PDA

View Full Version : What have I done?

RICHARD
12-07-2009, 11:00 AM
A winter storm began last night and I did some pre-rain arranging of the Hotel
Cat-lifornia of the eating arrangements.

I put the bowls under the porch and this morning went out to feed the clan - I was startled when one jumped out from behing the door where he had taken up residence.

I put down the food and went back inside.

------------------

About two seconds later I hear my little fren SCREAMING his head off.

I look out the window and there his is, pacing up and down the stoop,
looking for a way in. As I turn from the door, I almost step on the Edster, who has also taken an interest in all the racket going on outside.:eek:

Luckily, all the commotion has died down. I will have to go back outside in a few minutes to grab some wood for the fire.....

Pray for me!;)

happylabs
12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
LOL! I think I warned you about feeding the stray ones. :D You may start out with one or two but eventually you will have a whole herd. That is what happened to me. Of course, I live in Amish country of Pennsylvania. I have a photo somewhere of about 10 to 12 cats on my deck. It got to the point where I couldn't afford to feed them all sadly. Most of them did get good homes though.

Will Ed protect you?

moosmom
12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
RICHARD,
Anyway you can take him in? Ya think the Edster will approve??? Please, give this poor guy a permanent home

lvpets2002
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
:love: Yes for sure Richard take the wittle one in.. The baby is begging you..
RICHARD,
Anyway you can take him in? Ya think the Edster will approve??? Please, give this poor guy a permanent home

catmandu
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
You know Richard we have thought for a while that Edster needs a protege:D
A Little Friend to pass down all of his accumulated knowledge to:cool:
Sort of like a Sylvester and Son Situation without the Kangeroo.:)
And Edster may just be lonesome Richard , every Creature of Our All Loving God above needs another of his species to be a pal to.:love:
Its Pet Mas Richard :cool:
Please give A Kitten a Home:love:
You and Edster will feel so good :love::love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
My brother started feeding ONE stray too. Now he has 6 inside and will soon bring in number 7. Plus still feeding 8 more outside. :eek: :D :love:

katladyd
12-07-2009, 05:43 PM
C'mon Richard! You just can't have only one cat. Look at how happy and well adjusted us multiple-cat owners are! Uh, never mind.

MoonandBean
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Screaming to be let in, you say? Gah! Let him in :rolleyes:

Freedom
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM

I look out the window and there his is, pacing up and down the stoop,
looking for a way in.

And you only LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW? My goodness, I'd have had that door open with a welcome mat SO fast .. . .

RICHARD
12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I would love to open the doors for all the kittehs!

I just cannot do it.

It's a long story and I would hate to bring them in, get them used to the situation, then have to rehome them.:(

It's complicated, but I'd I can't predict the future.

------------------

I grabbed iorewood and had to watch my steps the whole trip.:eek:;)

It was rainy and I didn't think the little stinker would follow me all around the yard.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I would love to open the doors for all the kittehs!

I just cannot do it.

It's a long story and I would hate to bring them in, get them used to the situation, then have to rehome them.:(

It's complicated, but I'd I can't predict the future.

------------------

I grabbed iorewood and had to watch my steps the whole trip.:eek:;)

It was rainy and I didn't think the little stinker would follow me all around the yard.

That's what I said about taking Winnie and Angel in. But I decided at least they could have a good life for as long as possible with me. At least they have a chance where out on the street, they would have little. :love:

Medusa
12-08-2009, 06:27 PM
You know your circumstances better than anyone, RICHARD. I'm feeding and housing LBK right now and after a couple of months, he's finally coming a little nearer and he mews but only at night. (Can't figure that one out.) Perfect world, I'd take him in but my 6 are all I can handle, even more than I can handle sometimes. The vet bills are staggering. Do your best for him (we all know you will) but have no guilt about not taking him indoors. You have your life and Ed's to consider, too. :love:

cassiesmom
12-08-2009, 08:17 PM

I look out the window and there he is, pacing up and down the stoop,
looking for a way in.

Why was he screaming, I wonder? Was he okay?