PDA

View Full Version : My apt building was on fire a couple days ago

king2005
12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I wont get into too many details as I have already written a long blog about it here http://kingrattus.net/blog **Caution I swore a little**

Digi, Cam & myself are just fine, so is our home. The fire was contained within the apt it started in (3rd floor, we're on 12).

I still can't believe how good Cam was. I know cats are the kind of pet to go into hiding to never be found during fires or scary things (OMG the fire alarm was painful & I could feel it, it was that powerful).

Well apparently Cam isn't that kind of cat. She was perfectly behaved & obeyed. Even when I had to stand for 2hr with digi on a leash & Cam in a travel bag (her head was poking out).

She just stayed there & looked at everyone. it was very noisy as people were freaked out, kids were crying, & the police were trying to talk on top of people to help keep everyone calm & to re insure the fire is under control.

Cam is scared of new people. She will run away from them & hide (until I call her out & hand her to them, then she's ok after they scratch her head the way she likes it). So when people came up to us & started petting Digi & Cam, I was surprised Cam was ok with it. She just stayed with her head poked out & enjoyed the head scratches. She didn't purr during the whole ordeal though, so she was scared.

I think Cam was ok during the wait as Digi would jump up to lick her & Cam was very close to me. Even when Digi would jump up & clobber poor Cam on the head with her paws, Cam didn't move an inch, nor meow.

Good kitty :D :love:

Karen
12-06-2009, 02:43 PM
How lucky that no one was hurt, and Cam deserves extra yummy treats for being SUCH a good kitty even with all that noise!

catmandu
12-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I remember when that happened years ago when I lived in a downtown apartment.
There was a fire scare and when I went into the lobby, I was astounded!!!
It looked like a Cat and Dog Show even though there was a clause in the lease against Pets.
Shortly after that I saw Pouncer , My First Cat alone in a Pet Shop , and I said why not!!!
That was a decisive day in my life and from then on I was Catmandu!!
:love::love::love:
We are so glad the Cam didnt panic and run away.
She does deserves a Temptations Reward!!!
:love::love::love:

king2005
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Cam got her raw Organ early as a reward & so did Digi. No outside treats allowed in the house with Digi's sever allergies.

Cam eats the same food as Digi so there are no chances of a near death experience again. + Cam just LOVES the food, my goodness, she meows while eating it hahaha:love:

Lilith Cherry
12-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I am so glad that you , Cam and Digi are safe and didn't lose anything in the fire scare - especially each other! Lots of loving pets for them and a big hug for you Jess!:)

moosmom
12-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Glad everyone made it out okay.

46 years ago this Christmas we had a house fire. It was not pretty.

That's the one thing I worry about with apartment living. You could be the most conscious person in the world when it comes to your own safety. But it only takes one defective or old electric blanket spark, one cigarette that someone falls asleep with or one burning candle that gets knocked over to devastate an entire apartment building and their residents, both fur and non-fur. When you are forced to share living in a building with other residents, you are at the mercy of their living style (for a better choice of wording).

I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas.