PDA

View Full Version : Vision Question

heidiv
12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
I have been wondering since I am new to the whole dog world..Can dogs see T.V.? I was watching the Movie Lady and the Tramp on U tube (Cause I am particularly in love with Siamese) And Maddy LOVED the movie clip!! She watched it not once but both times I played it for her...It was super cute!! But I am wondering if it was the sound or actually the movie animation that she was so mezmorized by???

*LabLoverKEB*
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Yes, dogs can see the tv. :) Actually, a lot of dogs will actually sit and watch the tv/movie with their humans.;) Your dog was most likely interested in the sound, though.

MonicanHonda
12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Certain things catch Delta and she will sit there, leaned back like a human, and watch the tv. We say her favorite show is married with children because she loves the 'love and marriage' song. Whenever she hears it, she stops and looks at the source of the music. Lol

Asiel
12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I think they do. I have a dog here that sits up and watches any movie with a dog or horse in it. And she'll often check out sounds or certain music coming from the t.v. The other dog will look and go back to sleep.

pomtzu
12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Sure they can see it. Why not??? Sparky lays on the end of my bed and watches it quite often. He's initially attracted by the sounds I think, but once it has his attention, then he will watch for quite some time. He goes nuts if he hears dogs barking. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
12-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh I forgot to add, but I think just about EVERY dog does this. When a doorbell on tv rings, she trots over to the front door growling.:rolleyes::p

Taz_Zoee
12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
My RB kitty Taz used to watch TV. And Zoee does too. She especially freaks out when there is any kind of animal on the screen. But just the other night she was watching it and we were talking to her about it. She looked over at us and turned back to continue watching the TV. LOL So you knew she was actually watching it.

heidiv
12-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback...I kinda thought so cause everytime Animal Planet is on or anything with dogs she watches very intently...She also loves the movie Bolt.She watched the entire thing from beginning to end...So cute!

Alysser
12-09-2009, 12:20 PM
RB Sassy watched Blues Clue's a few times. :D