PDA

View Full Version : See Post About Apollo - Health Section

Anikaca77
12-07-2009, 03:47 PM
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2214836#post2214836

here is a thread I wrote about Apollo and him having the runs and sleeping A LOT. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Melissa

catmandu
12-07-2009, 04:25 PM
No pratical advice , but Many Prayers are coming for Awesome Appollo . the Owesome Orangie , a Wonderous Orangie Cat of the Future!!!
What a Dear Little Happy Cat , and Our Owesome Orange Angels are staying with Appollo to help him get better!!!
:love::love::love::love::love:

Anikaca77
12-07-2009, 05:40 PM
There is now blood in apollo's poo not very much but I'm worried about my little guy. My husband did some research and Feline Irritable Bowel Syndrome kept coming up.

please say a little pray for our little guy.

Thanks,
melissa

momcat
12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Melissa, When Groucho was a baby he had a potty problem too. With the help of our very compassionate and capable vet she changed his food and the problem cleared up. Please be assured that many prayers are being prayed for your sweet Apollo. Please let us know how he's doing? And could I ask you to give him some feel better scritchies and lovies from me? :love:

Anikaca77
12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Thank you so much.

Melissa

momcat
12-08-2009, 07:46 PM
How is Apollo feeling today? His friend Groucho wants to know.

Anikaca77
12-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks for asking, Apollo was very sleepy yesterday, he did eat though so that's always a plus. He went to the bathroom last night and there was no blood in his stool so I'm very happy about that.

I contacted my old vet that I used to take Claudia and Ashley when I only had 3 cats and I could afford them :) and I told him about my little guy Apollo. I told him my husband wasn't working at the moment so we don't have a lot of extra cash and he told me to fax over the information on Apollo and he'd be glad to take a look at the results and give us his thoughts.

He also mentioned that most vets don't run a 13 panel test they only run a 6 panel test.

I don't know if my vet ever runs a 13 panel test or if it's more expensive but I think I would of liked to have been given the option if that was the case.

Anyway, I'll be getting's Apollo's blood test results today at 12 so after that I will fax over everything on Apollo to my old vet and see what he has to say.

Thanks for asking
Melissa

catmandu
12-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Michael and Miquelito are very concerned about thier Owesome Orange Friend Appolo as well.
As are All Of Our Orange Porch Angels.
We are praying that this will pass the way it has for many Kittens and that Apollo will be a Big Heroic Cat like his namesake!!
:love::love::love:

Catlady711
12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Glad to hear he was eating and no blood today, that's good news!

He also mentioned that most vets don't run a 13 panel test they only run a 6 panel test.

I think it depends on the vet.

Where I work for general blood screening we run 6 panel tests (ALT, ALKP, BUN, CREAT, GLU, TP), those usually cover most of the basics of liver, kidneys, and glucose. If the vets have reason to think a specific thing is wrong, or require more in depth testing they'll add more tests. And there's a whole bunch of them they can add if they need to. We generally do ours in house so we have results faster, but there are times when we need alot of answers, it's more cost effective for the client to send the lab work out.

I have seen faxed records from other places where they typically run anywhere from 8-12 tests, or even send in all their lab work to an outside lab which runs way more tests than that.

So I still think it depends on the vet.

Anikaca77
12-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I updated this in the Health Section.