PDA

View Full Version : Do you want broccoli with that, Fister?

Randi
11-29-2009, 10:29 AM
I indulged a bit yesterday and made myself a good steak (medium rare) with potatoes, bearnaise and broccoli. Of course, Fister wanted to taste - although he would have preferred it raw. He did get a few slices of it, and when I thought he'd had enough, I offered him some broccoli. To my surprize, he ate a few bits of that, but didn't want a second helping. He will also eat boiled corn, as if it were Temptations.

So does your cat eat vegetables? Which?

catmandu
11-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Yummy Fister , your Meeowmies so good to you, serving Steak and Veggies!!:cool::cool::D
My Dad does that too and he shares his Meals on Wheels as well.
Its good to Be An Owesome Older Orange , right Fister.:):):)
Your Friend in Fine Dining , Michael the Dream Cat aka Mr Purrrrr
:love::love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
11-29-2009, 12:13 PM
I've had cats that like fruit. Luke loved grapes. They had lots of play value then served as a snack! One of my other rb cats loved cantaloupe. She would even chew through garbage bags to get the rinds to chew on. :D

Fister I hope you enjoyed your special treat!!! :love:

pomtzu
11-29-2009, 12:46 PM
My RB Meezer Ming would fight you for a piece of broccoli - he loved it. My dogs like just about any kind of veggie, and Sparky goes bonkers over apples, bananas, and cantaloupe. Myndi isn't much of a fruit eater tho.

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh Fister, what a refined palatte you have. My girls love the steak, but would not have shown any interest in the broccoli. Only this morning Samantha ran away from a piece of banana!

Randi
11-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Cantaloupe, eh? I've heard someone else mention it. Must get some of that, Fister might like it too. :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Edwina likes a bit of corn...if it has butter on it!:D:D

Pinot's Mom
11-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I posted a thread a little bit ago about Pinot carrying avocadoes and tomatoes around the house, but I don't think she'd eat them. Never had them to my knowledge. Fister was just making sure your meal was cooked properly!;)

Prairie Purrs
11-29-2009, 01:38 PM
My RB girlie Keke was crazy for cantaloupe. I was not allowed to eat any without sharing. Ever.

momcat
11-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Groucho goes crazy for chicken in any way, shape, or form. Aside from that he sticks to his regular food and generally doesn't even accept treats. Many years ago we had a dog that loved broccoli. I always had to make extra so Shane could feast out on it along with what Soncat gave him under the table.

katladyd
11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Neither of my Boys care for anything besides their kitty food. My boyfriend's boy, Buddy, loves whipped cream and chicken. Yum! His little princess, Mau Mau, loves strawberry ice cream. Our dear, departed, Tomas, LOVED broccoli! Isn't it funny how their tastes differ?

catmandu
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
I was wondering why Juke Joint Joseph was lapping at My Green Giants Corn with Butter Sauce,
If its good enough for HH Lady Edwina Rose , its all right for Juke Joint Joseph.:love::love::love:
I have seen Miquelito My Little Orange Lion and Scrappy 2 eat Pumpkin Pie , especially a la mode!!!
;);););)

Laura's Babies
11-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I had a cat that ate and loved cooked green beans. Chester loves canned peaches or pears but NOT the lite ones, he wants to full sugared ones.

orangemm
11-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Archy ate a green bean on Thanksgiving (cooked). He also fancies ham (deli) and will occasionally eat half a peanut. Strange boy!:confused:

Donnaj4962
11-29-2009, 05:38 PM
My Tabitha goes CRAZY for mushrooms! Meowmie doesn't like them, so if she has something with "fungus" in it, Tabby gets it! She loves them. She also likes lima beans, popcorn (Meowmie makes sure she only gets the popped part, no kernel shells!) and nacho cheese doritos. Actually, any cracker with cheese flavor is fine with her!

Sasha? No people food, except tuna! And I think she thinks that is cat food since it comes from a can!

Silly girls!

cassiesmom
11-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Archy ate a green bean on Thanksgiving (cooked). He also fancies ham (deli) and will occasionally eat half a peanut. Strange boy!:confused:

My sister's rb kitty Poco loved any meat from the deli and would come running when he heard the bags rustle. He also liked green beans. Cassie loves chicken or turkey, shrimp, milk, and yogurt. (I give her about 1 tsp of yogurt from time to time, esp. after she coughs/barfs up a hair ball.)

mruffruff
11-30-2009, 08:26 AM
One of my cats will eat nearly anything I do. Nosey will eat peanuts, noodles, ice cream, egg yolk, meat of any kind, even mashed potato. Of course she gets just a taste at any time. We share chips and tortillas (no dip for her, please). Fruit doesn't appeal to her, though.

Now she competition for any food. Emily is only 6 pounds to Nose's 11, but she's not afraid to snatch any little bit she can. But Emily is more discerning--meat only for this diva!

Barbara
11-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Filou eats:
avocado, mango, corn, boiled potatoes, French Fries, olives......but no broccoli.
Tigris would eat:
tomato juice and boiled potatoes.