PDA

View Full Version : cat food

petluver1
11-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Hello! Does anyone know where or if cat food can be bought in 50 pound bags? I have 10 or 11 feral cats I'm feeding, and I can only find 16 pound bags. It is getting expensive! And I don't want to stop feeding them, since they are used to the food they are getting. Or any suggestions that might be cheaper. Thanks! Nan :love:

catmandu
11-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Iams used to market a 33 pound bag as did Technical , but I havent seen them in some time.:)
I think that 20 pound bags is about as big as they get these days.
And I certainly agree that Cat Foods getting expensive , even for the Grocery Store Brands.:(
I would check the Pet Food Stores and see if you cannot get bags of food that are just expired as they are usually good for at least a month past the due date and I find bags at half price at PetsMart for the Found and Porch Cats that still have time on them.:cool:
Good Luck on feeding all of Your Cat Friends and God Bless You for caring.:love::love::love:

catmandu
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Costco has a fairly good Food , Kirkland at about 14 Dollars for 20 pounds, although I am not sure if they are in the US!:love:

Karen
11-30-2009, 11:07 AM
You don't say where you live - if you have a "feed store" type place near you, they may sell the bigger bags, it would be worth a call!

lvpets2002
11-30-2009, 12:26 PM
:love: Yes Kirkland is one of the Dry Foods that my Babies just Love.. Its a 20-22 pound size.. I really dont know if there is any cat food in a 50 pound size.. Just try Walmart or Tractor Supply or Feed Store..
Costco has a fairly good Food , Kirkland at about 14 Dollars for 20 pounds, although I am not sure if they are in the US!:love: