PDA

View Full Version : Best host for managing multiple sites?

Suki Wingy
12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, I know I've been saying it for what feels like 4 years or so, but I finally want to open up some website designing and maintenance just for some income, even if it's just backup. I'm finding it hard to keep down a real job with all the moving I've been and will be doing, at least for the next year or so.

Right now my dad set up and hosts my personal site through one of his work servers. I designed and update it in Dreamweaver and then use Fetch to put it online, using the information he gave me for his server. I bought my domain through GoDaddy.com and have used them for hosting a long time ago, I think like three domains back. :rolleyes: Been a long time.

Karen
12-01-2009, 01:39 AM
It depends on what kind of traffic you're expecting, whether you'll be serving a lot of videos, or graphics, or just text ...

Suki Wingy
12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Probably simple sites with graphics leaning towards the "lots" side. Oh, I guess similar to my own personal site. (link in my sig)

Hellow
12-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Depends upon what the host is running and what you mean by "managing" multiple sites.

Suki Wingy
12-02-2009, 12:43 PM
By managing, I mean a client emails me an update, and I can fix it quickly.