PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen "Face Lift"

jennielynn1970
12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Dave and I had been talking about doing something to my kitchen because it is just so white! Walls.. white. Appliances... white. Cabinets... white. Everything in it was white!!

Well... not anymore!! We, ahem... he painted the kitchen on Saturday and Sunday and it is now a lovely shade of Glidden paint called BELGIAN WAFFLE. It looks a little orange, but it's a lovely warm shade really. I saw it first at night and was like "OMG... my kitchen is a CREAMSICLE!!". It's not, lol.

So.. here are the before pics when it was all white and had the pizza parlor curtain tiers and lights, lol. The newer pictures have the new paint on the walls, a window seat was next to the windows (a cabinet that I used to sit on and chat), but now houses a new chest freezer. There are new ceiling lights and also a new shelf that Dave built to put my toaster oven on so that I have more counter space. He also renovated a closet and put shelving in it so that I have more space for storage and more room in my cabinets. No pics of that as it was not that exciting to look at, lol.

So... here are the pics.

jennielynn1970
12-01-2009, 09:09 PM
The rest of the pics...

Karen
12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
It looks nice, and much warmer!

happylabs
12-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Looks very nice Jen. I'm jealous. My kitchen totally needs an update. Now I just have to find a guy that will do it for me. :D

jennielynn1970
12-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Looks very nice Jen. I'm jealous. My kitchen totally needs an update. Now I just have to find a guy that will do it for me. :D

Dave and I live in Allentown... he could do the painting and other things if you ever want to have him take a look at it. I saw you're also in PA.

Grace
12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Love the color - makes it so inviting :)

K9karen
12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Gee, Jenn, thanks for a great idea! I'm having a strufggle choosing a color and, honestly was considering something like that. Dave did a great job! Creamsicle is sure better than the kitchen color a friend had when she moved to her 1st house..Pepto Bismol Pink!

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2009, 02:00 AM
It looks great.:) Thanks for sharing.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2009, 02:51 AM
He he "Belgian Waffles" hey?? OF COURSE it is beautiful :):) LOL

I love it!!! It is much warmer than the cold white!! Nice curtains too!
Btw, the new lighting is so much more cosy too!!!
Our kitchen used to have this colour too!

ps. if you want real Belgian waffles with it, I have a great recipe, herited from my grandma!! They are so yummie!!

chocolatepuppy
12-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Looks great! I'd love to have all your windows! ;)

Medusa
12-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Your kitchen looks more inviting now. I like the door; wish I had a door in my kitchen. I'm thinking of tearing out one of the windows and having a door installed in its place. I did a major remodel in my kitchen this year, too. You and I even have the same space heater! :p

Daisy and Delilah
12-02-2009, 07:06 AM
I actually like the before look too but the new look is fabulous!! Cool!! I love all the windows. The daylight streaming in must be wonderful. I feel like I'm always in the dark in my kitchen. Great job!!

p.s. the only thing missing in there is Pat Neely, cooking up some vittles. When he shows up, please invite me over.;) ;) ;)

Laura's Babies
12-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Yes, I love it!

Pinot's Mom
12-02-2009, 07:23 AM
It looks wonderful, and I agree with chocolatepuppy-love the windows! :)

Freedom
12-02-2009, 08:51 AM
VERY nice, and you will surely enjoy that! The contrast in wall color is lovely, warm and inviting. Just don't think of the NAME of that color too often, you will always be hungry and USING that new kitchen, lol! :D

The change in curtains and ceiling lights made a bit impact as well. Wondering if you put those energy saver bulbs in the new lights? It seems a much softer glow, but that "could" be due to the change in wall color. If you find it too dark at night (especially in the winter) those energy saver bulbs come in a "daylight" which is much whiter light. I have that in the kitchen and home office, but not in the living room and bedrooms.

Give that man a special dinner! :D

sirrahbed
12-02-2009, 09:30 AM
While I really liked the "before" pictures very much - I LOVE the new warm color:) Bet you will enjoy cooking up some of your wonderful recipes in the new environment. Such an inviting room!! Thank you for sharing the facelift with us.

jennielynn1970
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Wondering if you put those energy saver bulbs in the new lights? It seems a much softer glow, but that "could" be due to the change in wall color. If you find it too dark at night (especially in the winter) those energy saver bulbs come in a "daylight" which is much whiter light. I have that in the kitchen and home office, but not in the living room and bedrooms.

Give that man a special dinner! :D

The bulbs are actually flourescent tubes, so they are the old style bulb. They give a brighter glow to the room, and I really like it.

I sent the pictures to my mom, and I just know she's going to be unhappy with what I've done. :( She loved the white of the kitchen (I hated it... always looking dirty and cold), so I know I'm going to get a "lecture" about what I've done now, lol.

jennielynn1970
12-02-2009, 09:38 AM
He he "Belgian Waffles" hey?? OF COURSE it is beautiful :):) LOL

I love it!!! It is much warmer than the cold white!! Nice curtains too!
Btw, the new lighting is so much more cosy too!!!
Our kitchen used to have this colour too!

ps. if you want real Belgian waffles with it, I have a great recipe, herited from my grandma!! They are so yummie!!

Hmmmmmm.... authentic Belgian Waffles, eh??? I would love that recipe!

anna_66
12-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I think it looks wonderful!

mruffruff
12-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Your 'new' kitchen looks so inviting. White is nice but I find it cold. That color warms the room. And I love those windows too.

Dave is a real find. Keep that man around:D

Cataholic
12-02-2009, 10:55 AM
LOL, if Lilycat sees this, she will fall all over your white kitchen. I think Lilycat was made to live in a hospital...he he he.

I love colour! I love your new colour!

catnapper
12-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Looks awesome! I like the waffle color.... the name is making me hungry! :p

Asiel
12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I think your kitchen looks great, much warmer and inviting than white . I think it's a great colour, different than the usual colours you usually see in kitchens.

KYS
12-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I love it, it brightens up the kitchen.

Logan
12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
It really is warm and inviting. I was thinking that the "before" pictures weren't so bad, either, but I can see how welcome the change must be for you. Just lovely, Jen!