PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the White House party crashers???

moosmom
11-30-2009, 11:40 AM
What do you guys think about those White House party crashers? Do you think they should be charged? Personally,I think they should be charged with a hefty fine and not be paid for any interviews. I also think we should all be thankful that it wasn't terrorists that got in. I shudder to think what COULD'VE happened had they been terrorists looking to kill the President. I also believe the Secret Service should be held responsible. Let's face it folks, if they were doing their job, this wouldn't have happened. I'll get off my soap box now.

pomtzu
11-30-2009, 11:53 AM
It certainly looks like the Secret Service fell down on the job in this case. It's really pretty darn scary when you think about it. After 9/11, you'd think they just might be a little more diligent. :confused: So somebody could have knocked off our President with little or no effort. What a comforting thought to know that we are more secure than ever in our little corner of the world. :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

lvpets2002
11-30-2009, 12:04 PM
:o Well I think some heads should be turned on this one from Secret Service.. Yes I feel both sides were in the wrong.. Yes a heavy fine on both sides.. I also think there is more to the story than what we are hearing.. I still feel someone with the White House knew this couple.. Too many doorways left open here for just a oversight..:rolleyes:

Pinot's Mom
11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
To say it's a serious breach of security to me is understating the matter. This was monumental.
There are so many things that disturb me about it, not the least of which is that I heard they were considering using the woman for a new "reality" series (The Real Housewives of Washington, DC-like we need that!) and this may have had something to do with her being there. What?! So she could be seen schmoozing with the President??! I seriously wonder if that's how they really got in; using some bogus credentials from that network. I don't know - none of that's confirmed, of course, but it's just horrible! :mad:

Grace
11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
That couple is greedy - they want more than their 15 minutes in the spotlight.

They were going to be on with Larry King one night, and then canceled. Now they want "mid 6 figures" for any interview.

Laura's Babies
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
I think that couple did the white house a BIG FAVOR! It defiantly showed them that security is nowhere near what it should be. I thank God it WAS them and not terrorist that found the flaw. Now maybe, things can be corrected.

I think they (the white house) should secretly hire people to try to do just that at every function to test the security.. so they can find ALL flaws and fix them if we want a secure white house!

They have secrete shoppers to test businesses, this is the WHITE HOUSE, the seurity should be better than that and constantly tested.

Cinder & Smoke
11-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Do with 'em?

Load 'em in The Balloon with Baloon Dad and send 'em all up, together.

And make sure the balloon does NOT leak, this time.
Maybe send an SS guy along to ride shotgun and provide "security". :p

Lady's Human
11-30-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm fairly sure the WH staff checks their security on a fairly regular basis, like the rest of the government, they have exercises to test their reactions to certain issues.

The Secret service were highly likely following their SOP to the T, if they weren't then shame on them, but I don't think heads should roll as they still went through security, and as such were unarmed and a threat to no one.

As far as the couple go? Ignore them, it would be the ultimate punishment for them. Sadly, though, they have their 30 days of fame.

moosmom
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM
LH,

The point I was trying to make is that they may not have been a threat to anyone , but it seems to me, personally, that the United States has become a little "relaxed" when it comes to our homeland security. She could've had a bomb up her dress or they could've "wandered" around the White House looking snooping.

Maybe it's because I've been screwed over recently that I just don't trust people the way I used to.

Lady's Human
11-30-2009, 04:28 PM
No way she had a bomb if she went through WH security and the areas she could have gotten to snoop were harmless.

It's a museum people live in with one heck of a bunker underneath.

cassiesmom
11-30-2009, 06:24 PM
I just heard this on news radio. Desiree Rogers is the former director of the Illinois State Lottery during Gov. Edgar's administration (Edgar preceded Blagojevich). This could easily have gone very bad if the couple's intentions had been different. I agree with Pinot's Mom (monumental), Laura's Babies (thank goodness the lax security has been "outed"), and Moosmom (she could have hid a bomb under her lahenga, it's fortunate all they wanted was some time in the spotlight). ARe they really Indian, they look pretty WASPy in the photos I have seen of them...

------
Does Chicagoan Share Blame For White House Breach?

WASHINGTON (CBS) ― Word is out that a prominent Chicagoan now working in the White House might have contributed to the security breach at the White House State Dinner last week.

Newsweek reports that White House Social Director Desiree Rogers took away the responsibilities of the staffer who was in charge of clearing invitees into events such as state dinners.

That staff member, Cathy Hargraves, said she was stripped of most of her responsibilities earlier this year. She had been serving as "assistant for arrangements."

Hargraves told Newsweek that Rogers told her, "We don't have a need for that anymore."

Hargraves wound up resigning last June.

Rogers lived and worked in Chicago before going to the White House.

Alysser
11-30-2009, 07:21 PM
What annoys me the most is that they did this all for ATTENTION and money, and they're probably going to get it.

Lady's Human
11-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Again.....

Barring some new explosive tech unknown to the Secret Service, you're not getting into the White House grounds with a bomb, invite or no invite.

You still go through the security screening checkpoints, and they're a touch better than the TSA people at the airport.

RICHARD
11-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Again.....

Barring some new explosive tech unknown to the Secret Service, you're not getting into the White House grounds with a bomb, invite or no invite.

You still go through the security screening checkpoints, and they're a touch better than the TSA people at the airport.

Chow down on Beenie Weenie and a few beers. Then go to a party.

Toxic?;)

LOL, not even the wide open spaces of the Angeles National Forest was able to disperse that mess....and how appropriate the event was held in a tent?

http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2008/02/beanie-wienies-for-grown-ups.html

moosmom
11-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Personally, I think with all this hoopla, they've had their 15 minutes of fame and shouldn't get a dime for any interviews. It's been said they're asking some 6 figures for an interview. Yeah right!!!!

momcat
12-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I've been folowing this story and I'm outraged that it even happened. I agree that it's a positive so hopefully the security breeches can be plugged up. News reports have been saying that threats against President Obama have increased by 400% since he was inaugurated. So what that these two got through metal detectors and nothing was found. But this was a formal dinner. As close as they got to the President there was a risk, how difficult would it have been to pick up a knife from one of the tables? A secret service agent was heard to say that there are so many threats some of them are surprised that nothing has happened yet. Scary!

Heads should definitely roll over this one whether it be secret service, Whitehouse staff, anyone and everyone in any way involved! As for these two losers, charge them with felony tresspass and don't throw the book at them.....throw the whole law library at them! They both need to be in jail.

cassiesmom
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I heard on news radio today that some 90 individuals have breached White House security since 1980, including a priest who claimed God told him to do it.

kitten645
12-09-2009, 09:56 PM
If they had snuck onto an airplane, they'd be facing some jail time. As for relaxing standards since 9/11, I thought on THAT day that things would go back to 'normal" and this could certainly happen again. Humans have a short memory. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
12-10-2009, 11:08 AM
What a pair of losers, just saw a clip of them being chased by the papparrazo.
They didn't see to be too happy.,

Morons.