PDA

View Full Version : Lasagna Thursday, # 345!

RICHARD
12-02-2009, 05:05 PM
I saw an article on lasagna in the paper and thought that this would be a good change of pace after a few days of turkey?

Some red wine, garlic bread and a gree, leafy romaine salad......Oh!

I may have messed myself just then!:eek:

------------

Slick,
Student? do tell!

A straight shot to get the party started.

DONE!

I am not answering David's post this week. THe Steelers play the Raiders and I just just don't want to hear about it.:p:)

DONE?

I did make a meatball soup that was pretty good too! You can get a bowl of that if you like.

cassiesmom
12-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Lasagna is a very good thing! I'm tired of turkey, at least for now! Here, I've brought biscotti for dessert.

Grace
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Lasagna definitely hits the spot on a cold and rainy night - can I get a dish for Douglas also?

A glass of wine sounds wonderful, but make mine pink - not red :)

Karen
12-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh, gosh, I miss lasagna, but without the garlic, olive oil and the beef, it's just not the same. So a big serving of it, please!

And I'll help make the salad, nice leafy greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers - nice and sweet ones, red onion, parsley ... I'll make it a "segregated salad" so everyone can choose their own toppings.

RICHARD
12-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh, gosh, I miss lasagna, but without the garlic, olive oil and the beef, it's just not the same. So a big serving of it, please!

And I'll help make the salad, nice leafy greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers - nice and sweet ones, red onion, parsley ... I'll make it a "segregated salad" so everyone can choose their own toppings.

I can eat salad all day long!

Trade for a dish of lasagna......DONE!

Grace,

Of course you can an extra serving...LOL, Two eat for the price of one!

And a glass of pink!

DONE!

CM,

Oh, biscotti!

That will bring the people in!

LOL, No, it's turkey lasagna.;)

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
12-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I LOVE lasagna! I'll have some, please, and a nice glass of red Zinfandel (please, not pink) from Amador County, CA - some garlic knots would be wonderful, too! thanks!:)

Grace
12-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I LOVE lasagna! I'll have some, please, and a nice glass of red Zinfandel (please, not pink) from Amador County, CA - some garlic knots would be wonderful, too! thanks!:)

What are garlic knots?

Pinot's Mom
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
What are garlic knots?

Wonderful little creations! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_knots

Grace
12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Wonderful little creations! :D

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_knots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_knots)

That link doesn't work - so I googled. Can't find a recipe that gives the carb count. They look much too yummy for me :)

RICHARD
12-02-2009, 10:26 PM
That link doesn't work - so I googled. Can't find a recipe that gives the carb count. They look much too yummy for me :)

That's why you eat them here at Thursdays!

:D

DONE!

Grace
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
That's why you eat them here at Thursdays!

:D

DONE!

Darn - I had forgotten that rule. Thanks for reminding me - I'll have a dozen :D

RICHARD
12-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Darn - I had forgotten that rule. Thanks for reminding me - I'll have a dozen :D

Hot and with garlic butter and a shaker of parmesan cheese.:)

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
12-03-2009, 07:38 AM

Sorry, fixed the link...one too many "http's" in it!

Hot and with garlic butter and a shaker of parmesan cheese.:)

DONE!

The only way to have them!! :D

KYS
12-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I have been home with a mild case of the flu. I wonder if my
flu shot helped. :confused:
If I am not to late, I'll would love some Lasagna and a glass of gingerale. :D

RICHARD
12-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I have been home with a mild case of the flu. I wonder if my
flu shot helped. :confused:
If I am not to late, I'll would love some Lasagna and a glass of gingerale. :D

You are neve late to join the party...

One lasagna and ginger ale....

DONE!

Every time I get the flu shot I get sick...really..

Catherinedana
12-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I'd like to try some of that soup. . .if it has little pastas in it, Quincy the Quaker will gobble them up (He loves the little pasta thingies in Chickarina soup). And garlic knots to soak in it. . . .

I'll provide some homemade pomegranate/green tea iced tea (sweetened with agave nectar). Very yum!!

smokey the elder
12-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I need something potent; maybe a Captain Morgan mojito. Pilot plant drama again today.:(

RICHARD
12-03-2009, 02:19 PM
I'd like to try some of that soup. . .if it has little pastas in it, Quincy the Quaker will gobble them up (He loves the little pasta thingies in Chickarina soup). And garlic knots to soak in it. . . .

I'll provide some homemade pomegranate/green tea iced tea (sweetened with agave nectar). Very yum!!

Ah, I made 'albondiga soup'- Mex meatball soup...it has rice in it.:eek:

Still interested?

I love Arizona pomegranate tea.....But, homemade has me intrigued!

DONE?:D

Catherinedana
12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
It's not as sweet as the Arizona. . .more tea-y

Done!

gini
12-03-2009, 03:18 PM
There is a place near me that makes garlic knots - except theirs look like pinwheels - and they are soooo good.

So Richard, I will have a heaping plate of lasagna, some garlic knots and maybe a glass of red wine to wash it all down.

Great idea - I love turkey but enough is enough.

RICHARD
12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
There is a place near me that makes garlic knots - except theirs look like pinwheels - and they are soooo good.

So Richard, I will have a heaping plate of lasagna, some garlic knots and maybe a glass of red wine to wash it all down.

Great idea - I love turkey but enough is enough.

A plate for the lady? And a wine, too!:D

DONE!

CD,

LOL,
I 'll have the Tea-y!

--------

I have to admit something, I didn't eat turkey this year.

Everyone was acting like buttheads-good ones not bad- and I wanted to do a turkey here, just like old times? I started to get the supplies and thought that if I cooked a turkey, I'd be on my own.

So.... I cooked beans, rice and made tortillas!:eek::D
LOL, I was kinda bummered for about three minutes, so I had a party with the Edster and we laughed, sang and carried on, Well, I did.....

Ed watched me with some interest and only participated when the laser pen came out.

All in all, A good time was had by the both of us, We were thankful, just a little differently this year.:)

Pinot's Mom
12-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey Richard - we had chicken! The food doesn't matter - the spirit does - you and the Edster had plenty of spirit, I'm sure!:)

Can I just get some more garlic knots, lots of wine, and a cure for the lobotomy it seems the "powers that be" seem to have had at the office? Yeesh!!:rolleyes:

davidpizzica
12-03-2009, 05:29 PM
RICHARD, I'll play Garfield and have a large plate of that stuff! (I can't spell it for the life of me!) I even had a plate of it at lunch today. I'll also try some garlic knots, they sound delicious.

DJFyrewolf36
12-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Don't feel bad Richard...I didn't have any turkey this year either...unless you coun't cyber turkey!

I'll take a plate of the daily special and a mountain dew :D

RICHARD
12-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey Richard - we had chicken! The food doesn't matter - the spirit does - you and the Edster had plenty of spirit, I'm sure!:)

Can I just get some more garlic knots, lots of wine, and a cure for the lobotomy it seems the "powers that be" seem to have had at the office? Yeesh!!:rolleyes:

Yes, we can do that.....

Knots, wine and a cure for Knot Heads?

DONE!

David,

How did I know you had lasagna? I was not going to talk to yoiu because I wanted to get ready for the game on Sunday!

One plate and knots?

DONE!

DJ,

MD goes with everything.....

The lack of turkey makes me just ready to cook one in a few weeks!

The special and a drink
DONE!

Queen of Poop
12-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I'll have a plate and a cup of whatever you've got that's hot. We have a winter storm warning and looking outside now they were right. It is blowing snow so thick/hard I can hardly see the building across the street! :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I didn't have turkey either. But I did have stuffing and cranberry sauce. and cherry pie. :D It's what makes the holiday special to you that counts, not what traditions say.

It is so cold here today. I'd love something hot. Maybe some beef stew and hot tea! Cat nip tea for the kids too, please. :love:

RICHARD
12-04-2009, 05:32 PM
It is so cold here today. I'd love something hot. Maybe some beef stew and hot tea! Cat nip tea for the kids too, please. :love:

A hot beef stew, hot tea, catnip and a warm place for the kittehs!:)

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
12-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Barkeep, it's about time you showed up!! You have to remember - Fridays call for early happy hour!:D

I'll have my usual, but I don't really need food - I had the BEST Orange Chicken today for lunch I've ever had! So, just a nice vodka & dg with kitty playtime on a Friday evening! Happy weekend y'all!:D

RICHARD
12-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Barkeep, it's about time you showed up!! You have to remember - Fridays call for early happy hour!:D

I'll have my usual, but I don't really need food - I had the BEST Orange Chicken today for lunch I've ever had! So, just a nice vodka & dg with kitty playtime on a Friday evening! Happy weekend y'all!:D

Sorry about the delay,
I have been busy, enjoying life?:o:D

One V and DG and plenty of kitty time.

DONE!:)

RICHARD
12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I am eating chili cheese fries right now.
Anybody interested?;)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I've never tried those so dish some up! :D

RICHARD
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I've never tried those so dish some up! :D

YOu have missed heaven so far!

DONE!

---------

Recipe.

Heat up some french fires then top off with canned chili, of your choice, then top with cheese.

You can get fancy and add diced onions, green onions, add some sour cream or guacamole on the side!!!!

:)

pomtzu
12-08-2009, 03:22 PM
---------

Heat up some french fires then top off with canned chili, of your choice, then top with cheese.

Hardee's makes them here and they are delicious. I see from their locations map that you don't have them out there. They're a great fast food chain that puts places like McDonald's or Wendy's to shame. Their Angus Burgers are tops!

Now I want to hop in the car and go get some. Richard - can you share those chili cheese fries - please???

RICHARD
12-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Hardee's makes them here and they are delicious. I see from their locations map that you don't have them out there. They're a great fast food chain that puts places like McDonald's or Wendy's to shame. Their Angus Burgers are tops!

Now I want to hop in the car and go get some. Richard - can you share those chili cheese fries - please???

If I talk about it? I have to share!
DONE!

slick
12-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Oh, chili cheeze fries......throw some over my way. I'm sick of salads and yogurt. I'll take an icy cold beer to wash it all down with please.

**waves** Hi everyone! :)

Moesha
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I think that out west that Carl's Jr. is the equivalent to Hardees. When I used to get LA TV stations, the Carl's Jr. commercials were the same as Hardees here. That's where the yellow star on the Hardees' signs came from.

RICHARD
12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I think that out west that Carl's Jr. is the equivalent to Hardees. When I used to get LA TV stations, the Carl's Jr. commercials were the same as Hardees here. That's where the yellow star on the Hardees' signs came from.

I don't think that CJs does any chili stuff.

I seem to remember that they sold a chili dog once, then that disappeared from the menu.:mad:

Hmmm, I may have to go out for fast food!:eek::D

Are you going order something?:p:D

----------------

Slick, YOU have to sin sometimes, Salad? Yougurt...

Do you do the Bifularis Regulosis Intestinal. I-feel-good kind?:eek::confused:

LOL,

Chili cheese fries will clean you out. And a beer.

DONE!

Moesha
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't think that CJs does any chili stuff.

Oh ye with little faith. Carl's Jr Chili Cheese Fries. (http://www.carlsjr.com/menu/sides/chili-cheese-fries) I know my fast food restaurants! :D
The sad thing with Carl's Jr. is that they don't have gravy biscuits. Hardees makes the best gravy biscuits! Perhaps you could get me some of those Mr. Barkeeper? ;)

ETA: Our Hardees don't have the fried zucchini! WAAA! Oh, and don't look at the nutrition information on those chili cheese fries. It may give you a heart attack. They should only be eaten in the bar! And just in case you didn't believe me, check out the Carl's Jr (www.carlsjr.com) website vs the Hardees (www.hardees.com) website.