PDA

View Full Version : Your mental/paper calendar?

RICHARD
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
The large local Ford dealership sends out a yearly calendar with it's car creations featured in it. It's the same shop/dealership that does the "Pimp My Ride" cars-Galpin Auto Sports.

(this year it's all Mustangs!)

----------------------------

Do you have a 'mental' calendar?

Are there dates you alway remember/observe?

Do you have problems remembering some dates?

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates?

Wall or pocket?

Where does it live?

Where do you get your yearly calendars?

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses?

Just curious.

Please add your customs or traditions on how you keep track of the year.:)

Taz_Zoee
12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I get my PT calendars (dog and cat). I also get an Australian Shepherd calendar from my mom each year. And we have calendars at ARF too. I'll be set with calendars this year.
I remember birthdays. Facebook actually helps with that. But otherwise I have some set up on my outlook at home.
I do write on my calendar at work when I have my nail appointment, vet or doctor appointments. But usually my memory is enough. Although, as I am getting older I am becoming more forgetful. :confused: I don't like it!

Grace
12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Do you have a 'mental' calendar? - absolutely!!

Are there dates you alway remember/observe? - I do remember family birthdays and anniversaries.

Do you have problems remembering some dates? - not the ones mentioned above.

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates?
Wall or pocket?
Where does it live?
Where do you get your yearly calendars? - I have a wall calendar in the kitchen. I get the same one every year - a Lake Superior calendar, with pictures of places on the Lake Superior shore line. There are lots of choices as the circumference of the lake is a bit over 1300 miles.

I also have an Old Famer's Almanac Weather calendar in the basket next to my computer.

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses?
- no

Funny you asked this today - this afternoon I spent an hour getting my 2010 calendar ready to go - added all the birthdays; made notes of when the cats need Vet appointments, all that sort of stuff.

RICHARD
12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Funny you asked this today - this afternoon I spent an hour getting my 2010 calendar ready to go - added all the birthdays; made notes of when the cats need Vet appointments, all that sort of stuff.

Close the blinds next time.;)

Casper
12-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Personally, I don't keep up with a calendar. I tried, but I could never remember to actually check it. I guess I just keep important dates of the near future up in my head. The only time I actually use a calendar is when I need to figure out what day of the week it is.

Grace
12-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Close the blinds next time.;)

Was that really you?

http://images-1.redbubble.net/img/art/size:large/view:main/2704333-2-little-peeping-tom.jpg

Freckles
12-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't/can't rely on a mental calendar. I'll blame it on age.

I've been using Calendar Creator Software for years. I enter important birthdays, anniversary's, appointments, etc. in the program. I make an 8 1/2 by 11 one month on each page version which I keep on my desk. It has a 1" square for entering data. A 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 booklet form goes in my purse.

I get lots of calendars in the mail and I put the one with cats or animals on my office wall.

Zekiirah
12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I seem to do better when my life is a bit of a "jumble," I suppose. Although, I don't do much lately except for school.

Everything important I tend to keep inside my head, and it works out alright most of the time. I guess I could call it selective memory, as I often forget about the latest homework assignments :rolleyes:

Last time I used a calendar devotedly was in 2006. I miss using one, as I have a lot of important things I wrote that I don't want to forget with age. However, shopping is on my hate list, and so finding a calendar I like is out the door.

~Zeki

Husky_mom
12-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Do you have a 'mental' calendar? yes I do

Are there dates you alway remember/observe? mostly me and my families bday...direct family I must add.. no auts, cousins or inlaws.. those i keep forgetting:p

Do you have problems remembering some dates? oh yeah..

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates? i actually try not to wirte on them

Wall or pocket? wall

Where does it live?
everywhere

Where do you get your yearly calendars? I get PT calendars.. and I ALWAYS have to get a husky one.. from wherever I find one.. or two.. I can[t have too many calendars.. and i don't even write anything on them..I sometimes even get duplicates in case one suffers anything...lol

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses? nope.. at work maybe..

jennielynn1970
12-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Do you have a 'mental' calendar? I use to have a "mental" calendar, but the mental doesn't work so well any more, lol.

Are there dates you always remember/observe? Some I remember year to year, like birthdays and special holidays. Others, not so much.

Do you have problems remembering some dates? If it's just some tedious thing I need to do, yes. If it's a haircut and shampoo at the stylist, heck no!

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates? Haven't kept a "paper calendar" for years. When I did it was a DayTimer.

Wall or pocket? ICAL only!!!

Where does it live? On my laptop. I LOVE MY ICAL!!!!

Where do you get your yearly calendars? I don't use yearly calendars, only my iCal.

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses? No, they go in the recycle bin.

Like I said above, the only calendar I use any longer is my iCal on my iMac. It's an electronic calendar and I can program it to remind me of special events and dates from hours to days to monthly to yearly. It's amazing and I love it. The only time I had a lapse was when my hard drive crashed and I lost all my dates and was in shock for about 2 weeks. :eek::p

anna_66
12-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Do you have a 'mental' calendar? I do, but it isn't always right;)

Are there dates you alway remember/observe? Birthdays, anniversaries

Do you have problems remembering some dates? Birthdays for sure

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates? Yes

Wall or pocket? Both, wall one at home and pocket one for work.

Where does it live? The home one lives on the door to the garage and my work ones lives in my server book.

Where do you get your yearly calendars? I've stopped buying them. Just too much money.

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses? YES!, they're free:D

Freedom
12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Do you have a 'mental' calendar? Yes, but it is getting more and more faulty, each year. :rolleyes:

Are there dates you alway remember/observe? Sure, the big stuff! Christmas, Thanksgiving, my birthday, my Mum's and Dad's birthday (even tho' Mum's been gone 16+ years)

Do you have problems remembering some dates? Definitely. For some reason, my BFF's birthday is one I never can remember!

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates?First I have a Calendar Guide Book. It lists each date through the year. You enter recurring events: birthdays, anniversaries, things like that.

Each December, when I get the new wall calendar for the following year, I set and go through entering all of these on the wall calendar.

Wall or pocket? The wall calendar has those big 1 inch square boxes to enter things. That is in the kitchen. I also carry a small planner in my handbag. That is used to make appts: doctor, dentist, etc. or Dad and me, and the 14 pets. I have to make sure I keep the 2 in synch!

Where does it live? see above.

Where do you get your yearly calendars? The pocket planner-- I buy every other year. It must be a certain brand which has space at the back for phone numbers. I only list a few, but they are key: AAA (with my ID number as I can never locate my card), one of Dad's key doctor's, a few others.

The wall calendar is always animal related. Often I get 2 or 3 rescue calendars in the mail. Last year I bought a bichon one or the first time.

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses? To my knowledge, no one around here gives them anymore!
[/QUOTE]

cassiesmom
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Do you have a 'mental' calendar? Yes, but it's always two days behind.

Are there dates you always remember/observe? Family members' and friends' birthdays and anniversaries, Cassie's Gotcha Day in February, and a couple of others that are sentimental to me.

Do you have problems remembering some dates? No, I've been on so few lately that they're all pretty memorable. :rolleyes: I've tried to make my college roommate's husband's birthday three days later than it actually is every year since I've known him ... I've almost always gotten my nephew's birthday two days ahead. I have a mental block on those two for some reason.

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates? I have a calendar in the kitchen, one in the bedroom, and I actually have two at work. I have a wall calendar on the pin board above my desk, and there was a page-a-day calendar on the desk when I started. The problem is that I have some things written on the calendar at home, and some on the one at work. They never quite match up!

Wall or pocket? A wall calendar.

Where does it live? Right above the phone in the kitchen, and on the left-hand side of my pin board at work.

Where do you get your yearly calendars? From the bookstore, Dollar Tree, or amazon.com. Sometimes from a charity I have given money to.

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses? I haven't been fortunate enough to get one!

Please add your customs or traditions on how you keep track of the year. Every December, when I get the following year's calendar, I go through and write in everyone's birthdays, anniversaries, and dates I need to keep track of. That doubles as a "count my blessings" opportunity. Facebook and the Pet Talk calendar also remind me of birthdays, which helps a lot!

Cincy'sMom
12-08-2009, 10:41 PM
I rely on my Outlook Calendar at work a lot.
I don't usually write thing on other caledars.
I always get the Nascar Pets Calendar that Greg Biffle puts out through his foundation and hang it at work.
We have one at home hanging in the kitchen, mostly to remember when we gave the Dogs their heartworm. Sometimes I buy one, other times we get one. Right now the leading canidiate is the free one we got from Michigan International Speedway.

DJFyrewolf36
12-09-2009, 03:24 AM
I use the calendar on my smartphone usually. My alarm for work is even programed in there lol. All of my appointments etc are programed in too...but I'm upgrading phones soon and now I'll have to re-program it lol.

The nice thing about paper is you never have to re-enter your information but paper has a habbit of disapearing especially around me...:rolleyes:

Catherinedana
12-09-2009, 07:38 AM
My mental calendar is faulty lately, especially since I have a lot more going on than I ever did before. I have calendars at work that are for work stuff and a desk calendar at home where I write down my personal stuff.

I am not great at remembering birthdays and such and personally don't think it's a huge deal but that's probably made me some enemies in my lifetime.

I always have a problem remembering if my wedding anniversary is November 5 or 6, but thankfully we have a picture of the two of us at the celebration that someone took and it has the date on it so I can always sneak over and look at that. I almost forgot this year :eek:

I got a really cool Quaker Parrots of Brooklyn (yes, they do live there! Cheeky buggers!) calendar for 2009 and hate to give it up. I need to see if there is one for 2010.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Do you have a 'mental' calendar?Yes, I'm normally really great at remembering dates. This pregnancy has totally changed that though. Lately I've been having a really hard time remembering names and dates.

Are there dates you alway remember/observe? I normally remember birthdays and anniversaries really well.

Do you have problems remembering some dates? lately yes, but not usually

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates? Not paper, no. I do however use the calendar on my computer.

Wall or pocket? Computer

Where does it live? On the computer ;)

Where do you get your yearly calendars? I don't

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses? I haven't gotten one in ages, but if/when I get one I don't hang it

joycenalex
12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Do you have a 'mental' calendar? yep

Are there dates you alway remember/observe? b-day, anniversaries, gotcha dates, RB days.

Do you have problems remembering some dates?oh yeah. oddly, this year i'm hoping to do a long weekend in feb as a midwinter break to a sunny place, and i'm having a problem recalling the exact end date so i can set up the flights and hotel most cheaply.

Do you keep a paper calendar where you do make notes of dates? a necessity

Wall or pocket? both, wall calander at home,has paydates, bills due, when i sent for that rebate, when princess peanut got her heartworm pill, the master list of dr appts, poker nights, vacation dates, when the exhibit we want to see ends, what weekend is the spring yard sale dates, the daily life stuff. the purse calander is for work dates as well, which job am i supposed to be at, start and stop times at the J-O-B and haircut appts, those i make 4 months at a time.

Where does it live? wall calander behind and above the kitchen radio (do other people still have a kitchen radio?) in plain site, the purse one sometimes hides, usually it's in the purse tho'. i got a stiff paper triangle calander 2 yrs ago that i loved for my desk, that had very cool dog and cat photos on it, and i'd like another one this year.

Where do you get your yearly calendars? i like month at a glance for the purse one, i do best with a deadline in my face. the wall calander is pretty big and i buy plain, no ad ones at staples or some office supply store. while i like the school year type ones, i never remember to buy the next years until november.

Do you hang the calendars that you get at your local stores/markets/businesses? they have gone to work with me for hanging there. i don't hang them at home tho'.

Please add your customs or traditions on how you keep track of the year.
i do the big dates when i get the calander-bdays, anniversaries, i do a monthly update the sunday before the start of the month to make sure i don't forget an appointment. i try to match the wall calander and purse calander at the same time, usually that works.