PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Ideas...

carole
12-03-2009, 09:28 PM
I was thinking some people have some amazing ideas of how to make decorations,and all sorts of things for xmas time, and thought maybe we could all share some of them,besides i need an idea, i am having a lot of trouble finding some xmas napkin rings, so if anyone can share their ideas of what i could use or make some please do share.

I saw an idea in a xmas shop, which i thought was quite cute and I am going to use it on my festive table on xmas day, they had used xmas tree baubles with a flat bottom and put name tags through the top, i went on the computer into word and found some fancing writing and have printed out everyone's name that will be sitting at the table, i then will cut them out with pinking scissors and put them in the top of the bauble, there is a perfect little place where you usually hang them from and put them on the xmas table mats.

So hey if you have any bright ideas please post and can help me out with the xmas napkin rings, be much appreciated. cheers.

sparks19
12-03-2009, 09:49 PM
you can make beaded ones quite easily :) Get some memory wire (it holds it's shape)

http://www.black-bear-haversack.com/images/Necklace%20Memory%20Wire.JPG

put some festive beads on it and curl the ends :)

Karen
12-03-2009, 10:10 PM
You can buy some green yarn and red ribbon, and then some curtain rings - they sell plastic or wooden ones at craft or hardware stores. Wrap the green yarn around two rings next to each other, so it'll be thicker, a couple layers deep, and tuck in the end and glue. Then tie a piece of ribbon in a nice bow. If you want make them extra festive, of course you can add glitter, but voila - wreath napkin rings!

carole
12-04-2009, 02:13 AM
Thank you both, creativity is not one of my good points,but i think i can manage this one lol.