PDA

View Full Version : Started Lupron Injection - Menopause (Husband off for the next 4 weeKs)

Anikaca77
12-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi as some of you might know I have Stage 2 Endometriosis.

Yesterday I started the Lupron Injection after much consideration and thought.

I think I might have started this a bit too soon though because the stresses of my regular life seem 10 times bigger than what they probably are but maybe not.

My husband is off work right now due to a stress fracture possibly a torn ligament or something. He's having an MRI done today and hopefully tomorrow will can find out those results as to whether he can return to work or not.

He's been off work since Nov. 14th. Apollo our kitten we rescued on Aug. 7, 2009 and we've had him at the vets for all of his shots and he was recently fixed.

We have spent close to $700 on just him, not including a blood test that they have to do tonight at 6 p.m. and send it away to a lab to see if he has Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or not which that test will cost $120.

We already owe our vet so much money and I'm just stressing because I'm going through menopause, the lupron puts your body through menopause to stop the endometrial lining from growing and hopefully it will stop the adhesions that have formed and calm everything down so I don't get my severe cramps on my left side. The not so fun part of the lupron injection is hot flashes, mood swings, etc. and I'm only 29 years old. I did the lupron injection back in 2003-2004 and it helped with my endometriosis until Aug. 08 and then the pain came back and I had surgery for it this past Aug. 09 but the relief only last about a month and then the pain came back.

I just don't know how we are going to deal with all this and I'm worried that my husband will be off work a lot longer till his foot heals.

Maybe I could ask for a pray that things will turn out ok.

Thanks,
Melissa

ramanth
12-03-2009, 05:44 PM
*HUGS* Melissa. I'm Stage 3 myself.

I hope you have better luck with the Lupron than I did. I only got one injection and hated the side effects so I requested no more injections.

Stress really does affect endo (at least for me). I was treating my endo with birth control pills for a number of years (3 months straight no fillers, then one month normal). I recently decided I didn't want to take the pills anymore in case I ever decide to start a family and get my body readjusted to a "normal" cycle.

In the meantime I've been going to a chiropractor and I feel great. Last month, she adjusted me and I mentioned that I was 3 months late. She adjusted my pelvis, two days later I start my period and for the entire week I had NO pain. I tell you what.... no cramps are awesome. I've never experienced anything like it before. Such a blessing. :)

Medusa
12-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Prayers going up for you right now, Melissa.....

Catty1
12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi, Melissa. (((hugs)))

There is a forum called Hystersisters.com There is a section there on alternatives, including many women who suffer from endometriosis.

Some women have had to have a hysterectomy as the endo kept coming back. If you want kids and haven't had any yet, it is a really hard decision.

But go have a look and you might read about other options that women have tried.

EVERY woman on that website - including the moderators - have BEEN there. It's all just us girls!

Good luck!

Karen
12-03-2009, 08:08 PM
You'll be in our prayers.

krazyaboutkatz
12-04-2009, 01:41 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

carole
12-04-2009, 02:19 AM
So Sorry to hear of your many troubles, hoping will all my heart that things change for the better and you feel better both you and your husband, and your financial worries ease, take care and huge hugs.

Anikaca77
12-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Thank you all for your prays. My emotions seem to be more in controlled somewhat. I've only almost started crying once today at work but I was able to stop it.

My husband told me today that he can't get short term disability until he's at his current place of employment for 5 years. He can't get long-term disability unless he's going to be off for 8 month.

He can get medical leave but it will be unpaid and we will have to pay our insurance costs and oh yeah depend on my little income for paying rent and food. We haven't heard back from his food doctor yet about what's going on with his foot but I don't think he will be able to go back to work because he's still having a lot of foot pain.

My husband is feeling pretty crappy right now because he doesn't have family other than me and this time of the year is never easy for him. I'm trying to have hopes that things will work out but this time of the year I thought things were supposed to be good and happy.

I had my first hot flash yesterday afternoon but it wasn't too bad.

Thanks again for the prays,
Melissa

Anikaca77
12-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Were you given and add-back therapy to go with the Lupron injection?

Melissa

*HUGS* Melissa. I'm Stage 3 myself.

I hope you have better luck with the Lupron than I did. I only got one injection and hated the side effects so I requested no more injections.

Stress really does affect endo (at least for me). I was treating my endo with birth control pills for a number of years (3 months straight no fillers, then one month normal). I recently decided I didn't want to take the pills anymore in case I ever decide to start a family and get my body readjusted to a "normal" cycle.

In the meantime I've been going to a chiropractor and I feel great. Last month, she adjusted me and I mentioned that I was 3 months late. She adjusted my pelvis, two days later I start my period and for the entire week I had NO pain. I tell you what.... no cramps are awesome. I've never experienced anything like it before. Such a blessing. :)

moosmom
12-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Oh Melissa!! I'm so sorry you're having to go through that. When I had my hysterectomy, my doctor wanted to put me on hormones and I said no. The risks far outweigh the benefits.

Every case is different. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, girl.

:love::love::love:
:love:
Donna and fur crew

lvpets2002
12-04-2009, 11:19 AM
:) Same here too.. Lots of Huggss & Prayers from Texas.. Melissa..
Oh Melissa!! I'm so sorry you're having to go through that. When I had my hysterectomy, my doctor wanted to put me on hormones and I said no. The risks far outweigh the benefits.

Every case is different. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, girl.

:love::love::love:
:love:
Donna and fur crew

Anikaca77
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
My husband got back his MRI results.

He has a rupture tendon in his foot and he was told that he can go back to work as long as he wears his boot. The only problem with that is his work won't let him go back to work.

They said he needs to be in substantial footwear. I'm stressing a bit but what can I really do at this point. My lupron injection is going on overload I think at the moment, I broke down crying again at work, I'm sure they are already sick of me.

I better go.

Melissa

Medusa
12-04-2009, 03:50 PM
My husband got back his MRI results.

He has a rupture tendon in his foot and he was told that he can go back to work as long as he wears his boot. The only problem with that is his work won't let him go back to work.

They said he needs to be in substantial footwear. I'm stressing a bit but what can I really do at this point. My lupron injection is going on overload I think at the moment, I broke down crying again at work, I'm sure they are already sick of me.

I better go.

Melissa

What if your husband's dr. wrote a letter to his boss stating that it's ok for him to wear his boot? Would that help?

ramanth
12-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Were you given and add-back therapy to go with the Lupron injection?

Melissa
Not that I recall but I tried Lupron back in 2002, so my memory is a little fuzzy. :)

I still have the occassional hot flash from that stuff. Bleah! :(

boomersooner
12-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Hope everything turns out okay.....my daughter went off of Lupron last May. She had been on it for about 4 years or so for precocious puberty, but she didn't have the side effects. I hope everything works out for you.....the shots aren't fun, either.

Catty1
12-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I hope your dr can write a letter to your hubby's employer.

Is there anyone else he could work for?

Big prayers to you, hon!:love::love::love:

Daisy and Delilah
12-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out to you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Anikaca77
12-05-2009, 06:53 AM
We have an excuse here at the house stating that he can return to work as long as he wears the boot but his work told him he is not allowed to return to work until the boot is off. I know their reasoning is because if something happens to him and he's not allowed to run a cash register or anything because they might need him to go do something else.

He works in food service and you are supposed to have covered shoes at all times even if you run a cash register.

I keep breathing and saying it's going to be ok. I might have to take out a loan out of my retirement money but at least that would be able to help us get through, it just sucks this has to happen right now but I guess if things were never tough we wouldn't be greatfull for the times that are good.

melissa

Catty1
12-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Melissa - I am going to mention a word that some think is ugly and bad: welfare

It is exactly for people who need help to "fare well" in tough times. You both work hard, and you two are totally deserving of this. It is temporary, and you have earned it.

Don't be shy of food banks and Christmas hampers, either.

I have little to give - though anyone reading this can team up with me by PM because I do have a certain PayPal account name ;) - but certainly look into any additional help you need where you are.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Anikaca77
12-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Catty-

Thank you for your suggestions.

I'm looking into getting that loan out of my retirement funds but sadly I don't think that will cover our vets bills and right now I owe them about 800.00

I usually pay them off at the end of the year but it doesn't look like that will happen.

I will try to pay them as much as I can and do monthly payments but we have to pay for our health insurance and right now we are looking at a lot of expenses just for this month and next month but we will make it, it will be very hard and x-mas may not come this year but it's just one year.

Thanks,
Melissa