PDA

View Full Version : Irritation!!!

Cookiebaker
10-10-2002, 01:56 AM
I was so irritated with Malone this evening! We were in the bedroom talking about where we were going to go. Malone was snuffling around, and he jumps on the bed. Usually he is allowed up there on an invitation-only basis, but tonight I didn't think too much of it. And then? HE PEED ON THE BED!!!! He hasn't peed in the house since the beginning of August--that's two months!! I am wondering if this is a marking the territory type thing?? He was fixed at the beginning of September, though, so I don't know. Anyhoo, he peed all over 2 quilts (our summer ones) and just yesterday I had gotten our winter down comforter out, and he peed all over that. Guess I'll be going to the laundromat tomorrow!

I was pretty mad :mad: but realized that he's too goofy to understand, so after a few minutes I forgave him and gave him a hug. :)

wolf_Q
10-10-2002, 02:14 AM
Ooops! Tsk Malone! Did he pee right after he jumped on the bed, or did he wander around on it for a while? That is weird that he would do that! Maybe he smelled something unusual? Nebo peed once a couple of weeks ago. Before that it had been quite a long time. I was in another room and I guess he tried to let me know he needed out (as the pee spot was near the door) but I wasn't there to let him out, lol. His biggest problem is he doesn't try hard enough......like he'll sit politely by the door, sometimes ring the bell....occasionally he will walk over to me. But I have a feeling that if I don't let him out right away, he'll just go. Smokey and Reggie bark their heads off at me to be let out!

Cookiebaker
10-10-2002, 02:19 AM
His biggest problem is he doesn't try hard enough......like he'll sit politely by the door

That's Malone, too. I told Mark after that incident that I think Malone has US trained. We always jump at his beckon call and let him out if he gives so much as an inkling. So if we don't pay attention, he doesn't really know how to beg to go out.

But as far as this past incident, he didn't even indicate or anything! I just had the down comforter cleaned ($7 down the tubes) and maybe he didn't like the smell of it????? That's the only thing that has changed, so that is what makes me suspicious of it.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-10-2002, 06:11 AM
This reminds me of when Drake was a puppy. He only peed in the house twice before he was house broken. The first time, we picked him up and took him outside immediately and made him go potty outside. Well, I guess he understood that you aren't supposed to pee on the floor inside the house. So the nex day, Drake peed on the bed in the guest bedoom :D He just hopped up and did his deed. Andrew's rationale was Drake knew he wasn't allowed to pee on the floor, so he did it on the bed :D

anna_66
10-10-2002, 07:26 AM
When Mark & I were first married he had a little
black mutt named Dusty. For some reason (who
knows why) he would take spells & go up & pee
on our bed during the day. I just finally had to
keep the bedroomdoor closed until we went to
bed (he slept with us & never peed at night).
I don't know maybe it was his way of telling us he
wanted us to go to bed:confused:

So, sorry I can't tell you anything else! I just hope
he quits!

manda99
10-10-2002, 08:20 AM
After Smokey was potty trained the only time he ever peed in the house was to tell me "Hey, something's wrong." He had a bladder infection. Has Malone had to hold it recently for longer than usual? Smokey had to be in his crate for 8 hrs one day and he wasn't used to holding it that long. He didn't pee in there (what a good boy) but he ended up with an infection.
Does it seem like he is urinating *a lot*? Is he drinking more water than usual?

Just something to consider.

Hope all is well though! Good luck.

Amanda

zookeeper
10-10-2002, 11:26 AM
Bobbie was house trained very quickly. But there were a few incidents where she went and peed on my bed. She has separation anxiety so I guess this was her way of punishing us.

A couple of months ago, both dogs started going to the bathroom in the house, they were peeing and doing the number 2. Wwe had no idea why they were doing this, they were both being taken outside enough and were goign to the bathroom. Now hey are 6 & 7 so this isn't a puppy thing

Well one day I finally caught them actually going to the bathroom and gave the hell, they have not done this since. I guess they were acting out about something and this was our punishment.

Sometimes I think that our fur babies get a bit annoyed or angry at us and make messes on our beds or in the house to teach us a lesson. to bad that they cannot just talk to us and tell us what is wrong:)