PDA

View Full Version : Future Mother in Law Help Please!!!

Miranda_Rae
12-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Alright I havent been on here a lot lately because I have been busy with wedding stuff, but heres my problem and I need some advice please.

My future mother in law is rather lets just say difficult. We are getting married February 20th and I have already sent out my side of the invitations. I have been asking her since JULY to get addresses for Michael's side of the family rounded up and give to me. Well now she has refused to give us addresses unless my fiancee sits down with her and does it with her, although I do not see the point in this as he does not know his side of the family very well. Now the thing is they set up a time to do it and she was a no show. Now I do not know what to do! I'm running out of time and I really want his family to be included, even if they can not come but to at least get an invitation. I finally gave up asking her and left it up to Michael. I do not know what to do! Do i say I need them by the end of the week or else they do not get mail or do I just let her procrastinate or what?!?! I do not know how be polite but not let her walk all over us. She told him that if he doesn't sit down with her and do it she will not help him with anything. :eek: Please help me figure out what to do! Thanks!

Pinot's Mom
12-07-2009, 09:23 PM
My feeling is he invites who he knows from his side without additional input.

Catlady711
12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Unless the lady had a valid reason for a no show (hospitalization, legit family emergency, etc) then I agree with the above. Have your future hubby send the invitations to those he knows and if/when she complains tell her that there was a deadline and she no showed so you made due the best you could.

caseysmom
12-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I agree with the above, its her loss. And by the way...good luck with her as a mil!

sparks19
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
after this I would hand it over to your fiance to handle. he showed up and she didn't... he needs to handle it from there and do what he thinks needs to be done to either get the addresses he wants or forget about it all together.

Karen
12-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Ask your fiance if he has a beloved aunt or uncle who would have the addresses that you could call, as his mother was a no-show.

happylabs
12-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Ask your fiance if he has a beloved aunt or uncle who would have the addresses that you could call, as his mother was a no-show.

Ohhh good advice!

Did you see the movie Monster in Law?

I hope it works out for you. You honestly do not need the extra stress when planning a wedding.

Cataholic
12-08-2009, 11:39 AM
And....to add to the PP, 6 weeks is kind of typical for a wedding invite, isn't it? You have some time, still. :)

Miranda_Rae
12-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Yes I have seen Monster in Law, and alot of the stuff that that lady does is very much like her. :eek: I talked to my fiancee and he said that hes going to find some addresses for me and if she complains about it then thats her fault. She is such a joy to work with. She even told me that I have to dress more revealing!:eek: Who does that?!?! The aunt thing is out of the question because they are not real close in their family.