PDA

View Full Version : flu symptoms

joycenalex
12-09-2009, 12:38 PM
well, it's happened, fever, chills, sweats so bad i had to change clothes and shower, body aches, headache and as soon as i type this,1-gonna drink some more blueberry juice and 2- i'm back to the recliner to nap, again. the dog and the cats are loving that tho, so that's a good thing right? :). i called my boss last night after the first round of sweats and called off today.

Donnaj4962
12-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh my.... I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. Keep those fluids flowing, and a fever reducer would be helpful. Enjoy your furry nurses! :love:

caseysmom
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. Drink lots of OJ.

Karen
12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Oh, Joyce, our sympathy. I get my flu shot tomorrow. I am glad you have the fur nurses to help you, there's nothing quite as comforting as a furry heating pad, is there?

Medusa
12-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Oh boy, good that you have your staff there to help you keep warm. I've been lucky; no flu for decades. Feel better soon. :)

sirrahbed
12-10-2009, 04:52 AM
That flu hits like a truck doesn't it? Thankfully I have not had it for about 40 years. Feel better soon!!

kitten645
12-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Feel better soon. Nothing beter than furnurses! Please be careful and get help if you feel more punie! Swine is not to be messed with!

joycenalex
12-10-2009, 07:51 AM
i got the swine flu shot on monday am, i work at a hospital, i have people coughing at all us alla the time(can forgive little kids, but if you're over 15, use some manners ya twit, turn your head!) and after the shot, my first chest radiograph ( she had pneumonia) hacked in my face and yes i could feel the spray (uck:eek:). well my doctor thinks it's my body fighting off /developing immunity, so no tamiflu. my temp broke last night about 2 am, again with a shower and change of jammies. i called off again and will go back tomorrow. more naps and furry heat seeking critters. tylenol is helping with the body aches and i'm taking some echneccia(spelling?) to rebuild my depleted immune system....and yes i washed my face, but not till the patient left the room...

anna_66
12-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Oh Joyce I'm so sorry to hear you've gotten the flu:( I really hope your feeling better soon.

joycenalex
12-11-2009, 04:58 PM
i went to work today, feeling about 60%...sigh, but better then tuesday and wednesday, i'm very greatful this is a mild case. thank you for aLL THE GOOD WISHES AND KIND THOUGHTS, THEY HELP ALOT:love::D:love: