PDA

View Full Version : what does "maybe so...lol" mean?

Genny
12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
What would you think that this meant if a guy texted you this. OK, me and this guy have been going out lately-maybe like once a week the last month or so. not dating..just hangin out.. He went to Florida this Thanksgiving and was gone like a week and just got back yesterday. I texted him tonight and asked him if he wanted to go to a movie friday-i had forgotten but he works friday night, so he told me that he worked friday and I was like oh yeah I for got, then I said well maybe then we can go some other time-and he said "maybe so lol" What does that sound like to you? does it sound like 'hmmmm maybe but im not real sure if i want to though' or does it probably mean more like 'oh cool!!!! maybe we can!!!!!' What would you think?

Suki Wingy
12-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Honestly there is no way to know unless you just call or text and ask him up front. (I tend to be pretty frank to avoid situations like this exactly!) But I think it sounds kind of like the second one.

Karen
12-01-2009, 01:37 AM
I'd guess means maybe you could find some other time and go ... worth a shot. Laughing out loud, probably just because you forgot he works on Fridays ... but some other time would be good!

Catlady711
12-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Since humour and body language don't always translate through in text, I'd ask him to be sure.

But personallyl if that was me and my hubby, I'd think it meant that he knew I'd be asking him to spend some time together when we could and he was being jovial about it.

happylabs
12-01-2009, 12:09 PM
I gave up on trying to figure men out. Just ask him.

CountryWolf07
12-01-2009, 12:30 PM
I gave up on trying to figure men out. Just ask him.

Same here. I gave up trying to figure out my boyfriend at this point, he is who he is.... (all guys are) but ask him. I honestly dislike texting and talking online because it can be very, very completely the opposite of what you mean to say.

carole
12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
There is no way of telling what he means by that statement, as it is probably different for everyone, he might just mean yeah sure later on,but when i use the term maybe i usually mean probably not, but that is just me,it is my way of getting out of a difficult situation when someone asks me to do something i dont really want to do,but remember that is just me, it certainly does not mean he means it that way at all.

It is kinda standing on the fence, neither a yes or a no isn't it? So I would just ask him outright again, and see what happens. Good Luck.

Laura's Babies
12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
My guess is he'll do it if nothing better comes up....

Genny
12-01-2009, 05:45 PM
hmmm..haha ok...maybe he did mean sure he wanted to. I'll ask him again -- maybe see if he'd wanna go saturday or something...

Cataholic
12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
If I could relive my youth all over again, I would keep these two things in mind:

1. People should say what they mean and mean what they say, and

2. People vote with their feet.

If a simple question doesn't generate a simple answer, the real answer is probably not what you want to hear. You put the offer out there. He can do these things:

1. Accept.
2. Decline.
3. Decline, but alter the day.

sparks19
12-02-2009, 03:59 PM
maybe he's trying to be coy or funny... I think you should just ask him flat out "wanna do this on this day" and if he still doesn't give you a yes or no answer then I'd assume he was just toying around with me