PDA

View Full Version : SO dissapointed! (rant)

Laura's Babies
11-28-2009, 10:30 AM
All of you pretty much know what a BIG fan of Andrea Bocelli I am. I had pre ordered his My Christmas Cd and soon as the DVD could be pre ordered, I ordered that and have been so excited, waiting for it to arrive. It came yesterday and I don't know when I have ever been so disappointed in something in my whole life. Everything posted in reference to the DVD said there were 13 songs on the My Christmas DVD. I was SO looking forwards to seeing him sing The Lords Prayer with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Jingle Bells with the Muppet's and having that to take to the boat with me next week when I go back to work.

I put it in the DVD player and realized this wasn't your usual "in concert" type like all his other DVDs are, it was more like individual clips with a brief black out in between clips. I was just getting into it and waiting for the ones I wanted to see and guess what!!! It was OVER! :eek: Ok... thinking I did something wrong I went to the song index of the DVD.. ACK... there were only 7 songs on there.. Hay, where were the 13 they advertised? :eek:

Going back and looking, they NOW have another "My Christmas" DVD of the entire Christmas special for another $22. I can not believe Andrea and David Foster did this to their fans! I have went and read reviews and everybody else is disappointed too. Like me, everyone expected the WHOLE Christmas special. Nowhere did they say this was NOT the entire show but a sampler of it. I am thinking about contacting Amazon and seeing if I can send it back. I feel like they (Andrea & David) mislead their fans in order to make another sale and it just isn't sitting well with me...

Karen
11-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Absolutely send it back, contact Amazon and inform them of the misinformation, and demand either your money back or the other CD instead. That it claimed to have 13 pieces, and just has seven - that's false advertising, plain and simple.

Catty1
11-28-2009, 10:51 AM
And it wasn't Andrea and David - it was their marketing company! Not sure if they even knew about this!

Warner Brothers Records would be worth contacting!

kitten645
11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Warner Bros have a reputation for being dishonest to everyone..fans and performers alike. I would definately get a refund from Amazon. You are no doubt in the fan club or visit his homepage (sorry I don't know anything about the artist:rolleyes:) I would post there as well to warn fans and maybe get the artists or his "handlers" attention.

Laura's Babies
11-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I would post there as well to warn fans and maybe get the artists or his "handlers" attention.

Oh, I am betting I have got their attention.. I am posting this everywhere, even on facebook where I am in one of his fan clubs AND on You Tube where it has the promo for it but last time I looked, my comment wasn't there yet..LOL!

Thing is, no matter WHO is responsiable for it, they don't need to use tricks to fool people to sell Andrea's music/DVD's, all that is going to do is hurt sales due to the lost trust in what they are doing. I won't be so quick to trust them anymore.