:45 AM
I'll take an Irish coffee (with whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of creme de menthe over that. . .the green kind that you can see!)

Then I'll have a hot flash because it's like 82 degrees here. We had the a/c on last night!

I'm NOT dreaming of a white Christmas!! :p

Pinot's Mom
12-10-2009, 07:13 AM
I'll have one of those "Baby Eskimo" drinks - but can I switch the milk and Kahlua proportions?:)

I'm having zucchini walnut bread warmed up this morning with whipped cream cheese on top - anyone care to join me?

davidpizzica
12-10-2009, 08:49 AM
It's COLD here in Concordia. Right now it's 25 degrees with a wind chill of 11 degrees, and snow showers and flurries all day. RICHARD, may I have a BIG cup of coffee with Bailey's?

pomtzu
12-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm having zucchini walnut bread warmed up this morning with whipped cream cheese on top - anyone care to join me?

Save me some please. I'll be over there in a flash...........;)

Karen
12-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Hmmm, not too cold here yet - by our standards, anyway, but it's supposed to be cold and very windy tomorrow, so temperatures will "feel like" the teens, instead of the upper twenties they will actually be!

Bartender, I've brought a big pot of hot chocolate - made with extra chocolate, a bit of coffee, and some cinnamon. And I'll contribute some shortbread cookies - some just plain and some chocolate/chocolate chip. They're not very sweet, but nice and rich, and I'm happy to share.

RICHARD
12-10-2009, 10:58 AM
You hate *WHAT*?

Good Grief ... what did your Mom cook for you kids?

Fur sure your Dad must have enjoyed the occassional Sunday Pot Roast.

I could eat Mom's Pot Roast all week long! :cool:

My mom made a killer PR.....I just didn't like the texture of the meat. The fat was what did it for me.

Loved the veggies, tho!

CD,

One green Irish coffee!

DONE!

Did you ever go thru the initiation process for Thursday's?:eek::D

PM,

LOL, You can do anything you want.

One BE, Large?

DONE!

David,

You made me colder.

One cup of HOT coffee and Bailey's?

DONE!

Pom,

Zucchini walnut bread?

DONE!

Catherinedana
12-10-2009, 12:10 PM
CD,

One green Irish coffee!

DONE!

Did you ever go thru the initiation process for Thursday's?:eek::D

Uh oh! Do I have to go under the windmill?

gini
12-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Hey, Richard isn't just a kiddin' about the California weather. I walked out on my deck to go to work and almost went arse over teakettle on the ice crystals.

Soooo - a large very hot coffee - with a generous amount of Bailey's will thaw me out and get the day going.

pomtzu
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Uh oh! Do I have to go under the windmill?

One clean joke will get you lifetime membership. However, since you tried to crash the party, I think we should make it a little tougher!! :D What do you think, Richard????? :D

gini
12-10-2009, 12:54 PM
One clean joke will get you lifetime membership. However, since you tried to crash the party, I think we should make it a little tougher!! :D What do you think, Richard????? :D

Yeah - take away her green Irish coffee until she tells us a really good joke!:D:D

Crashing the party - where does she think she is - the WHITE HOUSE?:D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2009, 01:08 PM
It got down to 8 here last night. Make my hot choco a double please? and 4 catnip teas for the brats. :D

Catherinedana
12-10-2009, 01:09 PM
How about this . . .

An Irishman , a Mexican and a Blonde Guy were doing construction work on scaffolding on the 20th floor of a building.

They were eating lunch and the Irishman said, 'Corned beef and cabbage! If I get corned beef and cabbage one more time for lunch, I'm going to jump off this building.'

The Mexican opened his lunch box and exclaimed, 'Burritos again! If I get burritos one more time I'm going to jump off, too.'

The blonde opened his lunch and said, ' Bologna again! If I get a bologna sandwich one more time, I'm jumping too.'

The next day, the Irishman opened his lunch box, saw corned beef and cabbage, and jumped to his death.

The Mexican opened his lunch, saw a burrito, and jumped, too.

The blonde guy opened his lunch, saw the bologna and jumped to his death as well.

At the funeral, the Irishman's wife was weeping. She said, 'If I'd known how really tired he was of corned beef and cabbage, I never would have given it to him again!'

The Mexican's wife also wept and said, 'I could have given him tacos or enchiladas! I didn't realize he hated burritos so much.'

Everyone turned and stared at the blonde's wife. The blonde's wife said,

'Don't look at me. The idiot makes his own lunch.'

gini
12-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Give that lady back her Green Irish Coffee - freshen it up a bit and let's all say

WELCOME ABOARD!!

Pinot's Mom
12-10-2009, 01:28 PM
OK - I think that one gets her in at least most of the way;) - how 'bout it Barkeep? ... Barkeep?? YO - BARKEEP!! Oh, where is he? Orc, go find him would you? :rolleyes:

catland
12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Good joke. :)

Down to 13ºF here in the morning. BRRR. But we're lucky because its been clear so no ice to deal with.

Transition happens this weekend when Pacific weather is due to scour out our Artic Blast. I'm sipping on a pumpkin-spice latte at the moment, so adding some baileys sounds like a most exellent idea.

For lunch, anyone want some a bowl of hot chili?

Catherinedana
12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Thank you so much!!

Hey, I crashed last week too. Do I need to find another joke?

Queen of Poop
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Excellent joke!!

Could I please get a ginger ale? My tummy is still not over the cleanout business. Food is not my friend yet. Or better yet, some hot ginger tea.

I checked our temperature it is 10oF and feels like 0oF, need some feel better and warming up liquids.

RICHARD
12-10-2009, 02:13 PM
I go outside to do a little wood gathering and everyone shows up!

QoP,
Proud of you, see? The test twasn't that bad!
Hot Ginger Tea!
DONE!

CD,

One Joke per Membership.

Oh no, Burritos again!:eek:

Hi Catland!
Some Bailey's for you!

Chili? I'll break out the bowls and crackers!
DONE!

PM,

Thanks for sending the ORC out, I dropped plastic pipe on my foot....He carried me back in!

Hey Miss G,
Glad you didn't go A over T!

Large hot, extra Bailey's

DONE!

Hi MOFF,

Hot choco and tea for the kids!

DONE!

Pom,
She managed to work a Mexican into the joke and insult the bartender!:eek:;):p

We'll leave her alone!

DONE!

Refresh you cup!

pomtzu
12-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Thank you so much!!

Hey, I crashed last week too. Do I need to find another joke?

Nah. But it does appear that security at the bar is about as good as at the White House. Orc must have been asleep at his post. :eek:

Queen of Poop
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Could I please get a tall, stiff drink. (in reality no way would my tummy accept it)

He cancelled my vehicle insurance and pulled a few other nasty tricks today so I need a belt!!!:mad:

Plus I'm heading out into the cold and could use some anti-freeze!!!

RICHARD
12-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Could I please get a tall, stiff drink. (in reality no way would my tummy accept it)

He cancelled my vehicle insurance and pulled a few other nasty tricks today so I need a belt!!!:mad:

Plus I'm heading out into the cold and could use some anti-freeze!!!

QoP,

My brother has tried to cut off the cable three times, the water and power twice and the phone twice. You are not alone.

One anti-freeze?

done!

Queen of Poop
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
QoP,

My brother has tried to cut off the cable three times, the water and power twice and the phone twice. You are not alone.

One anti-freeze?

done!

Good to know!!!:)

Now I need some snow repellant. It's in the forecast for the next 5 days!! I know its winter and I live in the "arctic" and all but jeepers, we don't need to get it all at once. How about a nice chamomile tea to help with sleepy time?

RICHARD
12-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Good to know!!!:)
How about a nice chamomile tea to help with sleepy time?

Chamomile tea?
Done!

LOL,
I have one of those wall clocks that give you all the info, date, time, temp...

It was 53 degrees this morning...

indoors!:eek:

Pinot's Mom
12-11-2009, 08:22 AM
OK - I missed bellying up to the bar last night, our FiOs went down, we have no phone or internet (both FiOs).:mad:
So a quick check in from work...

Good morning, all! We have left over zucchini walnut bread with whipped cream cheese, still just as good as yesterday! There's some Christmas spiced coffee on the warmer with some Bailey's since it's Friday!! Happy Friday!

On a side note - we all have to check in at the bar tomorrow - we'll be celebrating a BIRTHDAY!!:D

RICHARD
12-11-2009, 11:06 AM
ohh,
A birthday!

I'll have to get the ORC ready to roll!

Happy Friday, Back at ya!

Lady's Human
12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Okay, this is ridiculous. We went from summer to winter to fall and now we're back in BRRRRRRRRRRR Winter.

Orc's getting firewood, you're going to have to wait a bit before he can help you.

RICHARD
12-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Okay, this is ridiculous. We went from summer to winter to fall and now we're back in BRRRRRRRRRRR Winter.

Orc's getting firewood, you're going to have to wait a bit before he can help you.

Well, order something while we wait!

Since it's lunch time, how's about a tuna fish sandwich?

And BBQ tater chips?

Pinot's Mom
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm actually having a lovely lunch - it's a nice salad with a scoop of chicken salad on top and a great dill vinaigrette dressing. I get it quite often - I crave it sometimes! ...and since it's Friday - I'm having Chardonnay with it - anyone care to join me?:)

Karen
12-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, order something while we wait!

Since it's lunch time, how's about a tuna fish sandwich?

And BBQ tater chips?

Can I have a tuna fish sandwich on toast please? I so miss them in real life! But I am now allergic to everything - the tuna, the mayonnaise (olive oil or canola AND lemon juice), the celery, and most commercial breads have "malt" that I'm allergic to!

RICHARD
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Can I have a tuna fish sandwich on toast please? I so miss them in real life! But I am now allergic to everything - the tuna, the mayonnaise (olive oil or canola AND lemon juice), the celery, and most commercial breads have "malt" that I'm allergic to!

Of course you can,

I'll make you a Bumstead Special!:eek::D
DONE!

PM,

LOL,

I would not know dill from say, Carrot tops?

DONE!

Queen of Poop
12-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Could I get a huge mug of hot tea please?

It's snowing and getting colder. By Sunday the wind chill is to be -40oC. Big high of -26oC tomorrow.

RICHARD
12-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Could I get a huge mug of hot tea please?

It's snowing and getting colder. By Sunday the wind chill is to be -40oC. Big high of -26oC tomorrow.

Two mugs of tea.

Anything with a '-' in front is cold!
DONE!

Cinder & Smoke
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
It was 53 degrees this morning...

indoors! :eek:

OMG!

You'd better strike a match in the fireplace -
OR Ed's gonna pack a blankie and head for a warmer abode!

Kats get a lil *TENSE* when they can see their breath! :p

RICHARD
12-12-2009, 01:07 AM
OMG!

You'd better strike a match in the fireplace -
OR Ed's gonna pack a blankie and head for a warmer abode!

Kats get a lil *TENSE* when they can see their breath! :p

I stuff the grate with giant logs and just wake up to give them a spin all night long...In the morning, I start a small fire and stoke that all day long!
I slept in that day!:eek::o

Cinder & Smoke
12-12-2009, 01:35 AM
... In the morning, I start a small fire and stoke that all day long!

I slept in that day! :eek: :o

:eek:

Caution!

Da Big White KAT is likely to be *shufflin* down the Boulevard
lookin for SMOKE in the nearest chimney whilst you're "sleepin in"!

:o

slick
12-12-2009, 01:47 AM
**knock knock**
Anybody awake??? Awww, look at Orc snoring away on Phred's lap.
I'd better sneak in quietly tonight.

Things did not go well at work today. I made a major, major screwup. I stayed at work until 10:30pm trying to make it right. Have to go in tomorrow afternoon to finish the job. When all is said and done, we will lose a days work. Heads will roll, including mine. This is the second screwup I've made in the last few months. I know that both of them will show up on my performance appraisal next month. :( Ay yi yi yi yi....why don't they just give me a 2 year package, say good-bye and I won't let the door hit my arse on the way out.:(

I've hired a personal trainer and tomorrow he's coming to give me my first workout. His name is Stuart and I think he looks good in spandex......;) After he's done with me I have to go in to work.

In the meantime, I think I'll whip together a batch of slushies. I need to sit back and recall happy times......

Until tomorrow folks......

Pinot's Mom
12-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Gotta run, so real quick, Orc, you've got a job to do! Set up the bar for a party because it's DAVID P'S BIRTHDAY!! It's your responsibility to get the party started while I'm out!

HAVE A GREAT ONE, DAVID!!:D

davidpizzica
12-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Gotta run, so real quick, Orc, you've got a job to do! Set up the bar for a party because it's DAVID P'S BIRTHDAY!! It's your responsibility to get the party started while I'm out!

HAVE A GREAT ONE, DAVID!!:D

Thank you, Pinot's Mom. I'll get this party started! Tonight at supper, I'm going to have chicken cord'en bleu (spl?) and key lime pie, a garden salad,dinner rolls, and wine. YUM! A friend of mine played a version of Happy Birthday that was VERY unusual. For a present he'll put it on my mp3 player. I'm having FUN!

RICHARD
12-12-2009, 04:35 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!

Yeah, lets get this party started....

DONE!

Orc, Help me with the streamers!

Queen of Poop
12-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Mind if I huddle up by the fire? I'm freezing. Happy Bday David!! Sounds like you've had a good day and dinner. Currently not snowing here, but its -27oC and -36oC wind chill. Could I get a hot chocolate with a little anti-freeze?

Slick I hope you got your issue at work resolved and are feeling a little better now. Please give Max a hug and kiss from me.

Karen
12-12-2009, 06:01 PM
I'll make some hot chocolate to share - it's been December-like here lately - which is nice, given that November was far too warm to feel appropriate.

Marshmallows, min imarshmallows, marshmallow fluff or plain, Gayle?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Slick you have to work on Saturdays and Sundays???? :eek: sheeesh

extra (((HUGS))) to you and Sir Max :love:

Queen of Poop
12-12-2009, 08:37 PM
I'll make some hot chocolate to share - it's been December-like here lately - which is nice, given that November was far too warm to feel appropriate.

Marshmallows, min imarshmallows, marshmallow fluff or plain, Gayle?

Oh I love marshmallows, Could I get 3 regular size, they tend to float nicely at the top of the cup. Thank you!!!:D

RICHARD
12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh I love marshmallows, Could I get 3 regular size, they tend to float nicely at the top of the cup. Thank you!!!:D

Three large!

DONE!

Karen,

I thought there was a catch to a warm November!

More wood, Orc!

Karen
12-14-2009, 12:22 PM
The catches to a warm November are that cold germs and leaf mold spores survive a lot longer without a hard freeze, people have been sicker, and when the cold temps finally hit, folks were caught a bit off guard!

At least we still have a little snow still on the ground after yesterday's hard rain ...

Queen of Poop
12-14-2009, 12:49 PM
If there is any hot chocolate left I'd have another please. Freezing here. Even in my office my fingers are so cold it is hard to type. I've even got my jacket on to try to stay just slightly warmer.

RICHARD
12-14-2009, 01:43 PM
If there is any hot chocolate left I'd have another please. Freezing here. Even in my office my fingers are so cold it is hard to type. I've even got my jacket on to try to stay just slightly warmer.

Gather up some papers and start a fire in a wastebasket?;)

Hot choco and a little warmth!

DONE!

Karen,
Good weather?

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
12-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I seem to be developing a cold - could I please get some comfort food and drink? I would like some Vodka and citrus anything with a really good homemade mac and cheese, please!

RICHARD
12-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Hey,
I am getting over a real bad stomach bug.

hadn't been sick like that in a long time!:eek:

A screwdirver with M&C, with a really crunchy topping.

DONE!