PDA

View Full Version : devestated

lv4dogs
10-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Oh what a terrible surprise when I came home from work yesterday. Someone had broke into my house. All the animals cages were opened and some tipped over. 3 of my rats: Hiwa, Suechi & Hatchette were scattered, dead, Thatchette was no where to be found until this am about 4 we heard chewing & it was her but we could not catch her. My ferret was missing until about 2 am and my dogs were all scared, pee everywhere and one is limping. My house is trashed, everything is scattered. Oh I am soo sad, mad & confused. To top it off my boyfriend left last night too. What a terrible day. I still can't stop crying. I wish I knew who or why they did this. So far nothing is missing. Oh I miss my ratties!! What a terrible way to go.:(

Logan
10-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Oh my. I am so sorry that you are experiencing this! :( Please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Logan

gini
10-10-2002, 10:04 AM
What a horrible experience for you. I am so very sorry. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Cookiebaker
10-10-2002, 10:06 AM
Oh my goodness! That was sooo mean!!!! :mad: Is your b/f involved somehow--like could he have done this to get back at you or something???

We will certainly be thinking of you, and hope you can catch the bad guy!

lv4dogs
10-10-2002, 10:49 AM
I really really doubt it as some of the animals were his. Also he left because I got mad at him for him getting mad at the dogs for not "protecting" the house. The poor dogs were very scared and one is injured so they probably did protect the house somewhat especially since nothing was missing. Our tv, vcr & surround sound system were all unplugged and moved so I think whoever broke into our house was going to take that but something stopped them.

angelpuppy
10-10-2002, 11:37 AM
How awful!! That is absolutely my worst nightmare about having my apartment broken into....as far as I am concerned, they could take or break absolutely anything I own, but leave my dog alone!! Why on earth would they harm your innocent pets, especially your poor little ratties?!? Ugh....some people are absolutely inhuman!! Just wanted to let you know that I am so sorry about what happened, and I'll have you in my thoughts!! Good luck with your recovery! We're all here for you!!

trisha0503
10-10-2002, 12:37 PM
WHat an awful experience :( SO sorry for losing your 3 rats.... Did you report the incident to the police? AT least the rest of the babies are ok... Hope things would also work out between you and your bf... He can't blame the dogs for not 'doing' anything ... He should at least be thankful that they are safe... Take care of yourself and the babies... If you're living alone, it would be a good idea to setup an alarm in your house...

Hope you feel better....

Karen
10-10-2002, 12:45 PM
Do report everything to the police, I'm sure you have.

We are so so sorry to hear about all this. I am sadly surprised at how cruel some people can be, but I am sure the dogs DID try to stop them, which is why they are now injured and afraid.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Perhaps you and your boyfriend will be able to reconcile, it was an awful, stressful time, when feeling are easily hurt.

gini
10-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Because of the viscious nature of this home invasion I would be extra cautious. I don't mean to scare you, but if they weren't able to get what they came for..........they might come again.

Is it possible to have someone be with you, especially if your boyfriend isn't taking any responsibility?

Take good care of yourself!

Sam's My Baby
10-10-2002, 02:10 PM
omg, I am soo sorry to hear this..how could someone do such a thing!:( I am so sorry about your 3 ratties!:( my thoughts are with you..

sammi
10-10-2002, 02:33 PM
How terrible to have happen. What did the police have to say? Try to get someone to stay with you for awhile and becareful.

lovemymaltese
10-10-2002, 02:39 PM
Oh my goodness, my stomach is in a knot from hearing that news. Why would someone do that. My heart bleeds for you. I am so sorry to hear about that. I will pray for your strength, what a terrible event.

Desert Arabian
10-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Oh my.... I am extremely sorry to hear about this. I must say "good job" for handling this pretty well, at least it appears so. If I came home to myhouse like that, I would be driving myself to a mental instatute- there would be know way that I could not go insane.

I am sorry, I hope everything gets taken care of and you find the person who did this horrible act.

-Laura
OrEo,PeAnUt,PuNkIn, NuGgEt, SwEeT PeA -the rats
SiR DuDlEy- the cat
JaCk-the Quarter Horse

jenluckenbach
10-10-2002, 03:53 PM
OMG that has always been one of my greatest fear, someone breaking in and the ANIMALs would be gone. I am so sorry you had to endure such a tragedy. Please try to have someone stay with you. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Stay in touch so we know you'r OK.

lv4dogs
10-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Thank you everyone. You guys helped me a lot. Even though I do not personally know you I almost feel like I do & your comfort sure helped me. Yeah the police are looking into it, they fingerprinted & everything. I am getting an alarm system hooked up tomorrow. I am staying at my mothers tonight. Believe me I almost turned myself into a mental institute. It sure is nervewrecking.

popcornbird
10-10-2002, 04:13 PM
OH MY GOSH! I'm soooooooooooooooo sorry! Who could have done such an evil thing? That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mean!!!!! Poor little ratties and POOR YOU!! I was soooooooooo sorry to hear this terrible news this morning! That is just awful! If the guy wanted to take stuff he should have at least left the poor animals alone! Poor you! We share your sorrow greatly! I can't imagine going through something like this ever! Poor little pets of yours! How could anyone have the heart to break in someone's house and hurt their animals? Its just awful! Please install a high quality alarm system in your home before sleeping there again! And keep your animals and yourself safe! Do you live in a high crime area? I'm glad you'll be staying with your mom until you get the alarm. I hope your fur kids will be staying there with you also. :(:(:(

Desert Arabian
10-10-2002, 04:16 PM
I'm glad to see you are making progress, I hope the police find some clues. Keep in touch!!!

Aspen and Misty
10-10-2002, 05:24 PM
O I am so sorry to hear about your horrible experince! NO one shoudl ever have to go through this! ::hugs:: I don't even know what I would do if this happned to me. I'm so sorry about your rats. I'm sure your dogs protected yoru house the best they could. Again I'm sorry to hear about this.

Ash

Please keep us updated on everything

Twisterdog
10-10-2002, 09:18 PM
I am so sorry this has happened to you. I can't imagine what you are going through. As well as being sad, angry and afraid ... there is always such a horrible sense of invasion and violation when things like this happen. It would be bad enough if these "people" (and I use that term loosely) had just broken in to your home and done damage or stolen things, but to have your animals killed and injured makes the entire situation SO much more heartbreaking and difficult to deal with.

In addition to following-though with the police and installing an alarm (which are great things to do) ... please also consider getting some professional counseling. Things like this manifest themselves in our minds in ways we are not even aware of, and this type of terrible incident can affect you deeply for a long time to come. It is almost like a rape, in a way.

My thoughts are with you. I hope they catch them, and punish them to the fullest extent of the law. I hope you are ok. Don't hesitate to seek help - this is NOT a small thing to have happen to you. Best of luck.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Words can't express how sad I am for you and your loss. It's hard enough to lose one dear animal but 3 at once is just beyond horrible. My prayers are with you and the sweet ones. I can't believe your boyfriend didn't think the dogs tried to protect your home. What if they had been killed too? Your tv and vcr and things are just stuff and can be replaced. Your pets are family and are priceless. (((HUGS))):(

Miss Meow
10-10-2002, 11:10 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope the person who did this is found quickly and dealt with. And hugs to your dogs too, they must still be traumatised by what they saw. Look after yourself.

NoahsMommy
10-11-2002, 12:26 AM
Wow. :( That is so horrible. :(

Please stay safe, OK? I am really glad you got that alarm...

Take care,
Kelly

lv4dogs
10-11-2002, 08:06 AM
Yeah some great news. I found Togette. I am soo happy made it alive and well! She is a lot friendlier to me now. She was soo happy to see me & i too was glad to see her. I felt bad for her loosing her 3 friends so I went to the pet store (I know I do not like pet store animals but..) and got her a new friend who she loves. She is a little agouti collored rat. I named her sunshine, for a couple reasons. One because she has bright yellow tips to he fur & the other reason is because between finding togette and getting her brought sunshine. I know you are supposed to and I have alwas quarantined any animal before but I just had to put them together.
My alarm is getting instaled today!!! And my boyfriend want to talk things over tonight. I guess it all turns out ok in the end but it is hard.
I took my one dog to the vet yesterday and just a sprained leg. He will be fine w/ a little rest & asprin. I am burying my 3 little ratties today. How sad. :(
I am slowly getting my house cleaned & organized again. No leads as to who did it yet. I hope hey get something at least very bad karma those idiots. It is not a high crime aea at all actually really really low. All my friends, relatives & neighbors I know pretty well & they are all nice and they all know I come home at various times throughout the day.

lv4dogs
10-11-2002, 08:08 AM
I forgot to add 1 very important thing... THANK YOU EVERYONE!! you guys & gals have helped a lot. This site is soo great & is like family! I truely appreciate your time & concern! Keep up the good work!

moosmom
10-11-2002, 08:32 AM
lv4dogs,

I am so sorry to hear about what happened and for the loss of your 3 little ones. There is nothing worse than feeling violated. And for those SOB's to hurt innocent animals is simply awful! I think you're right in believing the dogs DID try to protect the house.

You've got alot of great advice here. And I'm also glad that you and your b/f are talking things over. But like Twisterdog said, things of this nature have a tendency to manifest themselves, be it through emotions, dreams, whatever. I would try and seek counseling. Hang in there and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

angelpuppy
10-11-2002, 09:04 AM
Congratulations on your new rattie, Sunshine!! I'm sure she will help you cope with the terrible loss of your other rats. I hope you and your boyfriend are able to work things out. In traumatic situations, people can sometimes say and do things that are out of character. I hope that is the case here, as we all know your dogs must have tried valiantly to protect your home. Good luck getting it all straightened out! *HUG*

jenluckenbach
10-11-2002, 06:41 PM
I am so happy you found a little Sunshine (pun intended:) ). But tears welled up in my eyes again when you said about burying the sweet ratties :( . I am glad the pups injury was mild.
Our thoughts are still with you.

kingrattus
10-14-2002, 01:04 AM
Poor little ratties, I know how it feels to come home & ur ratties r dead, but in my case they were gone & all dead, all 7 of them, 2 put to sleep & the rest dumped in the forest to starve to death or be eaten by something. This happend almost a year ago for me & it still upsets me at times. I hope u find the SOB(s) who did this to u, I found mine, it was my mom :(

Sounds to me that while they were attempting to rob ur house one of ur dogs got in the way & was probly kicked & the yelp of the dog would have sent ur rotti into rage & who in their right mind is gonna rob a house with a pissed off Rotti.

This guy found out the hard way not to break into a house with a 180 pound male rotti, the guy ended up getting over 200 stitches, on his back, arms, legs, ummm his private parts, & belly. My x-friend told me it took them 3 days to clean up all the blood, off the walls & celling. It wasn't hard finding the guy after the attempted robbery tho. My friend is still wondering how the guy got out alive.

Ya, my biggest worry is that someone is gonna try to rob my dads apt. & well Max wont let that happen, & we know that if the person is desperate enough they will kill the dog(s). The town my dad lives in is a high crime town, it was listed as the countries most dangerious town to live in for 20 yrs or more. There was murder after murder, rape after rape, robbery after robbery & so much violence & drugs galore. The town only had about 9,000 people at that time. The town has been cleaned up for the past 5-10 years, rape is way down & murder has been 0 for several years now, drugs have gone down a wee bit, not much. & the town is being fixed up, it actually looks nice for once. The town got smart & fired all their bad cops & got good ones & has gotten the OPP to help clean it up, there r now 2 OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) departments in Smiths Falls/Ontario/Canada

Oh & some good news, I have a chance to work for the OPP YAY, I'll be dispach & will be back in my home town again, yay to 18 buck an hour, too bad its almost worthless eh?

RockyRoad
10-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Ooooh you poor thing!! What kind of retard would find fun in destroying a home and killing animals! L4Ds, I am so sorry this happened to you. I cannot imagine walking home one day and finding out that someone had broken in. And worst of all, people cannot say "well at least nobody got hurt" because they did! I do not know what to say the last thing you probably want is for everyone to pity you, I know I hate it. I'm so glad that you found Togette and got him a new friend. Poor puppy I hope he gets better soon. And you're right, this place is a family! Some arguments (hehe mostly involvng me), and lots of love! Glad things are getting better and that you will have a new alarm system. Sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier I just woke up lol I am a late sleeper. :D

lv4dogs
10-15-2002, 02:02 PM
Things are falling back into place, my house is cleaned, alarm is working, my boyfriend & I are back together & another new rat. When he came over to talk he brought me a rat. She is soo cute I named her Lil Love. She is a dumbo lilac hooded. The police heard from a local hospital or doctor that later the same day a man called saying he had 2 mild dog bite wounds but would not give his name, any info and refused treatment. But other than that no leads. In a way I hope my dogs bit him & bit him good but then on the other hand I do not want my dogs bitting anyone.

Cincy'sMom
10-16-2002, 04:31 PM
I read this much after the fact, but I am glad things are getting better. I can understand you not wanting your dogs to bite anyone ( I don't want mine to either) but in that situation, have at it.) As hard as it was to loose your little ratties, be thankful you weren't there...the outcome may have been much worse. Hope things continue to get better and that the police are able to find the idiots that did this to you.

toughCookie
10-16-2002, 06:23 PM
oh how terrible! I just saw this thread. it is so scary, what an awful feeling that had to be for you to come home to discover that. Im really sorry for your pets. how are they, the dogs, doing now? do you live alone? be careful. what a horrid thing for someone to do, it is awful enough to break in someones house, and mess it up, and then to steal or try to, but why hurt animals?
I don't know what I would do in your case, it is something that really scares me, not losing a vcr but having my cats scared or hurt.

do you have any idea now who might have done this?
sounds like maybe some dumb kids, because I would think that someone that really wanted to steal would have got the stuff and got out of there, not hang around hurting animals and trashing the place...:(

10-17-2002, 04:44 AM
OMG !!! I only discovered this thread today .....
What a terrible and mean thing to do !! I hope your dog and rats have bitten the intruder all over , and that he gets lots of infections there !!! What a monster ... ! Poor ratties ... it must have been so scary for all of your pets !

Accept my sympathy too ! I am happy to hear that you are back together with your boyfriend ; and let Sunshine bring lots of sunshine in your life !!

ChewmonkeyBC
10-17-2002, 07:30 PM
O im sooo sry..it sounds like your dogs really tried their best at protecting the house.....hope fully the person(s) that broke into the house did get bit-kinda mean but i think they diserve it!!!:mad:

Kay

FCR