PDA

View Full Version : Baby Update

popcornbird
12-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to update pet talk in a long time. Can you believe I am now in my 35th week of pregnancy? Just a few more weeks left. I'm sure our little one is busy packing his bags and getting ready to come out into the world. :love: I'm already done packing my hospital bag. We're getting more and more excited as the days go by.

His nursery is not complete yet, but we're getting there. We got a bassinett for him to sleep in our room for the first months, until we feel he's ready to move into his own room. Car seat is already set up in the car! We got him several warm and cozy winter outfits, and a couple of warm blankets. I'm concerned about caring for a newborn baby in the winter. You might think, "well, it is California...not too cold." Doesn't apply this winter....It is FREEZING...and by freezing, I mean literally dropping to below freezing every night/morning for the past few days, with ice all over the cars and rooftops. It was 27 degrees this morning. COLD.

Anyhow, just thought I'd update you all. I'm seeing my doctor every week now until delivery. Just a few short weeks left to go. I can't wait to hold our little baby in my arms. I get all emotional just thinking about it. :o

Karen
12-09-2009, 05:31 PM
How very exciting! What do Popcorn and Muffin think of all the changes in the house, and in their mommy?

And don't worry, sweetheart, baby will be fine. We know you'll keep him warm and safe no matter what! After all, many of us were babies in places where 27 was considered warm this time of year, and we lived through it!

Oh, and is your dear husband prepared to post on Pet Talk or at least email or call me when the baby arrives, so we can let Pet Talk know? I can PM you my phone number if you want!

Miranda_Rae
12-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I am very excited for you!!! It just seems that there are so many people having babies on PT, and people I know. :) Do you know if its a boy or a girl yet? Any names picked out? It sounds like you are prepared for it to join you guys at your house! :)

k9krazee
12-09-2009, 08:41 PM
How exciting! :love:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow, congratulations!!!

Time flies. I remember when you were basically a "kid" here on PT, then I remember when you got married, and now you're having a baby! Have I really been here that long? ;)

I know what you mean about California being freezing! It's getting down in the 30s here at night....I didn't think that ever happened!

I don't expect we'll see any pictures of baby since I don't think we've ever seen any pictures of you, but please remember to update us and let us know you're both healthy and everything went well!

Congratulations, again, I'm so excited for you! :D

cassiesmom
12-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Wow, only a few more weeks! Congratulations!

sirrahbed
12-10-2009, 04:47 AM
It made me so happy to read this update!:D

Cookiebaker
12-10-2009, 10:47 AM
yay for a good update!! I'm so excited for you, PCB!

About winter, I remember how stressed out i was when Lydia was born....she was born mid-February, and the day we brought her home from the hospital, it was a balmy -2 degrees. :eek: But its AMAZING how resilient they are...we always pre-warmed the car, and got one of those infant car-seat covers (it looked like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/INFANT-CAR-SEAT-COVER-EXCELLENT-USED-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ280433286993QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414b205f51 but our's was pink). The car seat cover was truly a life saver because it zipped over everything and kept the wind out of her face.

Just think! A few more weeks, and you will be holding that warm bundle of joy!!! Its such a miracle, isn't it????

Logan
12-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I have had you on my mind, so I'm very happy to see this update!! I do hope someone can alert us once your little bundle of joy has arrived.
God bless you! This is so exciting.
Logan

gini
12-10-2009, 12:02 PM
What a lovely and happy update! We will be anxious to hear when the baby is born. Take good care of both of "you" until the day arrives.

Catherinedana
12-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Perhaps a New Year's baby? That would be so cool! :D

popcornbird
12-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone. I forgot to add that my doctor said baby is already in the head down position. That was good news. Now let's hope he stays that way. ;)

We're expecting a little boy, and do have a name picked out, although I will probably remain silent about that until he is born. ;) We were told we'd have Internet access in the hospital room, so I could probably update after the birth. That being said, I do want the birth and recovery period to be a personal family time, so I'm not sure we'll be takin the laptop with us. Not sure I want that distraction there for my hubby. :p

My dear hubby took two weeks off work starting from the delivery date to be with me and the baby. Popcorn and Muffin are their normal selves. I'm not sure if they're noticing all the changes yet, but they definitely will when they hear the baby for the first time!

It is an amazing miracle. I am constantly amused by watching my belly move these days. He keeps kicking out his knee in one spot and then pulling it back in. It's hilarious.

I'm also happy that I have only gained 18 pounds so far. I'm pretty sure that should be easy to lose once the baby is born.

Edwina's Secretary
12-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I am in awe of your organization!

Happy thoughts for you Popcorn...and your husband and especially you soon-to-be baby!

Cataholic
12-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Popcorn and Muffin are their normal selves. I'm not sure if they're noticing all the changes yet, but they definitely will when they hear the baby for the first time!

Maybe they are allowing YOU to do all the nesting this time? LOL...or, when you return from the hospital, you might find a big, huge nest in place of the bassinet.

LOLOLOL.

Pinot's Mom
12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Congratulations - you're almost there, and it sounds like you're ready!

Keep us posted when you can! thanks! :D

finn's mom
12-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh, wow, this is an exciting time for you. It is so nice that your husband will be home with you. I loved having David home with me for two weeks. And, I only gained about 19 or 20 pounds, too, and it came off really quickly once she was born. Will you be breastfeeding? That definitely helps your body return to normal. I had a bitty belly for a week or so after she arrived, but it was only about 8 pounds. :) Can't wait to hear your boy's name and to see photos. Thanks for the update, and have fun! I am still loving every moment of being a new mom, I hope it's as smooth and wonderful for you as it has been for me so far. :love:

AdoreMyDogs
12-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow, you're almost there! Enjoy your last weeks of pregnancy. It's a beautiful time. I can't wait to "meet" the little guy :)

popcornbird
12-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe they are allowing YOU to do all the nesting this time? LOL...or, when you return from the hospital, you might find a big, huge nest in place of the bassinet.

LOLOLOL.

Oh, I hope they don't get any ideas like that. :p Right now they're in their 'winter-mode'...quiet, calm down, enjoying food, and showing no interest in nesting. They usually go into 'nesting mode' after February, when they do. I'm hoping they will delay it this year for until I'm settled with the baby. Of course the little birdies have minds of their own though!

I do intend to breastfeed, and am hoping it will work out for us. I hope to nurse for at least the full first year of his life.

36th week now! I can't believe I'm in the last month now, and baby will soon be considered full-term! I'm getting both really excited, and really anxious at the same time. I guess I am a little scared of going through the pains of labor and delivery, but excited about meeting God's precious gift to us. How did labor go for those of you who have little ones?

finn's mom
12-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I do intend to breastfeed, and am hoping it will work out for us. I hope to nurse for at least the full first year of his life.

36th week now! I can't believe I'm in the last month now, and baby will soon be considered full-term! I'm getting both really excited, and really anxious at the same time. I guess I am a little scared of going through the pains of labor and delivery, but excited about meeting God's precious gift to us. How did labor go for those of you who have little ones?

Get lots of help with breastfeeding if you need it. I had a tough time the first month or so, but stuck with it, and now it is a dream! Definitely worth it, so easy to just feed her when she's hungry without having to make a bottle...especially at times when I'm not expecting her to be hungry!

As for labor, the contractions I had were painful, and the epidural on my left side didn't "stick" so I felt a lot of pain even after the epidural was administered. My right side was great, no pain! But they had to keep increasing the dose to affect my left side, it was odd. I ended up having a C section, though, so I can't vouche for how actual labor is. I had hard continuous contractions for 12 hours, though, and when I did feel them, they hurt. It's all worth it, though! Just breathe, that helped me! And, don't be afraid to speak up if you feel strange about anything.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm so very excited for you and your husband!!!! I can't wait to 'meet' the new little one!

And about this winter.... YES California has been FREEZING! (Well, freezing for CA, that is);)
http://petoftheday.com/smiles/PetTalk_heart.gif
Keep up updated!!
:love: