PDA

View Full Version : Scooter is going to the white coats....

Trinityagain
12-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Think happy thoughts for my Scooter cat tomorrow morning. He has a front claw that looks like it is trying to turn back into his paw. He is running, playing, attacking the scratching post with both paws. The only way you would know there is a problem is because he won't put it down on the floor when he is sitting....so we go in at 11 tomorrow.....

catmandu
12-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Michael has that once in a while and I have to clip the offending nail back and disinfect his paw pad.
Thats leads to one of our less than hapy moments together, but afterwards I know he feels better.
:cool::cool:
I have to watch as sometimes he gives no clue that his paw hurts.:(
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/meowies2615.jpg

Anikaca77
12-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Prays coming for Scooter.

Melissa

Freedom
12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh Scooter!

Yes, I've had that happen. Seems to start if I clip their nails too TOO short. Then the whole piece grows, as I've clipped off the part which grows narrower and narrower. For my crew, it is the dew claw this happens. It ends up looking like a dime size of nail, not a claw at all!

Watch what the vet does, you CAN repair this at home in future.

momcat
12-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey there Scooter,
I'm so sorry to hear that you have an ouchy paw :( We all know that's no fun. Don't worry sweetie, your Meowmie and your whitecoat will help you feel better. Sending you lots of positive vibes and many prayers. Be sure to ask Meowmie to give you lots of feel better scritchies and lovies from me :love:

Trinityagain
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
All better. We are in the process of switching over to a new vet and I absolutely love Dr Greg. He is so good with the pets, the techs are awesome...it took me longer to get there than it did to take care of Scooter's ouchie! Snip! And that claw was outta there! They gave him a shot of antibiotic to avoid infection and we don't have to give him meds or anything...loved that part. He was so good for them. The tech was holding him afterward and Scooter just curled up in her arms like a baby...I think I almost didn't get him back! :eek: Thank you all for the happy thoughts and prayers. Scooter and I both appreciate them...PTers are the best!

Freedom
12-08-2009, 07:03 PM
All better. . .PTers are the best!

Amen to both!

Trinityagain
12-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Scooter was sitting on the bathroom cabinet this morning, his favorite place while hubby and I shower...and I told him how happy I was to see both feet resting on the surface (instead of one held in the air since it hurt)...I turned away...and when I turned back the little stinker was holding the paw up! I told hubby that Scooter just really enjoyed all the extra lovins he got yesterday...so of course I had to pick him up and give him some more snuggles....they really know how to work it don't they?:rolleyes:

momcat
12-12-2009, 04:45 PM
....they really know how to work it don't they?:rolleyes:

Do they ever! When Soncat first started horseback riding lessons, the instructor told the kids that the horse has the inteligence of an average two year old. Her point was the kids are smarter than the horses. But really, have you ever met a dumb two year old?

Freedom
12-12-2009, 05:20 PM
He he, Scooter, was it the snuggles you wanted, or the extra treats? :D

phesina
12-12-2009, 07:11 PM
So glad to learn about Scooter's wonderful new vet and what a great job he did getting rid of the troublesome claw. Well done to everyone concerned!